Starcraft II Units

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I would just like to call attention to and remind everyone that Starcraft II unit has been compiled, and is current as of the WWI 2008 not long ago. It is still under construction and I will add in buildings in a few days. Also be aware I will update minor changes as soon as possible, so be aware of small updates indicated on the link in the stickies. Any major build changes like from Blizzcons or the WWI will usually provide more details about changes, so I will update and make a new thread detailing that. You can find the units from the link below, or use my signature.

http://www.battleforums.com/forums/starcraft-2/133039-zerg-units-buildings-updated-31-07-08-a.html

http://www.battleforums.com/forums/starcraft-2/132975-terran-units-buildings-updated-27-07-08-a.html

http://www.battleforums.com/forums/...otoss-units-buildings-updated-27-07-08-a.html

Discussion: For those who haven't been keeping up to date, feel free to review the unit list. Multiple units have been removed and changed frequently. Anyone see the current list, and is disappointed? excited? See something you wish wasn't there? Remember a SCII unit that isn't in anymore and want it back? Discuss here.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
BlizzCon will also be live on DirectTv Subscribers.

Im sad to see the medic go :/

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic, although Terrans get heal pretty late now with the starport being the production for the new medic. Should alter strategies quite a bit.

Thought now I think Medivac will be the central unit to every game, with the whole healing infantry, and transport for tanks and now Thors.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Thors? how many can fit? 1?
i rarely used medics in melee(and i play terran LOOLOL) so its more of a map maker thing

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Thors? how many can fit? 1?
i rarely used medics in melee(and i play terran LOOLOL) so its more of a map maker thing
The Medic and all units not mkaing it into the actual game will still be available in the map/solo parts.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Where did you take this form, Pan ? When I felt bored at work I read the entire SCII web site but all the units are not mentioned there. I guess I should start reading the info about the units here.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
he gets them form other sites. The official page doesnt give a lot nor update what they reveal in Magazine interviews and other media

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
They shrunk the thor also btw, so it may or may not be proportionate to the size of a drop ship for transport.

I got all the info mostly from the new sites coverage of the WWI'08, and some other sources plus the Q&A's and such. took forever to put together, and i'm not really satisfied with it so ill be going over it a bit more in the next few weeks when i have the time.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Is the Mutalisk going to be able to burrow? That's odd.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
^ hey thats actually an interesting idea. mutualisk being able to land and burrow just for safety. Gives another props for zerg utilizing the burrowing even more in sc2.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
right like the korean could actually change mechanics with their fast and insane micros and strat. that be crazy a pro korean sc2 player could miraculously burrow his mutualisk and no one else knows how to do it. and theres no bug and cheats.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
So is the Phase Prism not serving as a transport anymore? Just the Psi-field generator for Warp In?

Another thing I never quite understood: how Warp-In works. I've never heard anything said in a way that clears up my confusion...does the Warp Gate upgrade to the Gateway operate like portals for existing units (i.e: feed them into the Gate and set a destination for them to pop up at) or does it just allow you to set the building's production point to anywhere in a Psi field?

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
heres what i think about the warp in mechanics.

gateway>warpgate. dont know if you can switch back.

you build units in a warpgate (you dont feed them) and when they are ready you need to click anywhere on the map with pylon power to warp them there.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Plausible, and that's how I've gotten the general intent, but that robs the Protoss of a lot of mobility for existing units. As far as I can tell, the Phase Prism does NOT transport units anymore, and there's no mention of any kind of Shuttle. That means existing units would have to walk everywhere.

Are they still doing the system for Protoss where producing units costs energy and then recharges the energy, rather than having a set "build time" where you "click the button and then X seconds later you get a unit?" They were talking about being able to insta-build, but the energy has to replenish before another can be built.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
well the prism works like a shuttle plus you can use its create a pylon field ability to quickly transport your newly produced units from the warpgate below it(phase prism). 2 modes of transportation already there for the toss.

plus stalkers can blink. collosus can climp up on cliffs. leaving only the dark templar, zealot, high templar, immortal, and the probe the units that needs to walk normally.

i dont heard anything about costing energy to create units for the toss.

the protoss unit building mechanics is the same as it was in sc1 but now you can instant transport your gateway(warpgate) units anywhere as long as there is a pylon power field.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Plausible, and that's how I've gotten the general intent, but that robs the Protoss of a lot of mobility for existing units. As far as I can tell, the Phase Prism does NOT transport units anymore, and there's no mention of any kind of Shuttle. That means existing units would have to walk everywhere.

Are they still doing the system for Protoss where producing units costs energy and then recharges the energy, rather than having a set "build time" where you "click the button and then X seconds later you get a unit?" They were talking about being able to insta-build, but the energy has to replenish before another can be built.
Phase prism is basically a shuttle, and moves around all units, even the colossus.

Warp-in works like this: AS soon as you have a Warp Gate you can warp in any unit to any place within the power of a pylon or phase prism. Once a unit is built, that warp gate goes offline for the amount proportionate to the time it would normally take to build that unit (from my understanding, a few seconds less actually, making the warp gate fundamentally important). Once that time is up you can instantly build any other unit, which would then take it off line and etc. Apparently Protoss players can use "w" or some future defined key to instantly select all their warp-gates.