The DotA Thread! [Basic Strats and Hero/Item talk]

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Renzokuken said:
Remind me not to play with you. You'll hate me :(
I don't treat my friends like dirt in game, unless they do something really really dumb.

micro.micro

Member!
Reaction score
doing crappy things during a game like sucking is pretty dumb ;\

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
hahaha, what do you guys think of Shadow Fiend's ultimate, Requiem of Souls?

I, personally, love it.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, if timed right. You can waste an army of heroes and creeps alike with them. But it takes some time to accumulate the souls before it gets really effective.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I like it, but you need a Lothars or a Blink Dagger for it to be effective. It's one of those ultimates that you could *really* screw up. And if a hero isn't in range or runs immediately when you start casting, then it's almost a waste.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Yeah, I hate that. But it is pwn when someone has a disable and they are disabled.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Which is why the Blink Dagger was created for surprise attacks.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
But that intervenes with collision sizes, so you can't pull off the maximum effect on one hero.

XDxxTX

Member!
Reaction score
Why were we talking about custom games in a DotA thread??? lol. But.. i played a game with PA she pretty much owns but i had a shit game cause this zeus called solo then he wa against 2 guys so he called for help i go there and he says GO AWAY and i was stuffed cause i ahd to go all the way back to the top losing so much exp so i was like stuffed all game unitll we ganked heaps and tehn i lvled fast :D

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Back to Nevermore,

His ultimate is still annoying, ultimates that have a casting time can be screwed over if you're against a stunner. And anyone can get a guinsoo's too. So in late game, you'll be lucky to pull it off.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Ultimates are ment to kill off the hero or add effects to you to make your other spells have more drastic effects. Nevermore is no different. If you want to wipe out more than 1 enemy, you either use the ult if they are all weak or you are about to die.

micro.micro

Member!
Reaction score
not really.... if you get a lothars on nevermore, and in a big battle, you just sneak behind them and ult. they're lucky if they can get you in time.

XDxxTX

Member!
Reaction score
nevermore's that firelord dude right ??? lol im soo noob well im not that bad but i havent played anyone> :p

Oh and since im noob what are those cheap item that you get at teh start of game for strength,agility and intelligience hero's jsut so i can play better. like you know the bracers and teh wraith bands what heros get those or what type get these items plz help me !!!!

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Renzokuken said:
Back to Nevermore,

His ultimate is still annoying, ultimates that have a casting time can be screwed over if you're against a stunner. And anyone can get a guinsoo's too. So in late game, you'll be lucky to pull it off.
Stunning/Hexing doesn't affect cast times. He will simply be ordered to recast the spell once the stun is over.

Channeling magics, however, will cause it to fail. GG Sand King.

micro.micro

Member!
Reaction score
are you sure? i never knew sk's ult was channeling... i always thought that hexing nevermore would cause his ult to mess up.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Once you click the icon, his mana is wasted and the spell is now on cooldown. So if you hex/stun before the two seconds is up, you just screwed his ultimate.

SK's ult is channeling in the sense that it works over time. So if you hex/stun/cyclone while his ultimate is working, you screwed his ultimate.
A spell that requires channeling means that you can't move around while it's being casted. So technically, SK's ult isn't channeling.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Renzokuken said:
Once you click the icon, his mana is wasted and the spell is now on cooldown. So if you hex/stun before the two seconds is up, you just screwed his ultimate.

SK's ult is channeling in the sense that it works over time. So if you hex/stun/cyclone while his ultimate is working, you screwed his ultimate.
A spell that requires channeling means that you can't move around while it's being casted. So technically, SK's ult isn't channeling.
Not really, the trigger checks to make sure that his ultimate has been channeled. Once that happens, the dummy units are created that casts the Thunder Clap. On things like Nevermore, and Furion's Teleportation/Requiem of Souls, nothing can stop them technically since they have casting times which is different from channeling.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Its like Rylai Crestfall with Freezing Field. As long as Rylai maintains the channel, it will generate units at random locations near her and kill themselves with Frost Nova. The splash does damage to other nearby enemies.

XDxxTX

Member!
Reaction score
...Yup, dont know anything u talking about... so anyone can help me with those cheap shit items to buy at the beginning of that game like the wraith bands and stuff ???? and the null talismans ???

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
XDxxTX said:
...Yup, dont know anything u talking about... so anyone can help me with those cheap shit items to buy at the beginning of that game like the wraith bands and stuff ???? and the null talismans ???
Well what do you need help with? It's a simple matter of clicking them and reading the descriptions...