Teleporting a level 1 hero?

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
VBadGirl said:
heheh well.. the advantage is not insignifiant he is lvl 2 half way to 3 (he creeped an medium orange spot, \\TR, TM).. and u have 0 xp and u just got out.

he comes to ur base.. kills a few wisps (workers) and a low health unit and he is lvl 3 while u still struggle to get to lvl 2. i would say a lvl 2 WE or a lvl 2 wolf.. etc.. its surely signifiant.

No1 can deny the fact wc3 spins around the hero's lvl. if u think a lvl 2, 3 is insignifiant compared with ur lvl 1 hero why boder to get a hero at all? ;).

350 is not that big.. it covers later when u sell a few items dropped at creep.. or expand eventually.
Why is he lvl 2 and half way to 3 ?!? usually harasses happen at the start when both heroes are level 1?

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
why? well very easy my dude =).

100 xp from ur hero + a spot creped just after to maximize the advantage he has over you will give him a lvl 2 (half way to lvl 3 hero.).

Don't tell me he will wait in his base after he killed ur hero and mass units, waiting for ur hero to revive and then.. let u creep and eventually after that he also goes creeping also.

I give u an example ;) ..

TM.. u got killed he is human. he gets 3-4 militia + am + w.e + some foots and creeps the 2 lvl 3 gnoll and lvl 5 one next to his base. (if not even either the goblin shop or the merc camp which will make him lvl 3)

Also orcs can very easily take that spot with 2 grunts and a FS.

I can assure u he will have lvl 2 and half after ;). While this time all u got to do is.. revive ur hero and eventually replenish ur mana.

TP or die? your pick on how badly u wanna lose or win the game :p.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
VBadGirl said:
why? well very easy my dude =).

100 xp from ur hero + a spot creped just after to maximize the advantage he has over you will give him a lvl 2 (half way to lvl 3 hero.).

Don't tell me he will wait in his base after he killed ur hero and mass units, waiting for ur hero to revive and then.. let u creep and eventually after that he also goes creeping also.

I give u an example ;) ..

TM.. u got killed he is human. he gets 3-4 militia + am + w.e + some foots and creeps the 2 lvl 3 gnoll and lvl 5 one next to his base. (if not even either the goblin shop or the merc camp which will make him lvl 3)

Also orcs can very easily take that spot with 2 grunts and a FS.

I can assure u he will have lvl 2 and half after ;). While this time all u got to do is.. revive ur hero and eventually replenish ur mana.

TP or die? your pick on how badly u wanna lose or win the game :p.
TP your lvl 1 hero alone and i will SURELY call you a noob =/

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Luna, sometimes that can be a last resort for those who don't want to lose thier hero in the most embarrasing of ways. I have had to tp many times, but now I am more careful how I escape from bases.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
well luna u are free to call face to face all pro-gamers newbs if you will. I haven't seen NOT one single of them letting their hero die.. just because he/she is lvl 1. The ideal case is not to be forced to tp out or have ur hero in danger when u harass. otherwise u can say u screwed up your harass.. or w.e.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
VBadGirl said:
well luna u are free to call face to face all pro-gamers newbs if you will. I haven't seen NOT one single of them letting their hero die.. just because he/she is lvl 1. The ideal case is not to be forced to tp out or have ur hero in danger when u harass. otherwise u can say u screwed up your harass.. or w.e.
there's NO POINT on tping a level 1 hero, unless you have some units to save or you've killed many peons, like 5-7... well. the "calliing you a noob" part is merely figurative, i wouldn't really do that, but i just find saving a lvl 1 hero kinda dumb.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Or as I said many times, learn to micro right and you won't have to resort to that situation.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thats true. However, accidents do happen...
At least there is 1 point that everyone should agree on for UD.
TP the HERO at FULLLL HP...If he is nearly dead then just let him die because there is no other way to heal him....unless there is a fountain of health somewhere. Blight would just take too long to heal him and would probably waste as much time as reviving!

btw what are your guys records?
Mine is 140-135
level 29
Quik.Silver[2k] @ azeroth

ChrisH36

Reaction score
There are very few maps with that. You can really only heal in the night unless you have the men to dominate the creep guarding it early on.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
Luna.. you have already made up your mind it seems. I have pointed out why i think you should TP ur hero out. but, the final decision it's up to you :).

ChrisH36

Reaction score
TP scroll is only worth blowing if you have units that you want and can escape with. Using it too early won't help you in team games when the big armies attack an ally's base. Unless, you scout ahead of time!

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
This debate has been around since the day the game came out.

It's all a matter of opponion. Personally, I'de rather waste the 350g and buy a staff later on, as opposed to letting my hero die, having to wait the 35(I believe) seconds it takes to revive, while giving the enemy hero half a level (level 1) and 35 extra seconds to creep. 1 level can play a huge difference later on in the game, when you're lvl 4 and they're lvl 5, and they have one of the spells they use at lvl 3. It can really hurt you in the longrun.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
^^ Souless said it the best...But sometimes, the army follows you to the base and runs into you while you are healing...for undead this issue is quite different because of healing! I would personally let the level DK die by himself and then revive!
Im not gonna go creeping with a low lifed DK...You could however TP him early...when is life is at max...lol that would solve the problem! but makes another point!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
vbad, I have seen pros say "not worth wasting my tp" and thier hero falls.

by the way, your math and perception of time is flawed. It takes less time to revive a hero then it does to kill a medium creeps. level 1 heros come out in liek 20 seconds, really fast.

plus you assume a level 1 hero that dies doesn't have exp? I have got a lvl 1 DK in to kill wisps and get several kills before trapped. its a trade off to let him die. we both get roughly same exp but he loses wisps. thats an example?

kk im done

ChrisH36

Reaction score
If you die, the only real consequences are:

-You need to pay gold to restore hero, almost the price of a t1 melee unit!
-You give the enemy 100 experience

But you keep your town portal and its not the end of the world!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I would also like to point out to anyone who said the staff. Staff only teleports the hero, no units while TP teleports all ur units. you want to Teleport with staff out, your leaving all your units behind to likely be picked off and die.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You could use the Staff of Teleport to jump to a unit into the battlefield. While the Town Portal needs a Town Hall type structure to port to.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
yah but it is hard to determine where you end up still, and liekly if u use it to tp during a battle in a first palce, chances are your hero shouldn't be any where near the battle.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Same with Town Portalling. The outcome of where you warp can be a determination factor in any battle or defense. Just as base design, angle of attack, losses, the amount of units, the skills of the players and other non-calculatable variables. Plus, Staff can be interrupted. Simple stuns and spell breaks can end his career.