The DotA Thread! [Basic Strats and Hero/Item talk]

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Dream_Walker said:
So what do you guys think of Alchemist and Warlock?
Alchemist is rigged and Warlock is basically our new version of the old Silencer. Considering people used to infernal swarm towers to steal kills.

Mr.Sloth

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i dont alchemist is too rigged, even with ulti- if you disable him once or twice and whack him enough he's easy. I like the new warlock, a lot

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
The Alchemist is balanced now after his nerf, and Warlock just doesn't seem appealing. It seems they're just throwing heroes in to throw them in, when they really don't fit a place like some of the old ones did.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
How ya feel? I find it funny tho how Medusa's Purge owns his ultimate ^_^

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, considering it kills summons instantly. I like Purge in both DotA and melee, it is a real nice slow spell before it begins to wear off. But for some reason, I just can't get hero kills with her. I can creep easily, even without multi-shot. Just getting hero kills isn't easy. Last time I played her, I was 1-0. I only got a kill because I ksed.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
She's just not 5.84c material :(

micro.micro

Member!
Reaction score
medusa is crazy buff... most pros go stats shield and get multishot later on. you can either farm straight for a radiance or hand of midas then radiance. she is a sick tank with that build and can kill anyone that gets in her way, it usually takes at least 2-3 heroes to kill her when she's pushing a lane by herself.

HispanicPaulo

Member!
Reaction score
well actually
medusa is good but not that goood

i no of many heroes that (if u build them correctly) can pwn medusa 1v1

wen the opposing team chooses too many itells i go for the Earthshaker... he massively pwns intel heroes like Medusa annnnnnnd radience inly goes soo far cause itll does ittle damge.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Magina can rape her, or any image hero that gets Manta Style (Siren...)

micro.micro

Member!
Reaction score
not really,,,, i agree that medusa can lose to heroes 1v1 but not the ones you mentioned... i think lich or viper would own medusa 1v1.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Wtf, Manta Siren < Medusa you say? Are you on drugs?

micro.micro

Member!
Reaction score
yea i think my medusa can beat your sirin in a regular AP game if that's what you mean... you're not factoring in denys/last hits and if i get my radiance before your manta (which is likely) you prob won't be able to beat me by the time you get your manta because i'll have enough tanking ability to run away when u use your manta. assuming we're both in the same lane and start with the normal amount of money of course.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
All i really need is Diffusal. From then my images can suffice until I get Manta Style.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, but you can also Purge the summons to see which ones are real or fake. If they take damage, then you know who the real one is. Then again, what isn't gonna save you from 4-7 naginata carrying sirens slashing you to death.

micro.micro

Member!
Reaction score
a radiance will tell me which one is the real one is about 2 seconds, and if they really bother me i can just split shot to kill them off faster, though that really isn't necessary. I WANT TO TRY THIS NOW. COME WEST AND I'LL let you have host or we can find a neutral host to observe.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I like Radiance on cloaked heroes or heroes that already have splash attacks on them. A few good ones are like Riki and Weaver.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Those are the builds I like to do. Especially with SA. A friend tried it after i told him too, and we ended up owning them :p.

micro.micro

Member!
Reaction score
i think i'm going to CAL on the east. might see u there dream lol still aven't don't our naga v dusa