The future of the human race?

Krackas18

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Back to the nano-age prediction,

Its commin, and its commin fast

Clean world with people living to 150 and still appearing to be around 50 years of age is not far off. However, we, mankind, will screw it up before then. As for major wars, heh yea there could be more than one but that would just be repetitive, the first one will knock us out of existance jsut fine.

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It is estimated the Earth can support like 15 billion people. Once it reaches this point, the population will remain steady.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Guru
It is estimated the Earth can support like 15 billion people. Once it reaches this point, the population will remain steady.

One question here, why? Are you saying that our instinct of reproduction is suddenly going to get turned off? I think that we are going to go into space, it is logical, there are already prototypes of spacecrafts that can be owned even by individuals, they are tested now but in 30 years they are probably going to be on sale, in 50 years they are going to become affordable for everyone.

RuneyPoo

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Right now the world will start dying off, I mean the Human Race. Like HIV/AIDS. By 2010 in South Africa, 10 Million a year will be dying from it. Then Cancer, it will never be cured I believe. This is also killing off millions a year. Car Accidents, homocides, and all that other stuff, kills millions a year. If we don't start stopping this the Human Race population will soon die down, not over populate. But sooner or later, Human Race will die off eventually. Maybe not in our life time, but eventually...

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well everything has to end one day, you are right, but HIVs and Aids cant really kill the whole race, cancer can already be cured on its earlier stages and although the birth rate in europe and Asia decreased it is still more then enough to make sure that human race will not end.

usemapsettings

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ummm.... robots can go crazy incase you didn't know........
Think of a remote controll car... You could just tamperwith frequinces and conrtoll the bots. Although you could disable that idea...... im confussed:rollie

usemapsettings

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Anyways even if we do all die we'll have damn good lifes. No work, robots rubbing are asses warpcars bringing us places to go hell im starting to get a boner.:D

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A buddy has raged on about a meteor that scientists say will hit in 2014, that is supposed to hit earth. Of course hes 16 and smokes and drinks but hey, hes not THAT crazy.

Oxide08

[New And Improved!]
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Anyone seen terminator 3 :rise of the machines i honestly think it will all start like that

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by korn
A buddy has raged on about a meteor that scientists say will hit in 2014, that is supposed to hit earth. Of course hes 16 and smokes and drinks but hey, hes not THAT crazy.
well thats true a meteor is likely to hit our planet about that time about as big as newyork and could destroy someting as big as europe though i dont doubt we will stop this from happening.

If we don't start stopping this the Human Race population will soon die down, not over populate. But sooner or later, Human Race will die off eventually. Maybe not in our life time, but eventually...
It is completely impossible for the human to die of accidents cancer hiv/aids ect. we survived the middle ages which was WAY worse with the plauge people living to 40 ect.The time that passes the less chance of this happening we are discovering more and more cures every year unless something dramatic happens we gonna live :p

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by korn
Actually its 2018. Oh and a big meteorite that has not beem seen by anyone fell on Spain, so it might hit as in 14 years but another one might kill as all tomorrow

Reaction score
so orc, what your saying is, several billion years old and its only been hit once and that was at the beggining of the world. so are you saying it takes millions if not billions of years for a rock big enough to destory the earth/human race is going to just pop out of nowhere in the next 10 years without anyone seeing it?

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well as i said a Large meteorite just hit Spain a couple of weeks ago, no one seen it coming, it wasnt one of those small once it was about the size of a Big Truck, scientists said that their technology should have spotted it but it didnt, its just a matter of luck, Space is a big place the chance of a rock large enough to wipe out the whole planet hiting as is small but existent, and even if we new that something like that is moving on as, what can we do?

Reaction score
please provide a link, otherwise how do i know thats true? if a meteroite seriously hit Spain, weeks ago, newspapers everywhere would have this on the covers. and i read the papers every day.

Reaction score
that was a meteroite shower, that happens. Notice no one was hurt nor was property damaged? firefighters were on standby but didnt do anything. how is that enough evidince to say that a giant meteor will one day come and destroy the world? that wasnt even big enough to do property damage nontheless physical damage.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
that was a meteroite shower, that happens. Notice no one was hurt nor was property damaged? firefighters were on standby but didnt do anything. how is that enough evidince to say that a giant meteor will one day come and destroy the world? that wasnt even big enough to do property damage nontheless physical damage.
Anyways... back to the prediction... From what i think, is that we will at least have another war sooner or later, and few more wars. After those wars, UN will become pointless group... and soon countries will start attack weak countries, for the resources, such as oil, clean water, etc... For example, look at U.S. attacking Iraq for oil. This war will probly end the human civalization, and become WWIII. Even if we survive through all these wars, theres meteorite falling soon... and all the surviving countries after all these wars and all, will prob lose the trust for all other countries. I even doubt that war will be over if it happens. Because then, it wont be like WWII. It will be jus comp + brains + mouse clikcing + keyboard + nuke war. So, it will probly go on and on until earth explodes. I know, i know, it seems negative, but its tru. Ground forces are useless when theres nuke right under ur hand. I guess... having one country for the earth would probly be solution to this. Even if there wont be wars, there still will be meteorites, and probly world will be like in the Matrix... People are jus too lazy nowadays, that they have to depend on others, or find other ppl/comps to do their work. I mean, for our world to become like Matrix... it will take hundreds of years, giving robots our intelligence and ability to think, but it will happen, if you see our technical development. You might say 'I bet N_LeGeNd) is Matrix fan'... and yes, but not huge fan. But it's possible to happen. Afterall, humans have no limits (in my opinion) of learning and making things. I mean, look at those clones nowadays, and if we can make sheep clones, we can make human clones too.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by LawrenceOfArabia
It wasnt a shower it was a meteorite it says it in my link. No one seen it coming and it hit Spain. Oh and dont forget about that big meteorite that hit Syberia in the beginig of 20th century, dont tell me you never heard about that.

If you dont then here is the link

http://www.psi.edu/projects/siberia/siberia.html

It broke up in the atmosphere, can you imagine the damage it would make if it actually hit the ground with its full strength.
The light from the explosion which occured could have been seen in France. And thats regarding the fact that this meteorite didnt actually hit the ground but the large peaces of it did.

Reaction score
the very first segment...

Thousands of people spotted "balls of fire" - thought to be a huge meteorite falling into the Earth's atmosphere - across north-central Spain, it was reported Monday.

since it says there were balls of fire, more than one, thats a meteor shower.

what is the diffrence betwen a meteor and a meteroite?
---------
durring the early 20th century, how far into space could they see? did they have something like the hubble telescope and the such that have been constantly searching for a meteor big enough to destroy the earth? several thousand normal people search they sky daily. a whole 100 years makes a big diffrence. at the begining of the 20th century, there was no way to see it coming.