Seeing that they got rid of the dragoon..

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
what else do you think is going to be removed and or replaced? what dont you want to see go?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hydralisk is probably kept, maybe slightly altered. I'm thinking expansioon units will largely be dropped, same with some secondary casters and support units. don't see Vultures making a big come back.

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah...nobody used vultures outside of the campaign, seemed like.

i think the goliath will stick around, and i hope they tighten up the looks of the siege tank....it looks totally gay right now.

devourers need to be gone, and the new rendered mutalisks (if that's what they are in the screenshots) are the most awkward things ever.

Andarthiel

Member!
Reaction score
They didn't get rid of them though.The Immortal is just a new name for the dragoon.They look slightly different but only slightly.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
They didn't get rid of them though.The Immortal is just a new name for the dragoon.They look slightly different but only slightly.
Yep, still have the four legs, but now have a more visable cannon instead of just shooting out of the middle of it.

immortal said:
efore the loss of Aiur, veteran protoss warriors who had been crippled in battle could volunteer to continue their service by being transplanted into dragoon exoskeletons. Now, the dragoons of the past are all but gone. The sacred shrine that was dedicated to the creation of the dragoons was infested by the zerg and lost along with the protoss homeworld itself.

The remaining dragoons have become the immortals, refitted with twin phase disruptors and hardened energy shields that can shrug off the most powerful weapon strikes - though at the cost of leaving them more vulnerable to the pinprick attacks of lesser foes. The heavily armed and shielded immortals give critical fire support to the ferocious legions of zealots by eliminating enemy artillery and ranged attackers, allowing the zealots to close in and complete their work of destruction.

LordNevar

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.valhallalegends.com
I can see Dark Archons being dropped.*
I hope not, I will miss Mind Control :(, nuttin like being able to control all the races at the same time.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I can see the Valkyrie either getting renamed and revamped. The Valkyrie never worked half the time anyways.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Valkyrie sucked.

Vultures should stay because they rape Zealots faces. I'm just thinking from a balance perspective.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Valkyrie was actually rather good. Just didn't work well because of not enough sprites, that's all...

The concept is fine.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and if they take out vultures, of course they arn't going to add a unit that would take it's place as more useful.

I'm thinking Goliath will end up more mechish.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
The Goliath might end up being alot bigger than usual. Check out the siege tanks, they're ****ing huge now.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Dark Archons don't offer too much strategic power and they are expensive - which is why they need a giant makeover or be dropped.*
Mate, there is one reason I love Dark Archons so freaking much:

Feedback.

That alone is more than enough to make them worth their price.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm serious when I say for the most part Expansion units don't translate well to sequels. there is a reason they only ended up in the expansion. Secondary importance units. Except I do see medics making a return.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I can also see the Lurker and the Dark Templar staying there.

The Corsair, however, will probably be replaced by the Warprey.

The expansion units won't disappear, they'll just be replaced.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I think the Lurker will return. That unit ripped holes in the enemy. It was a beast. And the fear Lurker 619 drop was intense!

LordNevar

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.valhallalegends.com
Dark Archon has it's ups and downs, but was useful as hell. Dark Templars are just diesel, I doubt they will be going anywhere. So hopefully if they keep Dark Templars than Dark Archons will get to stay :)