SC2 Omg, I hope they improve it a lot

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I've been poring over the low-quality gameplay vids on YouTube, and have come to one particular conclusion.

Nydus Worms ****ing own.

I'm going to abuse the **** out of that. I can tell you right now.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
How do the nydus worms work? Do they have to be x distance from a nydus canal or what?

T3h Sorrow

"Best ***s on the forum"
Reaction score
It will be hard to get back to the 24/7 gaming back in the good days because of the life I found between the last time I played StarCraft 1 and the announcement of StarCraft 2. The gap between these two games are dangerously huge. You're going to get the older, late teens, hardcore, gamers from SC1 coming back to SC2 and then get the newcomers.
IMO.

holy shit he is back :O! i was looking at your old SC post.... i read alot of things you said and learned :D

I like the graphics, if it was too realistic, then you would need more ram and shit.

I've been poring over the low-quality gameplay vids on YouTube, and have come to one particular conclusion.

Nydus Worms ****ing own.

I'm going to abuse the **** out of that. I can tell you right now.
im thinking of dropping WoW to play this, given it doesnt req online fee.....

AP

Custom User Title
Reaction score
WEll its gonna need destructive environments for sure, or atlast your able to interact with you enviorment. Example, i saw a dropship in a hanger in the demo.

Make it hi-jackable, better than just a doodad, or make it so u can store units there. Kinda pointless but cool

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
not the most original idea in the world, a la C&C, but still cool nonetheless.

I want to see what the new improved hydralisk looks like.

hopefully it won't be as chunky as the way it's rendered in WC3.

WW2R

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
let me first say that i am extreamly excited about this game. i have waited 9 years for this game and i cant wait to play it. that being said i liked the graphic style in orignal sc better. although they graphics are infinatley cleaner and more detailed, starcraft had a completely different style. things looked more "real" where here they look more cartoonish. i liked to dark dinged up dirty look of the old sc better. its going to take a bit of getting used to.

i'm also a little worried about the way the have it balanced... i know it was just a demo but it seems like its becoming too rock paper scissors like. in the orgiginal sc there were a "thousand ways to skin a ling" but now its starting to look like everything is too speacialized where 1 type of unit doesnt stand a chance in hell against certian units. sc had more flexibitlity. of course like i said this was just a demo and i'm sure they plan on doing a lot more work on balancing the game. after all thats what starcraft was most famous for; being the most balanced game on the planet despite the extreame differences in the race.

keep your fingers crossed boys!!!!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The demo is mostly to showcase the rendered units, and the new units and not so much to showcase game play. Plus it is still in Pre-Alpha. There is still Alpha Testing, and probably a Beta testing period. SCII has a ways to go. Anything seen now is hardly an example of the final product.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
let me first say that i am extreamly excited about this game. i have waited 9 years for this game and i cant wait to play it. that being said i liked the graphic style in orignal sc better. although they graphics are infinatley cleaner and more detailed, starcraft had a completely different style. things looked more "real" where here they look more cartoonish. i liked to dark dinged up dirty look of the old sc better. its going to take a bit of getting used to.

i'm also a little worried about the way the have it balanced... i know it was just a demo but it seems like its becoming too rock paper scissors like. in the orgiginal sc there were a "thousand ways to skin a ling" but now its starting to look like everything is too speacialized where 1 type of unit doesnt stand a chance in hell against certian units. sc had more flexibitlity. of course like i said this was just a demo and i'm sure they plan on doing a lot more work on balancing the game. after all thats what starcraft was most famous for; being the most balanced game on the planet despite the extreame differences in the race.

keep your fingers crossed boys!!!!
I do agree with you, but I trust Blizzard StarCraft dev teams on this.

At least it's not the same dev team as WoW. So it should be good.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
this is no where near like warcraft 3 wtf
QFT would read again. It looks like the old starcraft with better graphics, gameplay options, and new units/maps. If it was like warcraft 3 it would have heroes.

please help me :(

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Units are kind stupid
They just stood there and fired, and got fired at
agreed
in my opinion,they should make it more realistic.
first of all,marines shouldn't be allowed to attack space ships with their tiny machine guns... that is ridiculous :crazy: .
secondly,battlecruisers should be very large and have anti fighters turrets and the ability to fire at the enemy while the battlecruisers are moving.
finally,fighters should be moving while they attack.

starcraft 2 sucks.

WW2R

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the one feature that i didnt see that i was really hoping for was for larger ships to have hardpoint targets like in Empire at war. for those of you dont know this was a system where you could target individual parts of large capital ships. for example you could target the engines and when they were damaged/ destroyed the ships would move slower/ stop or you could take out weapons.... you get the idea. i found that it worked out really well in EAW and would have liked to see it in sc2. it adds another dimension to the battles and your microing

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
In homeworld 2 they had those fighters flying and moving while they fought, but I thought it got annoying because half the time they couldn't ****ing hit each other.

I'd rather have them stay still.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
the one feature that i didnt see that i was really hoping for was for larger ships to have hardpoint targets like in Empire at war. for those of you dont know this was a system where you could target individual parts of large capital ships. for example you could target the engines and when they were damaged/ destroyed the ships would move slower/ stop or you could take out weapons.... you get the idea. i found that it worked out really well in EAW and would have liked to see it in sc2. it adds another dimension to the battles and your microing
and yet Empire at War sucked.

Imagine

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I think it overcomplicates things, personally. Micro isn't about hitting a Marine's rear end, but hitting the Marine without taking too much damage.*

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
They could always add heroes. It would be totally unlike SC, but they might try anything.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Why on earth would i want to do that? That's just ****ing annoying.