The DotA Thread! [Basic Strats and Hero/Item talk]

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Invoker was a unique hero to the game. Instead of the basic 3-1 skill ratio. He had rune combonations! The way you combined the runes, the different spells you cast. But the problem is, its pure memorization.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Yeah, too bad if you pull him in a -dm -ar and you don't know how to use him. I pulled Spiritbreaker in an -ar match, i got my ass handed to me. First time i used Spiritbreaker.

XDxxTX

Member!
Reaction score
LOL u know who i like silencer hes pretty awesome. Its even better when you verse a noob in your lane and you use curse of the silent on him and he dosent know that you jsut use a spell tog et rid of it. I did this to a newb earthshaker and he jsut ran around haha i killed him like 5 times just use curse of the silent and attack him with glaives of wisdom LOL its soo funni !!

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I don't really like his ultimate that much, global silence for 4 seconds or so is only good when you want to shut up a group of channelers at once. However, the aura itself compensates for this skill. You can easily silence someone just by them going up to you and casting spells, a truly nasty anti-Rylai weapon.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
I don't really like his ultimate that much, global silence for 4 seconds or so is only good when you want to shut up a group of channelers at once. However, the aura itself compensates for this skill. You can easily silence someone just by them going up to you and casting spells, a truly nasty anti-Rylai weapon.
Apart from Rylai, it rapes any chain nukers.

Silencer is great with Aghanims, MKB, and Guinsoos. It is just rape.

micro.micro

Member!
Reaction score
his ultamate is godly!!!! are you kidding? when i play scrims his ult saves our asses all the time lol. his last word is awesome as well but global silence is just l33t + drow's silence.

kitty64

Member!
Reaction score
holy shit man this is one bigass thread... i played dota a few times and i sucked of ass... except with the rifleman guy that guy ownz but hes pretty cheap

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
y was silencer allwoed to summon those infernals at first?

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Because that was his original skillset. It didn't have much synergy, so they remade him.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Also, it was an easy way to take down towers and also take tower kills fairly easy. Mostly because of the chaos damage they cause.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Terrorblade in Metamorphisis had chaos damage. Thankfully nothing has chaos damage anymore (Except neutral creeps).

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, but here is the thing about Terrorblade. ITs not the choas damage that hurts, its when he metas, mirror images, then he has the Eye of Skadi on him. We are talking about monster damage from multiple clones along with cold attacks from the original.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Yeah, but here is the thing about Terrorblade. ITs not the choas damage that hurts, its when he metas, mirror images, then he has the Eye of Skadi on him. We are talking about monster damage from multiple clones along with cold attacks from the original.
Yeah, and then when you try to kill him, he will Sunder an image/you. It is even worse when he has a Dagon, see this.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Cause he can Dagon you to finish you off after robbing your life via Sunder. If that doesn't work, then he can either attack you or Life Drain you to death.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Soul Steal sucks vs heroes.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i gusse it migth work if they run away with like 100 health

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Hey what do you guys think is a good build for SA? I hardly play him and i got him in an -ar match. I got a Ring of Regen first, then Treads, and then got a Butterfly because i didn't know what else to get. Heaps of people use that hero, but i never check what items are good for him.
I would've gotten a Buriza next if i didn't disconnect. But damn, SA is an awesome hero killer...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well Ring of Regen and speed boots help the hero out. You should have enough money for the two things together. Agility heroes lack a strong hp recovery (except Ulfsaar and N'iax later). So you need to make up with it by increasing your hit points via strength items or getting the 2 hp recovery. Mekansm is recommended too. As for SA, think more stealth and less battle class. If you get him items like Buriza or DR, you should have no trouble with him. Don't forget to try to deny your enemies' creeps so they get underleveled.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Call solo, grab 2 Slippers/1 Circlet. Farm and farm, get Ring of Health, then farm and get Sacred Relic, then form Radiance. Best way is the only way!