The Dragonis War

SpAwNtHeKiLlEr

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Snarling at Balthizar, trying not to give into his lust for blood. "You may doubt me, but I'll give you a little demonstration." Immediately after saying this, Kainus picks up a tree with his concentrated energy, he then throws the tree at a solid stone building that was unoccupied, cracking the whole wall. "Now what do you think, may I follow, or do I have to give into my need for blood?"

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
((Wow, telekenisis, since that isn't overpowered, and he seems unaffected by this use of great power, also considering the fact he is weak from NOT FEEDING, l2rp))

SpAwNtHeKiLlEr

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
((Ok, he is needing blood, does not affect his magical powers, called mana. I don't recall in say diablo 2 where if you are low on health, that you don't have mana.))

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
((This isn't Diablo 2, this is a roleplay, you gotta make things seem logical, Vampires are weakened (usually) if they haven't fed in awhile, feeding keeps them looking young, and makes them regenerate, and keeps them healthy. And I know what mana is, any competent Roleplayer knows what mana is.))

SpAwNtHeKiLlEr

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
((Ok, can we just continue on, please, thank you. I know about vampires as well, I am ****ing addicted to vampires.))

SpAwNtHeKiLlEr

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
((CONTINUE NOW!!!!))

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
((I don't like your character, plus, I'm waiting for Vadriel or someone to post, you gotta give other people a chance to roleplay, can't just do it all by yourself.))

SpAwNtHeKiLlEr

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
((Whatever, but we have to become allies in this, you do know that. Imagine if cheeze was playing. LOL))

SpAwNtHeKiLlEr

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
((I hate you, literally. You ruin my fun. :( ))

Reaction score
((If he caught up and needed blood wouldn't Asakai be a great target considering she's drenched in it? And I mean bathed in it.))

She streched slightly Taking off the cloak and discarding it."I will need to find a market to replace my cloak ....so with further waiting can we continue on...or do you pethetic men need rest?" She began to walk down the path leaving a trail of blood and bloody foot prints.'I will need to find an inn to meditate or these wounds will not close..." She was stumbling a bit as she walked but was determined to show no weakness. She stopped when her body betrayed her and caused her to fall to the ground from the gaping wounds and slashes she had gained from her slaughter.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((I'm seriously against this character now...and pretty well against the guy playing him as of right now. Bud, you need to seriously learn how to make a reasonably powered character. Some of the ones I do are a bit over-the-top, but I try not to make them TOO powerful. They always have limits and weaknesses. A supervampire who in a weakened state can toss trees around with his mind and has a 1/8th max speed of 500mph is NOT a reasonable character.

If you're going to make a vampire character, have a dhampir (half human, half vampire) character without any special ranged abilities (unless of course he's a bowman or uses throwing weapons). Make him about twice as fast as a normal human, twice as strong, resistant to daylight burns, and with a lessened hunger. He should wield normal weapons, unless there is a reasonably powered magical weapon that he obtained through logical means. Vampires shouldn't have telekinesis or any sort of sorcerous abilities, unless it's a powerful vampire who can shapeshift. If you like, you can make it to where feeding causes him to heal rapidly.

In my opinion, that would result in a well-balanced character. Come up with something like that, or hell just use that, I don't care...but do something about that power-level or we're just going to put our feet down and say "no, you can't join." I've been in too damn many RPs that have been ruined by idiots to let you screw up another one. When all this is resolved, I'm going to ask a moderator to clean these posts up and split the OOC, nonproductive posts to the Void. We don't need to be cluttering this thread up with useless nonsense.

And for the love of ZEUS, no freakin' armor that's impervious to harm.

Edit: One more thing, try to stay away from the "mana" concept. In this sort of RP, spellcasting ability is directly tied to endurance and stamina. You cast, you get tired, or drain your reserves like Thaltos does with the Shears. Resting replenishes your "mana." In the event of a vampiric character, feeding would likely replenish both stamina and spellcasting ability...within reason. 3 drops of blood shouldn't rejuvinate you and make you able to call down firestorms.

Edit again: For the time being, until this issue is resolved, I won't be continuing with Thaltos's actions. Since Balthizar and Thaltos are directly linked, this means Blue probably won't be RPing, and there ain't much that Asakai can do by herself while Vox is on his latest inactivity streak. So effectively, this RP is on hold until you get your shit together.))

SpAwNtHeKiLlEr

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
((Ok, fine then I will edit him to your likings.))

Equipment: No Armor, Two Swords with powers that take blood when entering body and then transfering it into the holder of the weapons.
Skills: Super Strength (the power of 4 men, can only be used once every three days), Super Speed (The Speed of two horses combined, can only be used once every 5 hours), Blood - Sucking, Summoning Undead, Reviving (transfers blood from caster to the fallen ally), Poison making.
Personality: Quarter Human - Quarter Necromancer - Half Vampire, all powers of a normal purebred vampire, Needs to drink blood. Has fought wars for his vampire brethren when they were hated, did this alongside other vampires.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Now that sounds fairly decent. I could play with that character. ^_^

Honestly, I don't even see why his strength and speed have to be limited THAT much. I think that if he was just strong and fast gauged on how healthy/well-fed he was, it would make sense. Like, he's at full strength and speed when he's fully-fed and at full stamina, and it lowers down to normal when he's a little hungry, and he gets really weak when he's starving. I'm not trying to completely cripple him, just make him make sense.

And ONE other thing, how about instead of "summoning undead" we make it be "reanimating corpses?" That's what necromancers really do, is just take dead matter and reimbue it with life. Summoning skeletons out of thin air may happen in video games, but text RPGs are a bit more logical.

Aside from that, I can deal with him great! He fits in significantly better, my only request is that you come up with a storyline reason for him to be a part of this RPG...something to tie him to the other characters or quest other than just popping in out of nowhere and saying "hi can I join you?"))

SpAwNtHeKiLlEr

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
((Ok, I'll run this one by you.))

Kainus comes from a family that was forever forgotten, there are very few, who can have the last name of his family members. His father and grandfather had fought alongside zeus when he was losing to the titans. ( Yay, for the greeks) Zeus had eventually decided to grant his grandfather and future generations the powers of the gods, as long as they would remain to fight for good and not evil. Zeus however did not feel that Kainus was ready to be given the powers of a god, therefore he decided to make him a demi-god. He is known across the land as one of Alexanders the Great's friend. He was also known for being one of the last still standing fighters during many wars. He is mainly known by few, till this day he has been known as Kainus the Vampire Brethren God of Covampirtillston, the once great flourishing city of vampires. He has been working for zeus has a trained fighter and powerful one as well, he is currently on a mission to help anyone related that is working for zeus. After so many years (450) he has started to wonder of his true purpose in the world. He needs to find out what he is meant to do, therefore he continues his quests for zeus, asking all if they will point him in the right direction towards happiness.

((Is this good enough for you.))

SpAwNtHeKiLlEr

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
((Read the story, is it any good?))