Power Outages?

Rock_on

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sybillium
Na, it ain't bombs. The Grid overloaded by the simaltaionus flush of every toilet in a 200 mile radius! No, j/k, it did over load though, and they think it's spreading accross america now, like a shockwave for something. So New York, Pennsilvania, Michigan, and Ohio are out of power.
im glad i have my nice big powerfull generators :p

Rock_on

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have one, its mad at me and hinding somewhere in my closet. i cant find it :/

LordSlippy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
[glow=blue]i think u guys r being paranoid.....i really dont think they have anything to do with it....but then again they might.....and if they r...then they've acually learned a few new things.....Altho how could you connect the iraq/terrorists to this? is there any link between them??? if its true what your saying....then why wouldnt they make the things more severe...

oh and this should be in the arcane santuary

oh and i have to say that i think the terrorists have NOTHING to do with the virus.....but thats just what i think... [/glow]

raDixGhost

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.gamers2k4.com
yea there should be like a rule " If you dont like a thread dont post in it unless ur in Asylum"

Did u guys hear about those pakistanians who stole money from Us Banks/Other banks too. I mean i think they have enough money preserved to find some good programers and use them.

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Belongs in chit chat, moving it there =)

As for me in cincinnati, the news says power outages have been reported, but as you can tell, my power is working perfecly fine =). And I doubt the people experiancing a loss of power will be able to tell us.

raDixGhost

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.gamers2k4.com
i got like a 2 second loss lol. I thought i had that worm but then i realized my tv went out too. I live in ct like 90 miles from ny.(manhattan)(110 from long island)

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
FYI: Similar incident in 1965 (or thereabouts).

System outages happen, that's life. Just be glad that they don't occur very often.

Official word from Homeland Security: "Not Terrorist Related"

They don't know what plant failed, but they know it wasn't a major one.

It's unlikely that it will spread anymore, either. The NE stystem is just overloaded. I'm in the SE system.

I think this is just overinflation of a rather minor event. True it's good that the National Guard has been called in, but power loss is a minor thing. I'd like to know what caused the power grid to fail though.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Har har har I just had one myself 14 hours from you lot in the US. Lightning strike right next to my home hit the cable, w00t w00t and they had problems wondering what happened.

But yours in the US, that's quite a few states. But hey, lucky you weren't here. It was raining so lots of mosquitoes, and so damn hot I could have sweated to death. Man! 3 hours.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It just stopped raining hard here. I'm surprised I didn't lose electricity from increment weather. It happens... Major outages, however, don't occur very often (as you can tell by the year given as the last major one).

Neptunez

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.3osoft.com
Europe for ever! And i don't know exactly what happened to u guys - if there is a power-outage, maybe it was a hacker :p

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Theorie about the blackout.

Just picture this : Pm Jean Chretien, in his canadian war room, is maniacal, lunatic face illuminated by the red glar of a Map World on a giant screen.

Excellent, the east coast as fallent. Comander!, lets move to the second phase of operation Maple Darkness : cut the electricity of NORAD, the others secret military bases, all nuclear silos, and all of continental america.

Now, it is to our friends of the European Union to move swifly...

[now, picture french and german paratropers stroming all major east coast cities]

BTW, im back! So, whats new, in what kind of shape are the forums? who is there to flame ???

Neptunez

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.3osoft.com
There is Rix to flame :p and your little theory sounds cool (pictureing the French paratroopers storming all major east coast cities) :D - although pretty unbelievable...

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
French? Yeah... That'd be the day... Germans I'd believe could get within five miles with our National Guard in there, now, and Coast Guard at, pretty much, full alert. The French? Nope, unless they're on German planes with German guns and German training raised in Germany and... You get the point. The French haven't had a decent military since the 1800s. Besides... They don't have any reason, or want, to.

Come to think of it... Most military installations that I know run on a seperate power grid, anyway. Norad is likely it's own Nuclear Power Plant, too.

Oh, and B~E, GO TO THE AS!! IT'S BEEN BORING WITHOUT YOU!! Then again, you'll probably barf at some of the annoying, stupid stuff in there (or bring a real party :p)!

Interesting theory, though it holds no water. Stuff like this happens. I made a reference to an incident in the mid-late '60s in another thread. This isn't even the most severe grid failure we've had, come to think of it.

Welcome back, B~E!! :D

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
In the past 50 year, there was 3 power failliur in new york, with one of them lasting as much as 2 or 3 days.

And thx for the welcome, aswell for the total lack of sense of humour you`ve displayed ;) :D

Misterwhippy

Member!
Reaction score
My mom used to live in new york, She has experenced those blackouts before. My dad's up there now, cant even get though on his cell. And you cant flame RiX he just flames back, like an impenatrable wall of flame.