The Ultimate Sin

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
holy crap you are the most christian christian i have ever... heard.. type.. or something.. ne wayz..
k just asked another very christian i know
she said
the ultamet sin is haveing complet knolwage of gad and turning around and dennying it

btw.. im not christian soo... yha... just so you dont.. leacture me about choosing the wrong path or something...

Tupeq

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wciii.com
lol i told you i'm not a bible pusher, i studied religions, that's why i used judaism and islam in my lil lecture as well as christianity. heck i even included some buddhism. heck i don't even go to church

Edit: BTW the bible calls Adam & Eve's sin "The Ultimate Sin" or "Sin of Mankind" and "The Fall of Man"

EDIT: Come to think of it Scriptures say that anyone who has the power of the holy spirit (saved) and _completly_ believes in god can perform the same mericles that Jesus Christ himself performed. The reason why we don't seem to be able to do these things is because we don't have full unconditional faith in GOD the same way jesus did. if we tried to walk on water, even the slightest doubt that we have disables us to do so, since we havn't met god in person. So far the only person to _be able_ to even commit you're 'ultimate sin' would be Jesus Christ.

mikerpiker

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"The ultimate sin is being French."
"Combating liberals and Canadians!"

The ulimate sin is the stupid propaganda that has obvoiusly effected your head.

Raven

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
everything is subjective, harsh and cold. so then the ultimate sin will differ depending on the person, and if it were according to god? well, we'll just have to wait and ask him ourselves, however by then it might be to late.

FallenFootman

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.warcraftmaps.com
whats worse than the ultimate sin is commiting suicide while about to win 5 mil dollars for your family, or while you getting married. That messes up others lives too thats why.

Tupeq

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wciii.com
Raven read what I said, besides the fact that he spoke to us through prophets, the term "sin" isn't just used as a name for "a bad thing" but it's commiting evil in God's mind, nothing different.

And I also understand that this is the Arcane Sanctuary and everyone's supposed to have their own opinions, but why do you guys have opinions reffering to something (sin, which is judaism, christianism, and islam) that also differes from the scriptures of that religion.
The decition of the Ultimate Sin is not in moral hands, hence "SIN"

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
It is said that there are 9 circles of hell. And that in the ninth circle, the center, there is a beat with 3 heads. And in the middle head, there lies Judas, being eaten alive for all eternity. And Judas, was what...the Betrayer. So by that logic, betrayl is the worst sin.

Raven

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
that is such flawed reasoning. but in reply to Tupeq, does the bible say what the ultimate sin is? if not it will be a matter of opinion.

Tupeq

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wciii.com
yeah, it says that when adam and eve eat from the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil was the ultimate sin. This is because had Adam and Eve not eaten from the tree, we wouldn't know good from evil and wouldn't be able to sin

BTW I thought I might add, in Islam, the ultimate sin is not being Muslim...i think (this is according to the Quaran, the addition to the old and new testiments in the Islam religion). Which is kinda strange because in the New Testiment (which is also a holy book in Islam) says that all sins are weighed evenly in God's eyes.

raDixGhost

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.gamers2k4.com
killing ur self is a sin? i would have to oppose that. its even weird that so many people think its a sin but alot of people do. I mean why would it be a sin, if god truely did make every human being then why did he make him/her so sad to begin with? why is it that he was driven to kill himself and god wasnt able to help. I mean homocide is different but saying u cant end ur life and u have to live threw the hell of everyday is worst than anything in the world. Life is tough and it sometimes need to end.

Raven

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
so tupeq, betraying god is the ultimate sin? if so would that inculde all the teachings in the bible cause basicaly thats every single sin there is. wow, thats alot of ulitmate sins.

Fuddy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes Tupeq Raven is right. Every sin is a direct disobediance of God, varying from his teachings. And to answer your question Ghost, God did not create people sad and depressed. He gave people free will because he felt it was wrong to control people, and people's actions make eachother sad and depressed.

Fuddy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Names in the old testament mean nothing. They are just there to symbolize early man and put a face to them. The story of Adam and Eve is just a symbol of early humans turning to sin.

raDixGhost

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.gamers2k4.com
the whole thing about "God" is so vague. I mean it proves nothing. God can be some or cant be but as long as i have been on earth it has never helped nor hurted humanity or any other organisms. Every thing happens by chance. I know there are people out there who will say "ohh just because you cant see it you deny it" and thats not true in my case its just that there has not been any case where there has been extranatural things that happened. It can all be explained by science and many things that has happend and not gone explained well i guess there are human errors or maybe its just that ill prolly go to hell now:eek:

Raven

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Tupeq
yeah, it says that when adam and eve eat from the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil was the ultimate sin. This is because had Adam and Eve not eaten from the tree, we wouldn't know good from evil and wouldn't be able to sin
i read this as adam and eve betraying gods word as the ultimate sin that or eating fruit.

Fuddy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think that the "eating the fruit" was a metaphor for having sex for just pleasure. That is why they where embarraced about thier naked bodies, and why the human race lusts now.

Radium

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What the heck are you talking about? They ate the fruit of the tree of good and evil, are you saying that the rest of the times that they had sex, they were doing it justfully? If you read from the bible, it says that they (Adam and Eve) eat from the TREE of good and evil.

The bible says that when they opened their eyes, they saw that they were naked. What the serpent had said was true, it had opened their eyes, and they saw themselves as they were for the first time.

What you just said was an insult to my religion. Try and read the Bible before you quote passages from it.