The Ultimate Sin

shutupandgoaway

Member!
Reaction score
all sins equal

According to the Bible,there is no ultimate sin.In Romans,i think,Paul says that all sins are equal.Whether its cheating on ur wife,or shoplifting,or blowing up 2000 ppl,there all the same to God.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by raDixGhost
killing ur self is a sin? i would have to oppose that. its even weird that so many people think its a sin but alot of people do. I mean why would it be a sin, if god truely did make every human being then why did he make him/her so sad to begin with? why is it that he was driven to kill himself and god wasnt able to help. I mean homocide is different but saying u cant end ur life and u have to live threw the hell of everyday is worst than anything in the world. Life is tough and it sometimes need to end.
Even the wise cannot see all ends. To end your own life really isn't your decision. Even though you have free will, it isn't your choice to make. No one has the right to take the life of another (or themselves for that matter). Life is a gift. And besides, going to hell for all eternity isn't better than earth. I am a christian. And like most people here said, all sins are equal in gods eyes and the only way to heaven is Jesus Christ.

I believe everything happens for a reason. A person that is driven to suicide, might get saved. In the Aftermath, this will make them a stronger person (and scare the sh*t out of them in the process). And if a person dies, it is because they were meant to die.....it means that it was their time to go. You only have a finite lifetime to work with here. Make use of it, don't waste it.

Fuddy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Raven
how does eating fruit equal sex......i should eat more fruit.

Are you really that shallow? As i said the Bible is not to be taken literally, and for you to say that them eating the fruit was a sin Radium makes you dumber than i thought you where. and about "all the times they had sex before that" when exactly where they. It is okay in the Bible to have sex for the reason of reproduction, but NOT FOR LUST. I forget which passage it is, but in the Bible somewhere these two people are having sex and the guy "withdraws" before..... you know. And got smote him :/

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
The ultimate sin? All sins are equally bad whether you murder someone or steal a nickel. It's just those things are harder to take into reality for humans so we give greater punishments for what seems like greater losses.

[GLOW=BLUE]- The_Matrix_Reloaded[/GLOW]

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Well, I went back and looked at Tupeq's little speech, and I must say, it sounded pretty good to me.

But as for the whole "Jesus dying to wash away our sins" thing. Back before Jesus, ppl would kill an animal and bathe in it's blood, and the blood was said to "wash away" the sins of that person, basicly giving them to the animal. Well, when Jesus died, he basicly provided everyone a fountain of blood, and any that accept them into their hearts and trust him, are wahed in Jesus's blood, metaphorically speaking of course. I believe thats also the concept behind baptism.

atsoulmate

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by The_Matrix_Reloaded
The ultimate sin? All sins are equally bad whether you murder someone or steal a nickel. It's just those things are harder to take into reality for humans so we give greater punishments for what seems like greater losses.

[GLOW=BLUE]- The_Matrix_Reloaded[/GLOW]
Aw COMON! How do u equate a nickel with a human life?

Besides what other reality are we speaking about if not the one for humans - we can't speak for any OTHER life form.....

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
this is why i dont go to church. i believe what i believe and i dont think a ****ing nickel is equal to a human life. you guys are making no sense. do you think god loves a nickel? do you think god will punish someone who has no choice to steal a loaf of bread to survive? thats bullshit.i dont think god cares about stealing if its neded. and i think hed put a person before a persons possessions.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by amrtin77
this is why i dont go to church. i believe what i believe and i dont think a ****ing nickel is equal to a human life. you guys are making no sense. do you think god loves a nickel? do you think god will punish someone who has no choice to steal a loaf of bread to survive? thats bullshit.i dont think god cares about stealing if its neded. and i think hed put a person before a persons possessions.
You go to heaven if you believe in Jesus Christ. God knows we are all sinners and to truly get to heaven by trying to pray all the time would be impossible. Even if you sin but you repent and don't do it willingly again, no harm done. Jesus Christ is the true ticket to heaven not anything else (according to Christianity). As long as you don't view yourself as invincible because you believe in him (sinning on purpose thinking you will go to heaven), then home free. God sees all sins as sins and doesn't matter what it is. But like I said above it is impossible to be pure (no sins).

Raven

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i thought he was meant to be forgiving and stuff. ok lets just say we have a soul. we are good people we go to "heaven", we ok people we go to "purgatory", were bad people we go to "hell".

Now, does it matter what i belive. example: god comes down in all his splendor and glory and says unto to Tommy: "Hmm tommy, youve been really good in your life, healed the sick, gave to charity, very nice to everyone, followed all my commandments....but oh oh! your an atheist! sorry tommy, until you belive in me your going to have to stay in purgatory!"

now i dont think that is very nice.

in reply to fuddy, you never actually answered my question, i didnt understand the fruit/sex metaphor. sorry.

ok, ultimate sin for me is rape. im sorry but whenever someones speaks of rape i musclse clench and i dont know i go all weird and angry. and i just want to kill that person. i hate rape. its such a violation, i would rather dies than have to even watch a rape.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Believe it or not I think that being human is..
Think about this..
What do humans do?
Being The slightest bit overweight(Glutony)
Murder
Tatoos(Not allowed to mark ur body)
Suicide
Non Hetrosexual
Among Plenty of other sins we almost all do..
IMHO..

Raven

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok so your saying that being human is the ultimate sin because we sin? that just doesnt make any sense. is it our sins that makes us the ultimate sin or the fact we are just human? that also really screws up on god for making us.

Miss

Member!
Reaction score
I do not belive in god but the Ultimate sin was mankind we should not have been born if we werent then we can say there would be bad or anything evil.... at the cost of our lives. It will always remain that way too. As long as their is good there will be bad.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Like i said being human is the ultimate sin for the sole reason that we comit ALOT of sins..all humans sin. even if your an extremist christan/whatnot..
have u ever seen fat church goers? I HAVE ;)

Unknown_Being

Member!
Reaction score
The Ultimate sin... suicide? HAH
It is in a way, but by the definition of God, it wouldn't matter anyway. "God", by definition is all powerful. Think of it this way:
Bill Gates gives you a $1 toy. You brake it. Who gives a f*ck?! It's yours, he gave it to you, and it was no(or little) expense to him. I don't believe in this Ultimate Sin and All- Forgiving-God crap.

ZombieOnAcid

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Sin, in itself, has a religious implication and conotation, so Im just going to have to go against the grain here and offer up my best scientific opinion.
In interpreting and/or conceiving the ultimate sin, one must first address the word ultimate. When I think of "ultimate" , I think of terms like grand scale, volume, abomination, armageddon, mass extermination......to name a few. Hence, I would have to say that mass genocide to the most extreme degree of eradicating all of mankind would be one version of an "ultimate sin".
An example of this could possibly entail concocting an elaborate plot to devise not only a deadly biological element with which to eradicate a species, but also a means to successfully distribute said element. As to the realistic possibility of this ever occurring,..well..isn't the whole point of this to both exercise your opinion , as well as your creative intellect? I think so.
Conversely, one could interpret this scenario as anything but a sin, in the interest of the biological preservation of the planet. Again, this delves into religion and scripture, so a true answer to this query would require some sort of biblical reference. Anyway, slaughtering everything on the planet with an opposable thumb has my vote, with suicide a close second place.

Neanderthal x2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well, several times the bible mentions that God hates all sins and that all of them are equal. basically killing someone is no different from stealing a quarter from someone. i dont think there is any ultimate sin because all sins are ultimate.

ZombieOnAcid

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Neanderthal x2
well, several times the bible mentions that God hates all sins and that all of them are equal. basically killing someone is no different from stealing a quarter from someone. i dont think there is any ultimate sin because all sins are ultimate.
So youre saying that looking at a girl's ass for 2 seconds and having a lewd thought is equally bad in the eyes of God as ....oh...let's say.. Hitler's mass genocidal campaign?
Interesting...
Again, it goes right back to religion.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
suicide because u can ask for your sins to be forgiven but suicide is the unforgivable sin u cant ask for forgivness from god when ur dead

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Like someone said here, being human already puts us like 300 in the hole. We naturally sin, and there is nothing we can do about it. Even if we ask for forgiveness, it means nothing. We could do anything in the world but you would never ever be free of sins.

Mass genocide, I suppose would be a big sin. It is insane counts of murder. However, if you believe in Jesus and repent....even a sin like that is wiped away. The only real Ultimate Sin, I believe is suicide:

One, my faith dictates that it is. Think about it for a second. You can't even pray before you die, if you kill yourself. It is a selfish and selfless act. It is like recieving a gift and throwing it in the givers face. Not a very nice way to show your thanks.

Two, killing yourself is just wrong. Life is a precious gift given to all of us. Most people don't understand that even life is a gift. Even though you have free will, it isn't your choice to make. No one has the right to take the life of another (or themselves for that matter). You only have a short time to live, why end it early?