Power Outages?

Kamikaze

Respected Member
Reaction score
14 hours... thats it?
during the last ice storm we had this winter, our province lost power for 4 days and the power in our city was out for 5.

-edit
stop making threads about this, we have 3 already that i know of and i have merged 3 to create this one and i merged 2 to create another.

Jen-Jen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I hear that places like Cleveland don't even have running water because of the black outs. And if terrorist did bomb something, I'm sure Americans and Canadans wouldn't be whining.

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

My first reaction when I saw this picture on TV was "Great, at least a couple of americans finaly woke up to their sense and realised that Canada was a better place to live. Better now than never."

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Power Blackouts aren't such a big deal in my place. We are used to it. We get it once in three months. I love it coz I get to play in the dark or go out and see all the stars come out. So if that happens just make the best of it by doing what you've always wanted to do in the dark which brought me to a question. What did you do during the power outages?:D

raDixGhost

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.gamers2k4.com
depends if its in the morning and in summer pool or just get a cold place to hang out. If its at night wip out a some instruments get some friends and chill outside. And if its in winter do nothing:rolleyes:

Rock_on

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by EpidemiK
I play on a laptop so power outages aren't a problem for me. :D
yea but your battary only lasts a couple hours or soo.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Im in ohio wit swooper but am northern ohio..
I lost power for about 6-7 hours and it messed my cable modem up lol

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Originally posted by Black~Enthusiasm
In the past 50 year, there was 3 power failliur in new york, with one of them lasting as much as 2 or 3 days.

And thx for the welcome, aswell for the total lack of sense of humour you`ve displayed ;) :D
Sense...of...humour? What is this... "sense of humour"?

lol

In any case, I was responding to a joke with a joke. I guess I just can't take or recieve jokes to well... Oh well, like I actually care.

About your last picture... It kinda looks like NY to me... It doesn't look like any Canadian city on the border that I know of. Mind telling me where that is? FYI: I'm not very good at geography, anyway. So I won't be surprised if I got the city way off.

Neo112

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
how did the power outages happen n e one kno?? i just heard it on the news sooo can some 1 fill me in??:wavey :unlucky

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
They are still investigating. They know it wasn't one of the major power plants, but they believe it was likely a bottleneck type thing. When demand has a sudden surge, a transmitor (one of the big can sometimes see driving down the highway) can overload. They will likely be investigating this as they make reports and investigation for modernization. We'll know when they find out, likely through Bush. A report of this magnitude will likely go through the President, first.

xXSMGXx

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A little bit of my side of the story:

4:30pm - A major Blackout in Toronto, including many regions which are far north and south including Niagara.

5:00pm - Downtown goes offline, thousands of people get stuck in subways,elevators,street cars. Street lights, cell phone cervices are also offline. High rise building dont have water supply anymore because water pumps are offline.

6:00pm - All of Toronto and close areas are without power, a rush hour starts and all hell breaks loose on the streets, example: random people directing traffic on major intersections because of lack of police. All food and other stores are closed.

9:00pm - Darkness Falls ! All you can see is high rise building with no light, crazed asian people buying batteries like crazy, stupid people trying to show off their Subwoofer/Neon Light Cars, Police on Horses and bikes. No street Lights, people with flashlights desperately trying to "walk/crawl" home.

Next Day the power was resumed at 3:00 pm.

I hope you guys realise how dependant we are on electricity and how easy it is to disorgonize a nation.

Iths not funny, period.

Tewan

Member!
Reaction score
I'm here in texas, hope it doesn't come down here :rolleyes:. If it does, oh well, I have my laptop :D . WAIT! No internet ><, maybe I should get a wireless internet or something other than this stupid dial-up. Oh well.

Warg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the power ottage ht when i was in new york last a day and a half man that sucked and then the next day my mom calls me on the phone and syas my comps ****ed up says soon as i go online there has been security alert and shuts down retsrats every time but happened to my sis's comp to and my mom's comps at work supposel maybe the internet provider

scatjoe

Member!
Reaction score
i know how to fix that, instant message me at jattmoseph, and ill tell you how, or just pm me

Kitty

Reaction score
I heard that it was caused by lightning, apparantly a powerplant on the USA side of Niagara got hit by lightning and it overloaded. And then it started a chain reaction. =_=;;

I was at Kawartha Lakes at the time, where we didn't get any blackouts. We were at a cottage cut off from the world - we didn't even have a boat to get on the other side of the lake, which isthe only way to get out from there...Imagine, if the power went out in there, we wouldn't be able to cook, since the stove runs on electricity, and we wouldn't be able to get any water, since the pump which works on electricity couldn't pump t in...o_O The horrors of blackouts. *shudders*

However, by the time I got back, the power was back on all over Toronto & the area, including my home, so, yay. ^_^

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Gah. It's so annoying every 5mn they do news reports on it. The powers out. What the hell else do we need to know.

-Sakuhta