Reaction score
Complaints

-graphics, looks like WC3, C&C MOD, and those 3D renderings done by some guy
Too bright
Units too chunky, looks like fisher price toys
-Gameplay
Units are kind stupid
They just stood there and fired, and got fired at
I expected marines to be running under cover and calling commands to eachother, throwing grenades, and zerglings intelligently flanking enemies, not that i was a game with less skill, i want to see units with special behavior

Overall, seeing the preview was orgasmic but not as I expected after a 9 year wait.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Complaints

Too bright
-Gameplay
Units are kind stupid
I expected marines to be running under cover and calling commands to eachother, throwing grenades, and zerglings intelligently flanking enemies, not that i was a game with less skill, i want to see units with special behavior

Overall, seeing the preview was orgasmic but not as I expected after a 9 year wait.
Making a game where every units are unique in their own way (i.e. marines yelling commands, throwing grenades etc..) would require alot of...

err it would just be too hard to accomplish i would think...

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
each unit would require an AI, and that requires increased processing power. Unless you're holding out on a super processor no one else has, i dont think that is going to happen.

AP

Custom User Title
Reaction score
they did it in company of heroes

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Company of heroes also doesn't have the 1000+ units a SC game will probably end up with.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
It will be hard to get back to the 24/7 gaming back in the good days because of the life I found between the last time I played StarCraft 1 and the announcement of StarCraft 2. The gap between these two games are dangerously huge. You're going to get the older, late teens, hardcore, gamers from SC1 coming back to SC2 and then get the newcomers.
IMO.

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Regardless, pretty much anyone who has ever played a computer game since Pong knows about the starcraft series, and hoards of people will undoubtedly gravitate to this game when it's released.

let the obligatory blizzard over-hype begin!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Units are kind stupid
Mate, how can you judge a game for the gameplay trailers? Those aren't made by koreans :p

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Complaints

Too bright
-Gameplay
Units are kind stupid

I don't like the graphics myself. They too, seem like WC3 in a way. Blocky, and TOO shiny and bright. I understand Toss being like that. I really do, but NOT Terran and NOT Zerg.
They have a lot of work to do, this is their Alpha phase and we all read (if you're a hardcore SC fan) the Evolution of SC. Many changes could, and probably will happen.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I concur they are WCIII ish, but they arn't terrible

and as far as I know, they are probably still in pre-Aplpha, making transition to an Alpha testing period.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Why does a game need ****ing fantastic graphics to be good? They look 10x better than WC3's graphics. It looks alot sharper and everything is blocky because it's space-age. Cry more newbs.

Bret, did you even play original SC?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
on second thoughts, I like the look of it more as i watch the gameplay footage.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I actually like the graphics. Yeah, they may look WCIIIish, but the only reason for that is because it's freaking 3D! I have no idea how you guys would do it any diferent. Besides, the game's polished, too.

Btw, on www.starcraft2.com:

#
# An all-new 3D engine that supports fast-paced play with realistic physics, massive units, and massive army sizes
Not WCIII.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
THEY DON'T LOOK WC3-ISH!

You jerks are just jumping on some retarded bandwagon. They look totally ****ing different. EVEN BLIND FREDDY KNOWS THEY DON'T LOOK SIMILAR.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
That's what I said, the only reason they can look WCIIIish is because it's 3D. Otherwise, there is absolutely nothing else that makes hem look WCIII.