Teleporting a level 1 hero?

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Who of you think that it is worth the tp for a level 1 hero by himself??!?
tp= 350 + healing + risk that enemy will rush to kill your hero
revive = around 150 and QUICKLY COMES OUT + full HP(and mana?? not sure...)

I have seen this in many games even pros ....what do you think?

Not really sure where this thread is supposed to be though...because its not really an elaborate strat...srry

Auron

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I would rather just revive then use a tp.

But then again if your NE you might just use moon wells to heal.
I find that I usally forgot all about my tp scroll, so I end up never using it and just let my hero die.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well, UD have it the worst...lol nothing to heal there hero except blight....hah...the time wasted regeneratingn your heros health could would probably be the time it takes to revive! for UD....

ANy other suggestions?

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
try buying a staff of teleportation, so u will never ( if smart enough, get bolted then use staff.. don use if the enemy hero has a spell to stop channeling prepared ) die in a harass.
AND you can tp you hero everywhere in the map to a friendly sight, each 40 seconds...
and it costs no mana, only 150 gold. nuff said kthx
wasting a tp on a lvl 1 hero is... stupid.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Think about this situational wise.

If you just have a hero all alone, just let him fall and try to kill something before you die. Although you give them 100 experience points, its still not the end of the world. If you command units and they aren't looking good, then you can tp to escape to someone's town and heal up for the next confronation. In that situation, you will give WAY more than 100 exp to the enemy.

But the tp shouldn't be wasted just because you need to run for your sorry life. However, most players micro hard enough to run by foot rather than using thier 350 gold town portal.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
staff of teleportation... staff of teleportation... staff of teleportation... staff of teleportation... staff of teleportation... staff of teleportation...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yes but you can still be Storm Bolted or War Stomped or killed, or Entangle Rooted or Soul Burned. Anything that breaks channels can still cancel the effects of the staff. Against anything else, either run for it or staff yourself out.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well, i am only talking about a level one hero. Because anything higher than that would be more expensive and time consuming! So a staff of teleportation doesnt apply because i think you cant purchase one too early. However, in the long run, the staff is excellent. You can creep with the secondary hero and harass with the primary!

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I would say town portal if you are trapped and you cannot run. As for melee heroes, don't walk into bases and get stuck. Unless, you are so sure of your victory.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
try buying a staff of teleportation, so u will never ( if smart enough, get bolted then use staff.. don use if the enemy hero has a spell to stop channeling prepared ) die in a harass.
AND you can tp you hero everywhere in the map to a friendly sight, each 40 seconds...
and it costs no mana, only 150 gold. nuff said kthx
wasting a tp on a lvl 1 hero is... stupid.
you cant use STaff of Tele when hero is lvl 1.

because yo ucant buy it at that time :p

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
NtRik_ said:
you cant use STaff of Tele when hero is lvl 1.

because yo ucant buy it at that time :p
IS THAT a joke n_?
or maybe, u're a little bit confused
i'm talking about tele staff, not preservation staff...
the one bought at goblin shop, and 15 seconds after the 1st midnight it's available

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, 24:00. The first hero is usually up before sunset, and the real 6-8 rush begins at 9:00 PM. At that point, its easier to micro and keep men alive since you have very few men.

(and mana?? not sure...)
You come back with 25% of the mana you owned. Revive with the Tavern and its 0%, but half your life.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah i dont know how much it cost to revive it...
Oh i never knew that you can buy a staff of tele that early! I thought the goblin shop delays it for a long time! Anyways there are many maps that have no accessible goblin shops early on...like 2 rivers.
But for the others however, a staff of tele is a good investment for single hero harassing...

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
quiksilver87 said:
yeah i dont know how much it cost to revive it...
Oh i never knew that you can buy a staff of tele that early! I thought the goblin shop delays it for a long time! Anyways there are many maps that have no accessible goblin shops early on...like 2 rivers.
But for the others however, a staff of tele is a good investment for single hero harassing...
itsl ess then 350 cost for tp.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Umm dude are you on crack? Its 350 for a tp. 180 + 35(x - 1) for revivning a hero.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
always TP out. A lvl 1 hero gives = 100 XP at 200 xp the hero reaches lvl 2 and he already can consider he has an advantage over u. plus the time he has free to kill creeps while ur hero revives and receives no XP can surely turn the tides in his favor.

If u get surrounded, stuck somewhere.. don't wait for ur hero bar to get red or down to 50 hp.. simply tp and get out.

also buying a scroll of tp can work to replace the used tp.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
here we go,
Let the controversy begin! The advantage is very insignificant. The delay is not very much and neither is 100 XP.
350 is a lot of gold. It is around 2 footmen(370)! U'll be surprised how quickly a level 1 hero gets out if revived exactly when died!

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
heheh well.. the advantage is not insignifiant he is lvl 2 half way to 3 (he creeped an medium orange spot, \\TR, TM).. and u have 0 xp and u just got out.

he comes to ur base.. kills a few wisps (workers) and a low health unit and he is lvl 3 while u still struggle to get to lvl 2. i would say a lvl 2 WE or a lvl 2 wolf.. etc.. its surely signifiant.

No1 can deny the fact wc3 spins around the hero's lvl. if u think a lvl 2, 3 is insignifiant compared with ur lvl 1 hero why boder to get a hero at all? ;).

350 is not that big.. it covers later when u sell a few items dropped at creep.. or expand eventually.