O~ Are trolls useless?

FallenFootman

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.warcraftmaps.com
headhunters are good for killing units but not knights or footmen or ghouls or stuff like that like mages and weaker units. They are ok for killing buildings. Headhunters are the first anti air for orc so they are kinda valuable. I dont really use troll docters.

FallenFootman

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.warcraftmaps.com
Originally posted by havocidal
i agree... tauren is pretty useless actually.... they r just some nice meat shield... just like the adom... and archers can own them with ease...

anyway i think HH can be quite impt in elf battles... the archer/dott or archer/dryad combo is gettin common now... if u use chunky units like grunts the dott will send them flying into the air...
Yes i dont use taurens or the tauren heroes they are so slow....only good for taking buildings

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Double double posting: Havocidal and FallenFootman.....

HH aren't too good at attacking buildings. Grunts do that while I use HH to hit annoying things.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
u need HH to win dryads/archer combo.... of course with the help of the friendly shaman...

as for hunt/dryads wyverns would make the most sense

Vash Stampide

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by havocidal
i agree... tauren is pretty useless actually.... they r just some nice meat shield... just like the adom... and archers can own them with ease...

anyway i think HH can be quite impt in elf battles... the archer/dott or archer/dryad combo is gettin common now... if u use chunky units like grunts the dott will send them flying into the air...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tarns with shamys, docs and TC with endurance aura unbeatable even for archers it always work for me. :shoot

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
But slowness is a real weakness. I could shoot you down with Dryads and Archers easily before you even reached me..... and you'll have to contend with my DH as well.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
ya ttz e prob wif orcs... an army of sorcs with archmage can own an orc army even without any polymorph by juz slowing and casting blizzard

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
on the other hand... the orc can get wyverns way faster than gryphs... and if done right... the enemy's archmage is gonna pay for it after being purged... oh and some lightning shield would be nice... i guess now humans/orcs are pretty much balanced in 1.06...

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by SmasherMaster
In WC2, trolls are good! :D Haven't got WC3 so can't tell you
I still thought the Elven Rangers were better. Fully upgraded, those guys did some monster damage. :D

Hard to micro effectively in that game, though, so I'd sometimes end up getting a few of my Rangers and Mages killed. But hey, that combo hurt like hell. :D

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
yes, the problem with them is their slow attack speed. and you need some meat to protect them. if u can pull that of, they aren't that bad i guess.

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the only thing that ive EVER used trolls for is creeping when im teching to wyvs because they upgrade the same- other than that they die so fast that theyre pointless

LiQuiD-OnE

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
trolls suck in every aspect...period

low hp -1 area of effect spell and they're screwed

slow attack speed -pretty good damage but the speed ... :(

run slow -omg have you seen them run?