The Ultimate Sin

Iliaran

Member!
Reaction score
I believe that the 'ultimate sin' is different for different people. If someone truly believes that say...eating tissue paper is the ultimate sin, then it 'is' the ultimate sin for that person. I believe this is so because in most religions, one's intent is what matters most, not one's actions.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
The ultimate sin in my eyes, is not being yourself. If you follow every suggestion and run from every barracade, do the things others want you to do, and feel incomplete about it, yet ignore your true feelings... you have betrayed yourself. You have become useless and un-special. You have one life, and if you do everything based on what others tell you, despite of your true feeling and emotions, there's no need for you. You have become a carbon copy. I'm not saying to go out of your way to be different, hello no...that isn't yourself, but don't be controlled by society's ways. (no I'm not talking about god or the bible) I don't care what the bible says, this is my damn definition =p.

Basically, living a pointless life, is an ultimate sin.

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
okay well my grandparents made me go to church once with them, i got in an argument with the "sunday school" or whever teacher cuz he was trying to force the bible in me..
but ne wayz. they said the ultament sin is something like... what judas did.. he knew jesus and went ageinst him.. or something i duno.. i didnt pay attention that well..
i duno they were tlaking about the.. like 40 hells or something *shrug*

BH_Naft

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yah, according to the bible and all, the ultimate sin would be somehting like looking and talking to god himself, and knowing he was god and everything, and then proclaiming that there was no god....if i was god, and someone did that, i would sure send them to hell....

but since none of us will probably ever be in that situation, there is no ultimate sin for us.....

but the ultimate sin that we can do....would have to be suicide....killing another person can be partially justified by various reasons (or completely, in self defense, etc.). but to kill yourself......

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
how does that work!?!?!?!?! i think it is worse to kill someone else. way worse because u take away their choice.

pyro_junky

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well i dont belive in god and devil hell and heaven and things like that but heres what i think the Ultimate Sin is.... killing yourself so that someone elts dies... like the people who used those planes to crash into the buildings on sep 11... they killed thereselfs and comited mass murder...

Raven

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
when god ive you life, he gives it to you. it si yours to do what u wnat with it. if he punishes you because u dont wnat it anymore then hes a bit childish.

yogibear990

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The ultimate sin as Jaden said (in a religious aspect) is a sin against the Holy Spirit, which is constantly quashing that little voice inside, telling you not to do something, and then go ahead and do it, over and over again. This is what I believe is the ultimate sin, as that involves everything. It's going against your conscience, no matter what it is. It also says in Mathew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven:

atsoulmate

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Jaden
Sublime u said that the ultimate sin is religion. what is it a sin against?!
If I could interject here, how many deaths, how much suffering and how many wars are due or are waged in the name religion?

Think about it.....

Think about the Protestants and Catholics in Ireland, think about the Palestinians and Israelies to name a few...

Shizo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
answers to your questions:

there have been over 2 billion deaths caused immediately by war, and about 4 billion deaths between war, and diseases from war.

Lots of suffering has been caused by war

Every single one of the Major wars were basically based on religion. World war 1, World war 2, middle eastern conflict, every single one of those, other wars, however, were caused by differences in opinions/thoughts.

LordSlippy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok i dont mean to offend anyone...but i dont believe in ANY religion.....but i do believe in a life after death...and i do believe there r consiquences after you die.....and i think the ultime sin would be not praying ..cause arent u suppose to thank "god" for what he has givin you, and if you dont it shows you dont respect him and you dont care what he has done for you....

thats what i wud think..but then again im not religious in the slightest bit...so...iono.......VERY good question tho

LordSlippy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
shizo i dont think ww3 was a difference of opinion or religion..it was because japan had a big problem with america...i 4get why..so ima take a shot in the dark and say cause we werent "supporting" them or we wudnt "share" our weath/food.....LIKE I SAID I DONT KNOW THE EXACT REASON....but i also agree...lots of wars were started by religion.............

atsoulmate

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The ULTIMATE SIN is betrayal!

A close second would be stupidity!

Both totally unforgiveable IMHO.

(Hope you weren't looking for a religion-based answer.....)

Tupeq

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wciii.com
Okay I'd like to shed some light on this topic. but before I forget I'd like to say one thing. Jesus says in the bible (I'm not exactly what you would call a bible pusher, but interested in philosiphy) that "God would rather people be cold, rather than luke warm, if not hot: for he will spit out all the luke warm water." LordSlippy this is mainly directed towards you, in the sense that reading what you said made me think of this, but it's also directed towards everyone else who reads this. What this means is that god wants us to be good christians (the hot water), which I think Jaden is the only person here on this thread that is, and I'm close. The luke warm water would be what we call the hypocritical christians, or the people like lordslippy even (it's the first time i've ever heard something like what LS said though...). Hypocritical christians being people who claim they're christians, but they're really not, it's kinda hard to understand what a real christian is without going to a bible group or christian camp. Or praying to god but claiming he's not real...i don't know what that's really about though. But nonetheless the luke warm water means nothing to God.
(and BTW adam and eve wasn't 2003 years ago...more like a million or so years ago...however long mandkind existed...jesus was born 2003 years ago....)

That said:
When you posted "Ultimate _Sin_" you're obviously reffering to Judaism, Christianity, or Islam. I'm going to refer to christianity for the most part. Now when you read this don't give me that "But i'm looking for ...." or "I meant something like..." BS like you've been giving everyone else. When you ask this question the answer is obviously in the bible, and you're reffering to the holy book(s) of the three religions (Judaism: what christians consider to be the Old Covenant; Christianity: Old Covenant[Testiment] + New Covenant[Testiment] [BIBLE]; Islam: Old C + New C + Quaran), which the answer is the same in each. So since I'm giving you the answer from the books, and you deny it then you're probably asking the wrong question.
Like someone said, the "Ultimate Sin" was when adam and eve ate fruit from the _Tree of Knoledge of Good and Evil_. Now lemme tell you one reason why that's worse than suicide. Animals can't sin (as well as people who can't tell good from bad, right from wrong...mentally ill), for they don't know good from evil. Nor did Adam and Eve before they ate from the tree of knoledge, whatever they did was okay because they didn't know any better. this was true except for the fact that they knew ONE thing they weren't supposed to do: eat fruit from the tree of knoledge of good and evil. (The reason why they were kicked out isnot only because they disobeyed God but if they would eat from the Tree of Immortality, they would be Godlike). Thus, the only reason why humans are sinners is because we know good from evil, and we knowingly commit sin. This is considered the ultimate sin, because every single sin that every single person commits to this day, can be blamed by the sin Adam and Eve commited.

Now you're looking for a modern ultimate sin you say? The holy books of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all say the same thing. Every sin that man commits weighs the same in God's eyes. Anything from a simple lie to murder. Where's the logic? Because we are born sinners (Adam and Eve), and Satin makes us sin, so most of the blame is on Adam, Eve, and Satin, as well as Jesus dying on the cross for our sins (I don't fully understand that...I think it's that God sent down his son Jesus to make the new covenant with his people, and to die for his people showing how much God loves his people-that he would kill his only son for us). For Christians, once you accept what Christians call "accepting jesus into your heart" or accepting the fact that jesus died for us and our sins and love him for it, all you have to do is ask for forgiveness every once in a while. For Jews and Muslims I think all you have to do is ask for forgiveness, someone might want to clear that up.
As for suicide being a sin: Suicide is when people kill themselves because people feel as if a part of their heart is missing, the bible teaches that people'll try to fill that heart with many earthly things, but the only one that counts and the only one that lasts is the love of Jesus. A good christian won't have that whole in their hearts, and only good christians get into heaven. So the only people who might commit suicide would be "not-good christians" who won't get into heaven anyways. That said, there are, as I understand it but havn't read any scriptures to verrify it, something like 7 circles of hell, when people don't go to heaven they go to hell, where God doesn't have to bother with those people. God weighs sins equally, Satin isn't nessessarly the same, hence the deeper circles.

P.S. If any of you out there are considering killing one's self and doesn't want to become a good christian, look into buddhism. I won't get into it but i'll list Buddhism's four noble truths:
1) Life is full suffering
2) Suffering is caused by desire
3) To end suffering one needs to end desire
4) To end desire one needs to follow the eight fold path.
I'll stop there lol
Well I hope I've enlightened a few of you, and I want to thank you for reading this far 'cause even though I don't post here often I did just spend 30 mins. of my time posting this.

-Tupeq

LordSlippy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"1) Life is full suffering
2) Suffering is caused by desire
3) To end suffering one needs to end desire
4) To end desire one needs to follow the eight fold path.
"

i hope you dont think u made that up...lol...altho its true,...hehe i read it in a book before

Tupeq

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wciii.com
lol i said in my post "Buddhism's four noble truths" I didn't create Buddhism, a man named Sidartha Guatama did, achieved ultimate enlightenment, nirvana, while under a buddi tree (he discovered the four noble truths and figured out a way to end disire with something he called the eight fold path)