• Lich

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I never actually realised that the DK can do quite a bit of Coiling before running out of mana. It is stronger than the DL (I knew that) but Infernal is better than Raise Dead. And to raise dead early kinda sucks 'cos I'm fast and nobody has any decent units..... Frenzy makes sure of that.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Certainly, and I will give the Dreadlord this, the DL provides a much higher return at level 6 than the DK does. However, the DK provides overall more use at level 5, which is the level most primary heroes reach in basic games. At level 5, the DK gains access to one of the game's nastiest sniping weapons, and trust me, there are lots of players that hate my guts for Coiling their heroes every 5 seconds. In addition, he becomes virtually uncatchable at that level, because he has Unholy Aura, combined with his fast speed. With even one point into Unholy Aura, he is the fastest hero, and with all three points into Unholy Aura, I believe he hits the speed cap of 400 movement. Good for dancing, as the DK does require quite a bit of dancing. In addition, starting him up as your primary has quite a reward, since he can be used to tank for the army during creeping and, more importantly, in combat. Death Pact ensures that he will survive longer than most heroes (barring a Paladin with level 3 Divine Shield), and be around to Coil his fellow heroes and units back to good health.

Concerning Death Pact vs Divine Shield, I've come to accept that Divine Shield is far better than Death Pact, rather than allowing the DK to serve another purpose, but it's likely that this is because the DK would be far too dangerous a hero if he had something like Divine Shield. Death Coil already has a faster cooldown than Holy Light by a full 3 seconds, meaning it can be cast more often, allowing it to be spammed on enemy heroes or your own units, and having the DK run around unchecked for a full 15 seconds via a Potion of Invulnerability is a nightmare enough for most players, though I imagine a Lich with that could cause far greater headaches/nightmares. Nevertheless, giving credit where credit is due, Death Pact remains the only spell in the game that directly heals the hero himself, and it's pretty damn good at it too.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
But the Pally looks and plays stupid. :D

And I'll say this for you, Rage. The DK is about one of the strongest starters you can take besides the MK and DH, and with auras, it ensures Undead starting units (Ghoul/Fiend) will also be boosted. Coil is excellent as well. Not only that, the DK is extremely fast, and with aura, it can run around on a creeping spree faster than most.

The aura too is really good in battles. It's impressive to boost your units in battle with Unholy. Death Pact is better than Divine Shield in that you can take anything you want and heal. But the Undead have great raising abilities. The Undead too are very resiliant. Facing a breakin by Undead is really crap, rivalled by Orc Raiders. Frenzied Ghouls, with aura mean that your base is going down, people!

Oh, and Divine Shield also sucks as the DK attacks faster than the Pally (at least I think it does). Even so, the Pally can't get enough hits out of Shield before it fades. And it drains mana with Light and Re-thingy (whatever it's called). I prefer the DKs final to the Pallys as well. Since Ghouls and Fiends can take out larger enemies, it makes sense to raise THEM back instead of your own. But since it's random.....

So, did Arthas turn bad or good when he crossed over? A little bit of both, I say. BAD for obvious reasons, GOOD 'cos (and I'd never think I'd say this) It's damn cool!

OK, Rage, you want money for teaching me stuff now?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
You don;t need some guy calling himself the name of a lich to learn that DK are the one and only opening hero!

All i had to do was play about 40 games with the DL and 25 with the lich to start using the DK!

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I still think DK would make a feasible hero though. Aura isn't too bad compared to coil, and the temptation of early Infernal is good.

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: Strongest

Originally posted by IHATEMRJONS
I always go the strongest and that is the DreadLord. He is strong and has the best 1v1 6.
how can you say that? i fear death and decay much more than i fear an infernal as an orc player.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
DL, despite his melee attack, isn't a melee hero. He's more than likely the weakest, even if he has arguably the game's best melee support spell (Vampiric Aura). Neither of UD's melee heroes are all that great in melee combat, though the DK can hold his own when he has Vamp and Unholy Frenzy. Really, the main damage dealer when it comes to basic combat is probably the Lich... which IS kinda sad.

Anyways, I have strayed from my point. The DL is described as a CUNNING hero, and is adept at manipulating the battle from afar. Which he does. Even take a look at Carrion. Carrion Swarm SPREADS as it gets farther from the DL. He was meant to use that spell from range. True, keeping him out of combat can cause you to lose a crutch in combat, since any hero in the game hits harder than most of the game's units, but it's just that you have to really keep an eye on the guy. Otherwise, he vanishes into a pile of bats in a hurry.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It does become a serious problem for the DL to do that. Despite all the things it just had to be a melee hero. It wouldn't have done that well as ranged either, since you said it, Rage, it spreads, but it doesn't have the largest range in the world. To get Infernal to do as much havoc, you'll need it in close. So being ranged..... sucky.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I've been playing with the Death Knight as my first for about 2 months now. My reasons are just like Rage's, he's strong, he can heal other units, has a great Aura, is fast, and his Ultimate, although not my fav of the Undead Heros, is not bad, and can turn the tide of a tuff battle. Hat's off to you Rage, I salute you once again!

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You seem to enjoy colours like I do in sigs, Chibi.

Still, being using DK for the last few months after receiving a lecture from you-know-who made me realise that yeah, I've been kinda wrong. Though I stand by early Infenal at all costs.

Biske

Reaction score
Oh heck yeah! Infernal in my book is one of the coolest Ultimates, and probably the best all round for the Undead. I used to do that, but then I got bored with it, and now I just like the Death Knight mainly for his Coil and Aura.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It's one of my favourite Ultimates. 50 Stunning damage and instant whacking up by it. You rarely can dodge it as well. Nova + Infernal hurts enemies bad, and throwing a Coil at a trapped hero is OUCH.

I also noticed the DK does have a huge head over the Pally, no matter what people say of it. The DK is only weaker than the Pally slightly in Agility, but makes up for it with his aura.

Biske

Reaction score
I was playing a team game with a Human player, and we both went to attack, I had the DK and he had a Pally, we were both level 6 and we had almost the exactly same stats! The DK truly is an anti paladin! Now only if the Palladin had a sword and rode a horse.....

Status
Not open for further replies.