The Dragonis War

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((No prob man, lol))

Thaltos grumbled. He had not intended for Balthizar to be powerless for any length of time, but Zeus's word was irrefutable. Thaltos himself was the one who hunted down those who defied or questioned the word of the Gods, he could not very well do it himself...

"I apologize, Balthizar...while you have been ridden of your infestation, you are hardly more than a mortal human...I had intended for you to receive a bounty of power upon your freedom. Apparently, since Zeus had to help you rid yourself of the demon's influence, the act of denying it was not enough of itself to convince him of your loyalty.

However, the word of Zeus is law. I cannot go against it, nor can you. Zeus will grant you power when he deems you worthy of it...for now..."

Thaltos moved to the bandits he had slain earlier and rummaged amongst their weapons. Coming up with several various daggers, a couple of simple swords, and a bow with a fully stocked quiver, he gestured at Balthizar.

"You may be powerless, but you will not be helpless. Take your pick of this lot...amongst it all there is a fair arsenal. Your raw power is gone, but your experience is not...you should still be able to wield these weapons with efficiency until a point which Zeus deems you ready for the mantle of the Gods."

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Balthizar spotted two small waraxes, he picked them up and started twirling them,"Ah, yes, these will do. Not the first time I've wielded these suckers."

Balthizar then placed them in his belt. He looked towards Torque, "I don't believe we have been introduced?"

Balthizar outstreched a friendly hand.

Reaction score
She tossed the swords at Balthizar."Those are your problem now. I suggest you find something to do with them I'm tired of playing babysitter." She started walking away when she stopped by Torque."Some advice Dragonis...remember your past it might help you live longer...and tr to move on if you want to keep your sanity." She then turned to head down the road."I have a mission that I cannot fail I must kill the one who Balthizar was underling to....but first..." She turned and glared at Balthizar."Betray them and I will not hesitate to kill you ...I will not make the same mistake twice."

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque nodded to the woman. "Won't you come with us? We could use your skill for fighting whatever evil is out there. I have a score to settle with my brother, Gai." He said, offering his hand to her. "That way you can keep an eye on Balthazar at the same time." He gave a small smile.

The events of the ealrier battle had left Torque weary, he had lost quite a bit of blood from his wounds and was now swaying on his feet, his face looking a little drawn. He combed his fingers through his bleached-white hair and then fell to his knees. "Damn...thought I could fight it off."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Thaltos looked on in silence, observing. When Torque fell, obviously weakened from his wounds, Thaltos remembered the arrow wound that had pierced him during the battle with the bandits...at the time there had been no opportunity to do much about it, and with everything that had been going on he had forgotten about it.

He felt about in, checking its severity. There was a little bit of pain, obviously, but no infection as of yet. The snapped-off stump of the arrow still protruded from his flesh, and if he wanted to heal it would have to come out...which wouldn't be pleasant considering it hadn't gone all the way through.

Thaltos knelt down, laying the Shears on the ground. Grasping the wooden shaft of the arrow, he grunted and ripped it out, leaving a ragged-looking wound that immediately began to bleed. Snatching up one of the Shears, he set off of some of the charge they had siphoned from Balthizar, igniting them in a sheath of electricity. Pressing it to his wound, he grit his teeth as the electrical energy seared his flesh and cauterized the gash.

The wound sealed for healing, Thaltos straightened up a little and held up one of the Shears and looked at Torque with a questioning look on his face, obviously offering to do the same for Torque's wounds.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Balthizar cast aside the non-magical weapons, and picked up his old swords, Hibiki and Michi. "Ah yes, my old swords, I see that you haven't been sharpened in awhile, but you're still sharp as ever." Balthizar chuckled.

He turned to the rest of his party, "We should not stay out here any longer, it is getting quite dark, and Daemon, my former master, loves to work at night. We should find an Inn somewhere soon. In the morning I shall tell you were we shall procede to next, I need to rest, much is on my mind." Balthizar said.

Reaction score
She kneeled down to Torque."I will join you...but not as a babysitter...I will join to keep my promise..to protect what is sacred to me." She leaned towards him."Hold still." She placed her hands on his chest over his heart. She let her aura flow through him helping to reduce the severity of his wounds."Daemon....must pay..." She stood up streching."We must move foreward...I'm afraid I made a mess of the village behind us....but remember Torque when you find your brother know I am as they say....cheering for you." She started walking foreward her hood up again as a melody hummed from her lips."hmmm..hmmm...take me away to the river I pray....the mountain seems so far where I lay....these chains so heavy..these burdens I bare...yet to protect these words will be my only care....hmm...hmmm..."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Torque's wounds apparently taken care of by the odd demoness, Thaltos shrugged and replaced his weapons across his back as he stood up.

His original quest for the Gods satisfied, as Balthizar was apparently no longer working in contrary interests to their will, Thaltos had no place here. The Gods would surely have another mission for him. Still...

Thaltos gave no words of explanation or farewell, just turned and walked into the trees. He needed to speak to the Gods in a manner much less dramatic than his earlier invocation of Zeus, and there were no known temples nearby. The forest was not Zeus's primary domain, a lesser god would have to serve as an intermediary. Artemis would do. This was her realm.

After journeying for several minutes through the forest, he was in luck to find a secluded little meadow with a fresh, clean pond in the center. Perfect.

Kneeling in humility at the edge of the pond, Thaltos spoke.

"Lady Artemis, I require an audience with you to determine what the Gods wish of me to do at this time. Hear my call, and grant me your aid."

The waters of the pond shifted, and their ripples formed into a beautful feminine face.

"Thaltos, you know what your task is. Zeus has commanded that you make sure that Balthizar is no threat, and until he has proven himself to be a worthy servant of the Gods you are to travel alongside him and assist him in his quest. Watch him, Thaltos. If he betrays our trust, you are the bearer of the Shears of Atropos, and you will be the one to cast him into the River Styx. You have never failed us, Thaltos. I trust you will not this time."

The ripples faded into normal lake patterns, and Thaltos nodded in respect. After getting up and dusting himself off, he returned to the party, who were making their way along the path. falling into step behind Balthizar, he spoke.

"The Gods have bidden me to accompany you on your quest."

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque felt better from Thaltos and the demoness treating his wounds. He still felt a little odd that she knew what made him tick. He shook his head, banishing the thought and moved on. Balthazar was now in human form, also joining them on their quest. As they made for the nearest village which should be Argent Rest, Torque was deep in thought as he walked. He was most likely the weakest out of everyone here, and felt very small. Everyone had special powers where he had none, the Dragonis family's shadow meld ability long lost. He pondered how the demoness knew so much about him, it was unsettling.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Thaltos walked just behind the rest of the group, thinking things over and assessing his companions.

The demoness seemed like the most immediate potential threat...as far as he could tell, she wasn't weakened in any way after the fight, except perhaps by not having her weapons. However, the weapons not being in her possession may not be a bad thing, as they appeared to have been exerting a measure of influence over her behavior. Without them, she may be a bit more rational. Still, she warranted watching.

Torque seemed like a strong human, and as of yet he hadn't demonstrated much in the way of above-normal abilities, although during the fight his weapon had shown some peculiarities. Thaltos suspected that there was more to the human than was at first apparent. He may warrant some observation as well.

And finally, Thaltos assessed his charge, Balthizar. Even as a human and without his demonic master, Balthizar needed to be watched. He had in his possession weapons of his own design with unknown attributes...the same weapons that had exerted control over the demoness and made her much more hostile. Even without any innate powers, Balthizar had potential to be an unpleasant enemy, and his limits could not be accurately assessed as of yet.

Thaltos betrayed his thoughts to nobody, and continued walking silently behind the others, his eyes ever watchful.

Reaction score
"Foregive me if I frighten you..Torque...the reason I know so much about you is because I have met your line in the past. Maybe your father or what not....but he helped me to learn that....that I am not useless." She spoke so emotionlessly almost as if she was stone. "I have a mission to retrieve the scriptures...that is my purpose...when it is over I will likely be sealed away. So I want no part in you lust filled curses...it would only end in your pain.....after all I don't think the Gods would like it very much if the scripture of life was tainted....I carry the scripture in my body." She placed her hand on her chest.

She then turned to look at Thaltos."I am not really demon nor am I anything really...I have just been told I am...after all my mother has heavenly lineage...." She streched slightly before going on."It is only right I introduce myself....My name is Asakai....Asakai Midoriko....I am the Daughter of the great Tsubaki Sanzo the only half demon female Sanzo....and the great reincarnate Sha Gojyo....I come from the line of the great Priestess Midoriko and the Goddess Ceres....so now we are even you know as much about my family as I do...and to answer any questions about the many heavy looking ornaments I wear...they are power limiters..all seventy of them." She then turned back around after all she was taught that if you travel in a party you must be honest.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
As Balthizar walked, Hibiki and Michi started to pulse at his back. Silence! he told them in thought, You shall obey my command, I created you, and I can just as easily destroy you. I may be in human form, but I am no weakling.

Balthizar looked back at Torque, still walking, and asked "About how far to the next village? I'm getting quite hungry, I haven't eaten in a couple thousand years." Balthizar let out a hearty chuckle.

VoxEladrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Torque heard what the demoness named Asakai said and he thought a moment. "Father never said that he met a demoness. Judging from your behavior towards me earlier, you probably met Torque II." He said, his hand on his chin. "He was a wise man, no wonder you feel a bit more confident." He said. "You shouldn't let others dictate what you do with your life, it is your own to live as you will. No one owns you or has a right to force you to do things against your will."

He then addressed Balthazar with a small smile. "I imagine you're quite famished then. The King's Fleece is a good inn I've stayed at many times on my smaller journeys." He said. "They make the finest roast mutton, mark my words."

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Baltizar replied, "Well, sounds great, hope we get there faster!"
He turned to Thaltos, he seemed deep in thought. "Hey Thaltos, best not be too distracted with thought, it's been the end to many a warrior. No matter how good a warrior they were."

Balthizar stopped, he grabbed his head in pain, he collapsed to the ground still clutching his head, he started to scream, but nothing came out.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
When Balthizar dropped to the ground, the Shears were in Thaltos' hands immediately. On guard against any form of treachery, he watched Balthizar writhing in pain. Impassive and alert, he observed. It was not his purpose to aid Balthizar, only to watch him...and in any event it was unlikely that there was much he could do.

Thaltos watched.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Balthizar, still on the ground in pain, managed to point and yell "In the woods! Daemon's sorcerers! He means to...Destroy me!"

Balthizar could say no more, he was in far too much pain.

Reaction score
"I'm afraid someone does own me...that is my reason for living." She started heading towards the forest."Allow me to take care of these fools...take Balthizar to the next town I will meet you there shortly." She gave a small smile before dissapearing into the forest laughing a bit." Oh how fun this day has been!" Her voice echoed."I can't wait to see your pretty corpses paint the ground!"

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Thaltos found himself at a little bit of a dilemma...the Shears could use charging, and sorcerors held a lot of power...but he wasn't sure if he should leave Balthizar unsupervised. If he decided to revolt, Thaltos wasn't sure that Torque would be able to handle him alone.

Thaltos decided to let the demoness do her work, and help Torque get Balthizar to safety.

Reaction score
She leaned against a tree panting a bit."Sorcerors....sneaky...vile...curs...." She spoke wiping the blood from her eyes. There was only one left and he was really starting to make her angry. She emerged form the tree starring him in the eyes intently."You will die....here and now..." She stalked towards him pulling a dagger from her cloak. She fell to her knees almost abruptly holding her chest. "Damn it...damn it all...." She looked up to see the Soceror holding a sutra."You will die if you approach me...." She saw him walking toward her shaking and smiling the other sutra glowing. She looked away as he continued foreward and then was torn to shreds. The sutra dropped to the ground. She stood covered in blood and picked up the sutra. "You tempt me Daemon...are you foolish..or genius." She held the sutra to her chest as it evaporated the scriptures flew across her skin glowing blue. The two sets of scriptures hummed in purple and blue."Kouten..and Saiten...only three left...." She smiled before falling to the ground nearly breathless. She laid there before closing her eyes and falling into the temporary darkness of sleep."Help...me..." She spoke almost pleadingly.