The Ultimate Sin

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
There was a thread called "Ultimate Evil/Satan'' or somthing. That got be thinking. God forgives anybody unless you comite the ultimate sin. [This is what i belive anyway]. The ultimate sin would have to be to not kill another, but kill yourself. Suicide, your killing somthing that god made for you. Yourself, homicide on the other hand. Is almost the same, but they wern't made for you, nor anyone else but there self.

Post Your Ideas Of What You Think Ultim:lucifer te Sin is.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Originally posted by Lamma_monk
For the record I am not kidding.
Don't double post. And try to be a lil bit more intelligent next time.

Steven22

Member!
Reaction score
Wasn't the ultimate sin getting fruit from the sacred tree? I'm sorry I'm a catholic so naturally I don't know my Bible, heh heh. But seriously I think the ultimate sin was the reason Adam and Eve got kicked out of paradise; I don't think its suicide.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
There is a
you know but i dont mean sin as of 2003 years ago, i mean the presant

Reti

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Betrayal!

You could be right. Maybe suicide is the ultimate sin. Suicide is certainly a betrayal of yourself and the precious gift of life you've received. You don't just let yourself down when you suicide; you usually leave behind a number of grief-stricken people who must get on with their lives in the emotional void that follows such a devestating act.

But for all that, you can't accuse anyone of taking such an horrendous decision frivously. But of course, they'll never be around again to account for their actions. And suicide notes raise more questions than they provide answers.

Thanks for raising the issue.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Murder isn't the ultimate sin since it serves a purpose half the time to get rid of someone you hate.

Suicide solves nothing. Just embracing life is great.

Reti

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
True, it solves nothing and leaves guilt with those left behind. How do you feel about voluntary euthanasia where there is extreme pain and suffering?

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
um well the bible says the ultimate sin is none of these things and definately not suicide. well depends what u mean by ultimate really.. ultimate as in the worst or the unpardonable?.. suicide is murder and God forgives murder. though this is debateable because i think u have to confess ur sins and ask for forgiveness, and someone who kills themselves can't do this. yeh anyways....yet God knows each person's hearts and judges them only according to what they know.

Matthew 12:31-32 For i say to you every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks agains the Jesus it will be forgiven him, but whoever speaks against the holy spirit it will not be forgiven him. either in this age or the age to come.

so i think the ulitmate sin in God's eyes is this.

Reti

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Jaden,

I suppose in the biblical sense that is right. But looking from a purely secular point of view, what do you believe is the worst sin you can commit? Leaving aside how God will look upon it. Or, do you believe that no sin can be considered outside God's word?

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well it depends what ur definition of sin is. CS Lewis wrote in one of his books that intrinsically within all of us is a Moral Code.. a code also conditioned by society.. There is a certain standard. u hear it all the time.. people saying "hey give it back its mine" or "hey can i have some i gave u some" or "leave it alone it isn't hurting u" all of these statements are appealing to some deep standard of humanity that all of us recognise.. very rarely do u hear someone say "to hell with your standard" People always try to justify themselves by the standard. giving reasons excusing themselves.. i believe that this standard is something within all of us that was given by God, and undeniably enforced by our society... and so Sin to me is something that offends God. If there was no God and no standard.. no moral code no defined wsrong or right there could be no sin...whether u choose to believe in God or not u can't deny that there is this moral standard we all feel obligated to conform to. where does this come from if there is no god?

Reti

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Good answer! So you think God civilised us rather than us arriving at a 'civilised' state through our own reasoning and inherent need for morality? Without God, would we be unable to sustain a civilised existence? Do we not have the capacity to determine right from wrong and translate that into a set of laws and standards?

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think God gave us a desire to search for truth. and i believe that he is the truth. he gave us a set of laws.. if u look at our society speaking of western society in general, most of our laws are based on the ten commandments.. and the ones that aren't laws such as adultery, honouring ur parents etc create alot of problems.. like one in two marriages ending in divorce. like youth suicide, broken homes, rebellion and irresponsiblility among younger generations..

i don't think there would be civilised existence without god.. not meaning to get racist at all... BUT... if u look at the countries based in Christianity they are alot more advanced, and alot more just, fair, and better off than those founded in islamic, hindu, or pagan belief systems. i think we in ourselves do have the capacity to determine right from wrong.... becaue God has created it within us. this is one of the main points that turns me off evolution.... i don't believe u could evolve or have by chance the same standards and morals we have. there would be no right or wrong. because who would set the standard?

Shizo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I somewhat agree with sublime, the ultimate sin is being controlled and brainwashed by the people that tell you to OBEY ME OR GO TO HELL, screw that and screw the idea of religion, its all a way of controlling people, like i said in a previous thread.

a1steaksauce

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if u are all into god and the bible the ultimate sin would be leasving it satanism(no offence to ne one)then not accepting gods forgiveness

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Shizo and Sublime what is your problem with religion? people will always search for something bigger than themselves because we can not possibly completely fulfilled within ourselves. religion as u percieve it may be legalistic and oppressing. but having a relationship with God, and searching for meaning in your life is nothing but liberating. im not controlled by any person at all. and i am not loving someone who says "love me or go to hell" and u didn't answer my question. Sublime u said that the ultimate sin is religion. what is it a sin against?!

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i dont have a problem with most religions.... even if religions are all fake and made up to control, most religions push people to do the right thing dont they? now war over religion is a problem. you a very controlled person if you would fight someone on the basis of religion. weather god is real or not, he pushes people to do te right thing. as long as nothing bad comes of religion i dont have a problem with it.