SC2 Omg, I hope they improve it a lot

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
All you guys are talking about "heroes..." What's that supposed to mean? I mean, I would assume you meant tougher versions of other units with individual stats and personalities, and sometimes additional abilities...

Like Kerrigan, Infested Kerrigan, Raynor, Tassadar, Gantrithor, Zeratul...

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I've never played WCIII, but does Starcraft not already HAVE heroes?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
All you guys are talking about "heroes..." What's that supposed to mean? I mean, I would assume you meant tougher versions of other units with individual stats and personalities, and sometimes additional abilities...

Like Kerrigan, Infested Kerrigan, Raynor, Tassadar, Gantrithor, Zeratul...

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I've never played WCIII, but does Starcraft not already HAVE heroes?
heroes as in WCIII as in they start off at level 1 with about the same stats as a regular tier 1 unit with a spell. After killing a certain amount of units(Every unit in the game have a preset level to determine how much EXP for each kill, based on availability to build, and how strong), they gain a level, and get stat increases and 1 spell point to place in any of their three spells. By level 5-6 they are the equivalent of a tier 3 unit, and in essence this is around 20-30 minutes in, and the game is about to end. Heroes receive one ultimate spell which they can spend their spell point on once. Despite what most starcraft players might say, Heroes didn't win any game, they don't kill whole armies, and they are not and never were all powerful making an army useless. Four races, 4 heroes each, plus a tavern to purchase 8 heroes. This required strategy what 3 heroes you build, and how those benefit the unit types you were planning on building. 4 unique spells per hero. SC "heroes" were nothing compared to WCIII heroes.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I actually kinda like that idea. I think it'd be groovy to have the Hero concept in SC...I mean, being able to call Artanis, Zeratul, Infested Kerrigan, the Hyperion...that'd be pretty sweet! Even if they were just the equivalents of the campaign versions, but expensive and limited to one of each per game...that'd be cool.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I wouldn't. There are more units on a Starcraft map which make auras potentially more devastating than it needs to be.

Plus it's not original.*

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
WCIII was developed one way, SC another. two different gameplay styles. We like it that way.