O~ Are trolls useless?

Threeboy

Reaction score
Website
www.threeboy.com
are trolls useless?

I get the severe beatdown when usign them. Are they good with anything? good defending form anything?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
are we talking about troll headhunters? cause the last patches killed them. they are no longer worth the time effort and gold.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I said it b4. headhunters don't do amazing damage, and their attack speed has been reduced.

I used to have a wicked strat with em' and shamans. then blizzard comes along and kills the HH and the shaman. I think it was in seperate patches, but both were pretty much killed.

Reaction score
Website
www.crimsonfold.com
They are ok but not good really in mass I don't think personally.

If you want some extra damage and some range get a few. Just to quickly kill some running heros or maybe hit some casters or something that your melee can't reach. Besides that I think they suck even with melee someone can just go around behind them and slaughter em.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
To be honest, HH are the only really decent thing, besides the more expensive Wyvern, thing to hit Air, but Purging Air also works with Sham, I suppose.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6
To be honest, HH are the only really decent thing, besides the more expensive Wyvern, thing to hit Air, but Purging Air also works with Sham, I suppose.
HH are weak, they are useless. but you can get em quick and the heal quick also, so i suppose they migh be of some use. I still say wyverns are better AA

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Are Trolls useless? Of course they're useless! All they do day in and day out is spew in inane amount of spam and flood message boards with their crap and- Oh, you're not talking about message board trolls? Whoops, sorry... :eek:

Ok, seriously now. I suppose they are. What they can do, OMC seems to do quite as well. There's really not much point to making them, actually...

I should also make note that I'm not a true Orc player and that even when I do play as Orc, I rarely use HHs.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Well, 1.02 I think knocked them out straight, with 350HP and less dmg and slower atk spd, but, well, I don't know how they would fare in the long term.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
i agree that HH suck in most cases but i think itx the only counter against hippogryph riders as wyverns r gonna be badly owned by them...

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Threeboy
orcs need some goddamn anti air though.... why did they get such a downgrade in that department :(
Its all a balance issue- if they had a great anti-air unit, then they would own everyone due to their amazing melee

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
but honestly... how r u gonna counter Hipp riders... ensnare is pretty good but the problem is they are large armour and hipp riders are owned by HH... also now that 1.06 has beefed shamans alot... u can haf fun with shamans with itx almost unlimited mana

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
and in the exp they get a troll beserker !? another useless unit!
orc will never be good in the air but they tottaly own the ground with tauren! BOOOOM tauren own heroz

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Taurens don't own ground, what ever you say. To me, seeing a Tauren = a 1300HP mass of fat which my Archers can deal as much damage as a Tauren deals. 45 Damage for a Tauren, 40 for an Archer, and they're faster as well!

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
i agree... tauren is pretty useless actually.... they r just some nice meat shield... just like the adom... and archers can own them with ease...

anyway i think HH can be quite impt in elf battles... the archer/dott or archer/dryad combo is gettin common now... if u use chunky units like grunts the dott will send them flying into the air...