The future of the human race?

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, let's all predict what the future of the human race will be like a 100 years from now. I personally think we will run out of land/food and will have to fight/compete for it. This probably won't happen in our lifetime, but I just wanted to see what everyone else though. The human population has been growing fast which means more mouths to feed and more people need property. Especially with allt he garbage, land is being taken up. The human population has yet to reach its carrying capactiy and has been growing exponetially. So what do you guys think?

Naga

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It is estimated that all people only occupy 30 km^2 if they were put side by side. But whole world is not enough for them.

Funny, isn't it?

I think there will be at least 4 big wars. 2 will be due to religious(spell check please) reasons and 2 due to water lack.

(Yes, I am the new oracle.)

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Where's your reasoning on a war over lack of water? I think the mere fact that 75% of the earth's surface is water could knock that prediction down.

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah, seriously, where the hell did that come from?

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
We could fit everyone on Earth into Greenland stabding at shoulder's length apart. I don't think the human population will be extinct of in major suffering in 100 years.

Flag

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
In 30 to 40 years I predict we'll start to see the beginning of the Nano-Age. Hopefully I'll live to then as some of the abilities of Nanotechnology would allow us to extend human life to hundreds of years by slowing down the aging process almost completely and even rejuvenating parts of the body to that of youth.

With Nanotechnology around there will be an end to the pollution causing inefficiency of the industrial era. Things will be much better and cheaper and space exploration will really start to take grasp.

I may be a little too optomistic in my claims, but reading several Nanotechnology books has made me one.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
With each advance in extending the human life, comes 2 advances is ending it.

I_CANADIAN_I

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Give us 100 years we will be gone. That is if we are going the way we are going now. We will fire nuclear wepons and cause a nuclear winter and we will have to go underground. Then we will die from starvation and the cold.

Induhvidual_1

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by I_CANADIAN_I
Give us 100 years we will be gone. That is if we are going the way we are going now. We will fire nuclear wepons and cause a nuclear winter and we will have to go underground. Then we will die from starvation and the cold.
Damn negative people but that may be true. I predict that the future will be easy for us humans. We will have robots rubbing our ass everyday and picking our nose. Eventually we will have robots do everything for us. In the end, all we have to do is have sex and sleep and do fun stuff. This will happen in 100 years. (people will be so bored, they'd wanna die!).

Flag

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I_Canadian_I is right that we won't last much longer if we stay the way we are. However it is very doubtful the industrial era will continue another 50 years even.

The next 30 - 40 years is going to be very interesting for (wo)mankind. For thousands upon thousands of years us humans have built things with raw materials and even today we still build things with huge chunks of atoms. With the comming of the next era however we'll be building things from the atom up and be able to construct nearly anything the imagination can think of with minimal costs. It will probably be the biggest milestone for humans since the discovery of fire.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
well take at the hellhole that i live in. california will last 10 years tops cuz if boneheads like arnold can be governor then i bet my left testicle (im fond of my right one) that it will become newer york or new vegas. it takes jackasses like bush to destroy the world. though i think australia and switzerland will survive, cuz u cant hate em (cept for the croc hunter dood)

I_CANADIAN_I

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Induhvidual_1
I predict that the future will be easy for us humans. We will have robots rubbing our ass everyday and picking our nose. Eventually we will have robots do everything for us. In the end, all we have to do is have sex and sleep and do fun stuff. This will happen in 100 years. (people will be so bored, they'd wanna die!).
Then all the robots will go crazy and then kill us all!! :scary

Then we will fight back in a great battle!! :shoot

Then will will win and will have peace!!:butterfly

Then we will be back at stage 1 where we are nukeing each other :rollie

lol but ur future would be preaty sweet if the robots wouldn't go crazy :D

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by vanilla_ice_cream
Well, let's all predict what the future of the human race will be like a 100 years from now. I personally think we will run out of land/food and will have to fight/compete for it. This probably won't happen in our lifetime, but I just wanted to see what everyone else though. The human population has been growing fast which means more mouths to feed and more people need property. Especially with allt he garbage, land is being taken up. The human population has yet to reach its carrying capactiy and has been growing exponetially. So what do you guys think?
first of all European population is decreasing, for example Russia had 140 million people couple of years ago, and we had 6th largest populatin in the world, today we havbe eight largest population, and it is not only in Russia, birth decrease is present in such countries as Great Britain, France, and other european and sian nations, and u know why?
Because of bad conditions, just like u said people dont have enough food and land (they actually do have that stuff but they only have enough for themselves and having children becomes too big of expense) and thats why population decreases so u see humankind will stabilize itself if those problems u said will occur will actually occur, but war might be one way for humankind to stabilize, people die so there is more food for others, population decreases so there is more food for others.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Flag
In 30 to 40 years I predict we'll start to see the beginning of the Nano-Age. Hopefully I'll live to then as some of the abilities of Nanotechnology would allow us to extend human life to hundreds of years by slowing down the aging process almost completely and even rejuvenating parts of the body to that of youth.

With Nanotechnology around there will be an end to the pollution causing inefficiency of the industrial era. Things will be much better and cheaper and space exploration will really start to take grasp.

I may be a little too optomistic in my claims, but reading several Nanotechnology books has made me one.
if no one will die then there will be no place for new generations and then humankind will be stripped of its ablilitu to stibilize it self and what vanilla said might actually come true

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
u might want to tell as why would that happen, i mean we head nukes for more then 65 years now and nothing like that ever happened. People arent stupid u know, nations with nukes know what will happen in case of nuclear war and i doubt that they will even consider using nukes unless there is a really good reason, and in order for earth to be destoroyed more than two nations will have to fire all their nukes, and why would they do that?

P.S. but then there are always hydrogen bombs, they can blow up earth much more easialy

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Induhvidual_1
Damn negative people but that may be true. I predict that the future will be easy for us humans. We will have robots rubbing our ass everyday and picking our nose. Eventually we will have robots do everything for us. In the end, all we have to do is have sex and sleep and do fun stuff. This will happen in 100 years. (people will be so bored, they'd wanna die!).
finally someone is making some sense

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Then all the robots will go crazy and then kill us all!! :scary

Then we will fight back in a great battle!! :shoot

Then will will win and will have peace!!:butterfly

Then we will be back at stage 1 where we are nukeing each other :rollie

lol but ur future would be preaty sweet if the robots wouldn't go crazy :D
are u stupid or u just trying to look that way? robots are programmed to do a job, they dont think, they cant think, most that can happen is that some geneous will program some robots to kill people, yet they will not think, they dont have an instinct of self preservation, and even if they will be able to do the things we humans do, it will not be accomplished by making them think, but wrighting a compicated program for them, the one that will tell them what to do in various situations, and again why would anyone do that?