Photoshop Help Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

PunkGo

Member!
Reaction score
hey...thx white angel....i jus played wit it fer a few mins....pretty nice...

PunkGo

Member!
Reaction score
and thx AXL.....

both really awesome tutorials/talented people....thx alot!!!!

PunkGo

Member!
Reaction score
jus a quick question: In adobe... how do u center some text err something?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Center for the whole picture? I think all you need to do is cut it out, then paste it back in.

Dirty[elf]

Premium Member
Reaction score
ok... lets say i want to make text on any background... but for this one i choose metal... which i can make
i write the text... how do i make it look like its embedded in the "metal"?

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You're using PS, so I'm not sure all the commands, but here's a general concept: First you might want to do a buttonize filter on the background to make it stand out more. Then select your text and do a cutout filter. I tried that in PSP and it looked like what you're describing. Sorry I can't help with PS though.

And I have a PS question: Every time I start up my PS it tells me that my moniter's colors are wrong. So I run Adobe Gamma, set it right, and save the settings. When I restart my computer though it reverts back to the old settings. Any way to fix that?

PunkGo

Member!
Reaction score
angel...how did u get those things on the top and bottom of ur sig to kinda curve

Rock_on

Premium Member
Reaction score
After ive downloaded a font where do i put it so i can use it with PhotoShop 7.0

PunkGo

Member!
Reaction score
Ok guys....say u had a 200x200 pixel pic... now there was a 100x100 like l;ets say a logo of some sort...or just a pic...now u downloaded it off the web...how would u just select the 100x100 pic inside the 200x200 image???without using the lasso tools!!!ive tried...tis too hard lol

PunkGo

Member!
Reaction score
well...theres not really a specified pic..ive jus been wandering how to do it for awhile ok but when ya do this can u tell me how u would put it on a full transparent background...i thought of that but wouldnt the color of the background ON the image ur trying to get the 100x100 pic on still be there...cause its part of the pic right?

PunkGo

Member!
Reaction score
yes...but how whould u take the 100/100 pic out of the 200/200 pic???there all the same img...and u didntr make it in photoshop so u cant get it out...

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Or use extract. Either way would work.

Dirty[elf]

Premium Member
Reaction score
hey guys, me and punkgo spent like 2 hours on this last night, the actual making of it wasnt hard, we just tried to shrink it and make it transparent... i want it as my avvy... if someone could tell me how to make the white part in my avvy transparent or just do it for me then explain, but u have to keep it under 15k so i can use it as my avatar... thanks

edit... well i kinda fixed it but now it looks crappy... hmmm any help? :(

PunkGo

Member!
Reaction score
AH HAH!!! I figured out how to align something perfectly in the document....ok whut u gots to do is...click on the background layer, and lock the layers with the things in u wanted aligned then goto Layer>Aligned Link> then select ur prefrences...if u need help...yall know my AIM sn

PunkGo

Member!
Reaction score
..yea klike if u want a pic directly in center or on top left ect..u could do that

Rock_on

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ojk i made an image with atransparent background, why won it save transparent?

Status
Not open for further replies.