The future of the human race?

Reaction score
Originally posted by LawrenceOfArabia

durring the early 20th century, how far into space could they see? did they have something like the hubble telescope and the such that have been constantly searching for a meteor big enough to destroy the earth? several thousand normal people search they sky daily. a whole 100 years makes a big diffrence. at the begining of the 20th century, there was no way to see it coming.
enough said

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
We can see it but if its big then what the hell can we do about it, movies are not an argument so dont even start.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
either way, meteorites falling into spain isnt really related to future of human race. Good thing that meteorite broke off. And Otmorosok, the result is, meteorite broke off. Can we imagine the damage it would make if it actually hit the grount with its full str? no we cant. Do we care? not i, cuz result is, it didnt happen. Past is past, present is present. and if people spain didnt see the big meteor... its their damn fault for not spotting it.

Reaction score
ok back to topic, if life is determined, then we are a slave to our future, and therefore never truely free

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thats not our future is determined thread, but it is logical that we go to the stars, inhabit new worlds and will live until this galaxy is smashed with another in a long time from now, if we dont invent something to move our galaxy out of other galaxie's path

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Oh yeah you right, Earth will blow up and Sun will become a black hole long before that.

Reaction score
na, earth will burn to hell due to the melting of the icecaps, either that or the earth will drift too far away and the world will freeze.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah you right, Earth will blow up and Sun will become a black hole long before that.
Sun doesnt become black hole until like 100 millions years later, and besides, i dun think earth will blow up, but become like mars. I bet the theories about Mars having water is right, but all resource is used up probly by races like us, humans. mayb

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Who cares we will probably already be destroyed by nuclear conflict by then. But lets drop the pisimistic thinking, we might leave Earth and spread through the Galaxi.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
But lets drop the pisimistic thinking, we might leave Earth and spread through the Galaxi.
From whats happening now Otmorosok... i dun think going through out Galaxi wont happen until like 200 years from now on =/ with our space shuttle, it will take litterally a human life span to get to pluto, (i think) and the galaxi is whole lot bigger than that...

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am prophesizing, anything can happen someone might invent a warp engine of some sort.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by LawrenceOfArabia
so orc, what your saying is, several billion years old and its only been hit once and that was at the beggining of the world. so are you saying it takes millions if not billions of years for a rock big enough to destory the earth/human race is going to just pop out of nowhere in the next 10 years without anyone seeing it?
sorry posted so late, your not exactly getting my point what do u mean by what im saying is several billion years old? and we've only been hit once? begginning of world? There coud of been more inhabitants of this world before the dinosaurs and theres been a program about the paticular metorea im talking about... we have spotted it, i watched the program a couple of years ago it said @ the time they guessed it would hit in about about 21 years or somot it'll hit the planet probaly around europe (it was a long time ago + they dont realy know date themselves and i have bad memory so maybe im wrong with the date)