The life of a marine.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
It's got to be hell. Come on. Lowest ranked soldier in the Terran Army besides the SCV. They have to probably go through one hell of a bootcamp to become as cocky and brave as they are when you pit them against Zealots and Zerglings. Imagine being in that big suit, having stim-packs injected into your bloodstream when the going gets tough. Hiding in the bunkers, they shoot whatever comes close to their base, whether it be a couple of zerglings or a gargantuan Ultralisk cleaving the durability of the bunker away, they'll still fire. On the positive side, they may be able to sneak a few sponge baths from the local medics every now and then. Yep, that's the military life. :)

What do ou think of a marines life in your opinion? Bad, or good, or crazy?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Marines are former criminals, who were injected with something to make them fight for the system, rather than fight against it. So, they're violent by nature.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Read the books that comes with Starcraft Battle Chest.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Wow, really? That's nuts! That could explain the attitude they have, indeed it can. I'll need to locate the books, I thnk they're somewhere in my other room and I haven't touched them in quite awhile. Thanks for the imput guys. ^^

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
TrongaMonga said:
Marines are former criminals, who were injected with something to make them fight for the system, rather than fight against it. So, they're violent by nature.
It's been generations and decades since the first people arrived on those planets. I don't think they are all bad, otherwise they would not have a civ. going that smoothly and as large as it is.

I don't think you'd have to be too brave to fight toss and zerg.
Toss, they'd rather NOT fight humans. I mean, Tassadar spared their lives. Toss were only after zerg.
2nd, zerg. they are known, and unknown. They know what the are, how they act. Its more scary not knowing what you are fighting then what you know.

Zerglite

Reaction score
marines might be the lowest ranked unit... but damn do they kick ass

ecpecially the M&M combo!

Zerglite

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
You can't openly say you'd not be scared of a 8 foothydralisk that just happens to be at your door one morning if you knew what it looked like. :p
first off.. the marines knew they were in war

its not like the zerg suddenly went to their houses like lil kids on halloween

exept for the first 1-2 planets taken by the zerg, maybe

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I know that. I'm saying if you were a marine and you knew you were fighting something that could kill you within seconds, that you wouldn't be scared? I know I would, but I would be stupid and probably laugh before it shoots a couple hundred spines through my suit. :D

Zerglite

Reaction score
i would want a medic nearby... then i wud totaly POON that hydra

DarkGhost368

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.xboxarena.cjb.net
well think about it if it was real time based.. You dont magicaly get healed.. A medic actually has to patch you up.. Not just Use there glowy hand thing. So it wouldn't really make you any better in combat.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
DarkGhost368 said:
well think about it if it was real time based.. You dont magicaly get healed.. A medic actually has to patch you up.. Not just Use there glowy hand thing. So it wouldn't really make you any better in combat.
That's very much true. Also, Marines would run out of bullets! They don't have an endless supply like the game makes out to be.

Zerglite

Reaction score
MrBret said:
That's very much true. Also, Marines would run out of bullets! They don't have an endless supply like the game makes out to be.
then goons would run out of energy.. and hydras would run out of w/e it is they spit.

not to mention that all toss would be useless once the batteries died on their weps :)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
That means Archons would be the sole-benefactor of protoss psi energy. Would they run out of energy if it comprises hem for the most part? I would hate to be something like, say, a battlecrusier. Imagine running out of feul while flying over a city. :p

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Diatenshi said:
then goons would run out of energy.. and hydras would run out of w/e it is they spit.

not to mention that all toss would be useless once the batteries died on their weps :)

protoss energy always regenerates itself. but yes, it overly used it could not generated as fast.
I would think the hydras would have it the worst! W/e they do spit can only be (I'm sure) secreted only so fast. Thus, they have melee as well. I think that's a glitch in the game. I believe they should be melee! I mean! Look @ those claws and teeth! Why would the evolutionary trail give them claws if they "spit"?

Do they use batteries? Or do they use energy regeneration packets? I mean, their shields regenerate over time, do they not? So why could not their weapons?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Renzokuken said:
I doubt BCs run on fuel, they *are* in the future.

The life of a Marine? 9 seconds, GG.
Omegghgosh pwned!11

No. Hydralisks stay as my ranged unit that is really versatile. You wan't claws? Go fight a horde of zerglings. :D

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Omegghgosh pwned!11

No. Hydralisks stay as my ranged unit that is really versatile. You wan't claws? Go fight a horde of zerglings. :D
Well, elephants DO have tusks for female rights. lol. Maybe the hydras have "rights" as well. lol

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Blizzard did a bad job in showing the Hydralisks attack in CG sequences, we never saw them spit or open up their glands, they just looked menacing and that's about it...