The future of the human race?

Phrederick

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Only idiots think we're going to die out within the next 100 years. I think the human race will live a very long time, and go on to colonize many planets.

Flag

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Otmorosok
if no one will die then there will be no place for new generations and then humankind will be stripped of its ablilitu to stibilize it self and what vanilla said might actually come true
No. The things Nanotechnology would bring is more then just near immortality. Space exploration and expansion would be readily possible at relatively cheap costs. As well breeding rates would probably decline.

Some good free areas of information:

Engines of Creation: The Coming Era of Nanotechnology

Unbounding the Future: the Nanotechnology Revolution

Thistle

Senior Spammer
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
We may collonize other planets but what happen here on earth will happen again only on other planets. Wars pollution etc. imagine if we found new metals on plantes (we have already from comets and meteors) they could be light weight harder and even find new foods. Imagine finding living life forms, not bacteria or germs but actually beings such as ourselves. Imagine our children growing up with there best friend named Zak from Mars or something. I beleive eventually we will live with other life forms such as ourselves.

I_CANADIAN_I

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Otmorosok
are u stupid or u just trying to look that way? robots are programmed to do a job, they dont think, they cant think, most that can happen is that some geneous will program some robots to kill people, yet they will not think, they dont have an instinct of self preservation, and even if they will be able to do the things we humans do, it will not be accomplished by making them think, but wrighting a compicated program for them, the one that will tell them what to do in various situations, and again why would anyone do that?
It was a joke, some people are verry stupid.

But it is possible. You obsiously havn't watched termenator or you don't have a big imagination.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Have you guys all heard about the next ice age? I hope you realize that it can happen and probably will. The ice is melting pretty fast. I think the next ice age is definitly feasible. But I doubt it'll happen in our lifetime, unless we find some kind of technology to keep all the ice from melting.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It was a joke, some people are verry stupid.

But it is possible. You obsiously havn't watched termenator or you don't have a big imagination.
ORIGINALY POSTED BY i_CANADIAN_i

I have watched Terminator, all three movies and i still cant believe that Shwartz was chosen as a governor. But that is not my point, this is a serious descusion we having over here. And about my imagination i have 6 pages of material of Diablo 3 storyline and currently writing a book, not about diablo it is a fantasy world created by me, some people say it is actually good, i wrote first 7 pages.
Have you guys all heard about the next ice age? I hope you realize that it can happen and probably will. The ice is melting pretty fast. I think the next ice age is definitly feasible. But I doubt it'll happen in our lifetime, unless we find some kind of technology to keep all the ice from melting.
I know what you talking about, ice age is something that is going to happen actually before our time it happened very often, maybe once in a hundred years, there is a theorie that human kind only evolved because the period between ice ages has lengthened dramatically, that created an invironment there our race could live and prosper, but change in our inviromental stability is only a matter of time the ice age will come again, and it will leave again, but i think with the technology we have today we are already prepared for it so no worries about it wiping out human kind. On the other hand our kind will one day perish because first of all this planet's core will dry up in few billion years, second son will some day explode and third there is another galaxy that is moving towards ours and i dont see a way for as to avoid collision, i mean no matter how smart we may become it is not possible to move the whole galaxy from other galaxie's way

Naga

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by CelestialBadger
Where's your reasoning on a war over lack of water? I think the mere fact that 75% of the earth's surface is water could knock that prediction down.
%75 of earth' surface is water which is not for drinking. Also, how would it be transported to the inner regions of continents like Middle Asia?

The prediction still stands. :p

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah that is a good point there Naga, but the water in the sea can become drinkable if cleared of salt using a specific filter, so that should not be a problem and about transportation i think that those that want to srvive will just move to the area near the sea or any other body of water, yet i dont belive that anything bad will happen to humanity, and i dont believe Celestrial's prediction may ever come true

Naga

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Another reason for Water War. A powerful state will desire to posess "the new petrol"(It won't be America, it will have ceased or overrun by its enemies by that time). I, also anyone in such a situation, do not want anyone to come and share what I have.

Prediction still stands. Persisting.(Ãnevitable :) )

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Can't we easily sanitize water? Besides, how would a war start then? Everyone in the "inner regions of continents like Middle Asia" would just trek over to the ocean and start attacking the people who live on the coast? If the situation is really as desperate as you'd have me believe, they wouldn't even be able to get to the coast because they'd die of dehydration.

Naga

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No, if things happened that fast, I would say that you are right. But this artificial drought event will grow slowly, that is what makes it problem. Ãn this case, there will be someone who wants to hold the power, water, and to use it as a weapon. At least as an exchange material.

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Pastor richards will start a trust fund claiming the earth will be destroyed by a great meteor but those who contribute to my statue will be saved... "we have enough food to survive a preticted a 40000 years of nuclear winter. contribute now! if u dont u will be burn in hell but those who contribute to my statue will be saved!" BUT in reality the guy is just trying to get money that will then start a fight with his cronies and his "followers" and then the police will get involved, shoot a civilain and start a chain reaction of people boycotting authority and that will strike a global war and then Korea and china and Iraq will band together and make haste to the moon colonize it and set upmissle silos and fire holy hell at the earth then the zerg will run over the moon and all will be destroyed. Then the Terran will come by and colonize the earth and try to destroy the zerg then the protoss will get involved and all will be eventually peace ful between the protoss and terran then these spirits will inhabit the earth and destroy all human life but a few and the humans will live in golden domes. the source of the weird alien'like spirits will be located where a giant meteor crashed in Africa and then these two people destroy it while a huge cannon fired from space cant do a thing to it. then the earth will be corrupted and will change form. the time space thingy will start over and the humans that are formed all weild weapons made of wood and steel and ride galliant huge yellow birds and then a huge city will be created and suck up the earths energy source and then a meteor will hit and be stopped by a holy power and then instead of killing everything the entire earth is AGAIN reshaped and the kids will all go to Gardens to learn to do war with gunblades and nunchukus and rods and kill people weilding guns. then a sorceress will mess up time and go back a couple of thousand years and then a guy will make clones who have monkey tails and then the earth will go on for a couple of years and then a game that is like a underwater football is created then a huge monster destryoys many cities and then people weilding swords rods and balls kills a hug monster while the people with huge guns and missles cant touch it. Then another meteor will be born again and hit the earth and then the earth is again wiped out. then these people will eventually evolve from apes and every one on earth will think clubbing people on the head is considered fun...

:D

i was very bored...
makes u think, huh?
my sources come from gtavice city, starcraft final fatasy 7,8,9,and 10 and then a dumb idea in my head.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
oh..sorry...ok if u want me to be serious then i beleive we WILL someday colonize a planet after our current 'earth' is pollutued and piled to the brim with filth trash and over population. i also beleive there will be many wars to try to clear out ''unwanted people who inhabit too much of our earth'' and the fight will be a struggle for more land for that ONE religion or culture. there will be eventually bigger guns and flying vehicles that are available to the public and better weapons WILL be built. many superpowers and terrorists will have hold of these weapons and will fight each other for those weapons and use them to take over land. in ex USA is fighting Iraq (just two i picked) for land. the US will send in itsmilitary to counter their military and then will kill ALL of the Iraqui civillians and will then gain control of their weapons and use them to do the same thing to other countries. even if we do inhabit other planets or the moon or whatever, the same thing will happen as more people are born into the world-
if more advanced weapons ARE created many lives will be lost because many others will want to rid of the ''waste'' that inhabits the planet. ANother Hitler or somin ewill come along again-there probably will to with this new cloning technology comin. HUGE armies might be created bu using cloning.

personally this is what i belaive-NO JOKE

another thing to add to earlier posted discussions-powersmight eventually try to start war to try to gain resources for their particular culture. we always talk about aliens from other planets coming to take our rescources when we will eventually do that to ourselves.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
oil will run out... you wont see snow much more.... they will major major floods in places like india great britain and other places exposed to sea. we might go back to the old days where u had a garden full of vegitables and thats what u had to live off.. put i doubt it.. some power hungry dick will spark off some wars.. the poor will get poor the rich will get richer... they might atualy REALY put a man on the moon.. obviously they will be a massive leap for the space age..once the figure how to harness the power of 0 point energy created by nucleas's of atoms.... the days of flight will be revoloutionised .. there will be no need for pilots.. and flights will be minutes instead of hours with that new engine there working on right now... they will putting teroforming into practice (most likely planet mars) the amout of satelites will double.. in the next 15-20 years they be handling that problem of that asteroid bigger than new york and could destroy all of europe...... medical science will increase life span up to 20 years higher..... cancer they will find a way to prevent but they wont find a "proper" cure... robots will be almost as complicated as humans (not in free will though) world peace will never be achieved people cant NOT be pissed at other people... its human nature.. most likely they'll find a way of getting water into the gasses without needing a massive labortory and make it so the process can be performed on a car so instead of filling your tank with petrol you will fill it with water.. britain will open there coal mines again...

water WILL NOT BE USED AS SOMETHING TO EXCHANGE, oil will its due to run out in 70 years.. america is hoarding oil the texas fields are completely abundant with oil yet they still feel the need to import it... they will sell it @ extortionate rates... this will be there bargaining chip..

killer900

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
I think the poles will start switching, and that humans might actually notice that we are slowly killing ourselves. we might actually stop cutting down trees, make smaller energy efficiant homes, and might actually stop buying stupid SUVs. and maybe, hopefully, there will be no more soccermoms who drive SUVs.

but, what i would like to see happen is u s go back to a age without electricity, guns, etc. so we are like middle-earth (J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord Of The Rings), so we don't always have wars except with one country wwich eventually get destoyed and peace agian.

my other dream is that we get rid of damn stupid people. a lot of the people i've met (note: i carefully select my friends, mostly smart proplr) can't even define science practiccally! so al stupid people going away is probably a good thing. then the human race will thrive with SMART people.

XxSocratesxX

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well im not going to be here in 100 hundred years. But i have to say that mankind has doomed itself to death. With the way things are going on now, i wouldnt be suprised if we had a nuclear war or two. Man keeps building better and better weapons. Just the other day i heard a word on EMP Bombs. What that means in simple mans terms is. EMP Bomb goes BOOM, you cant turn on anything that has a power cord and has flashy stuff on it everytime you press a button. In not so simple terms that means. If the EMP bomb goes kaboom in NY lets say than the whole city would be robbed of anything electrical. Imagine if Iraq fired a couple of those to our Key Cities? K....k...kaos! <- Butters) So its like that. We make weapons, we kill each other, or if we dont kill each other 30 megatons of thermonuclear bombs will do the job for us. Btw...if we had nanotech and life was extended than the earth will be overpopulated. Imagine a city like New York, but only it takes up the whole country! Ehh... My Rant is done.

A race of smart people means definite destruction. imagine having 6 billion smart people. well they are going to duke it out on who is smarter. thats why the stupid people are alive...to balance the world. It seems that is their only purpose in life undefined. Where did that come from?

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
does anyone actually beleive in life on other planets? does anyone think there might be futurewars with these other beings?

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
The more advance the world's technology becomes the greater man's doom. How you ask? It's simple. The more technology there is the more mass-murder weapons there is. Then if 1 or 2 weapons get into the wrong hands than :shoot the world will be destroyed.

twistedeuphoria

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What we need is continuous work on next generation defensive technology so there would be no point to launch against or attack any country.

But, I also agree that war needs to exist for population control. Would you rather have an even slightly justified cause for killing or would you prefer the government randomly (or not) picking people who will be killed.

If we do wish to become united as one species it will take a serious disaster, natural or otherwise, which is at least somewhat understood. If we understand it then we have a chance to fight back and/or recover from it as well as preventing people from believing it to be an "act of God" and going crazy.