Just to clear something out

Status
Not open for further replies.

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the most impressive thing ive seen from russia is their su37. but americas gettin their f22's and its stealth.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes, but it only means that after one of your plains hits as then we gonna now there your plains are, and we will be able to attack.

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
in an all out dogfight i think the migs and su37s would win, but the american planes can hit and run before you ever see them.

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The thing is, the stealth would sneak up and blow the crap out of the MiGs before the MiGs even knew what hit them. And once we hit, we disappear. The MiGs would never even get a lock on the stealth

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What exactly is that stealth fighter? I dont think it can just come out of nothere undetected by radars and dissapear into thin air.
Besides, Russian air force is not gonna send their plains somethere to fight someone then no one knows there exactly that someone is located. And besides we just do a radio and satelite blockade on the sector, remember those Russian satelite blocking things US found in Iraq, well that was just old crap new once have much more power. Beides if it will be all open war, then we gonna have anti aircraft launching sites all over the country, only one will need to get a lock. And if you dont have a radar and the radio connection with ground, you want know there to go, making it easier for a rocket to get a lock.

Here is the Su-37 link, check out the radar part of it.

http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/su37/

We get u on that radar, missiles automatically lock, all the pilot has to do is push the button.

This is a stupid thing to discuss anyway, there is no war between our countries, and then i am assuming there is i feel like i am provocating you.

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Flying at night, the stealth bombers did not get shot down once over bagdad. If you cant see them, you can't get a lock. They are basically invisible

EDIT-

About the radar, you see the thing about stealth is it can't be picked up by radar, so it kind of nuetralizes the targeting system doesnt it?

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Iraq and RF, 2 different things, Iraq can be invaded by almost anyone, the invasion of Russia can only be attempted by few.
We have more guns we have more territory, and we actulally have guided missiles unlike Iraq and radar doesnt care if its day or night, pilot sees the light on his panel pushes the button, and the automatic locking system does the rest of the job, if supported with satelite block then our and not only ours but any air force will smash anyone into peaces

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Were talking flying over at night. You can randomly machine guns, but you can't just randomly shoot missles. You have no target to lock onto, you can't shoot it down

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Its all authomatic, radar sees u it locks on to you, and how can you shoot an aircraft that flies with more then of speed of a sound with machine gun? Radar sends a signal, signal bounces of the objects and Radar knows that the object is there, then it finds that out it automatically turns on the locking system and shows the pilot that there is a UFO somethere close. UFO means undentified flying object and it applies to the given situation, i am not talking about allience

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I take it you don't know how stealth technology works. This site explains it for you: http://www.howstuffworks.com/question69.htm

Stealth is invisible to radar, and if a black plane is flying at night, it will also be invisible to the eye.

You have no way of locking on to the target via radar.

As for the machine guns shooting down a supersonic plane, their are gattling guns that shoot more than fast enough.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well you have a point there, but steal if someone drops a bomb the location of an airplane can be aproximated, and if it cant than just make the air burn in the radius of 2 killometers.

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
They tried that in bagdad, no US bombers were shot down. Just spraying the sky blindly is very ineffective.

But lets get back on topic, lets not talk about the US stealth bombers, but instead 1 on 1.

Russian MiGs vs US Raptors.

Here is the official site for the F-22, it guarantees air dominance, and tells why.

http://www.f22-raptor.com/domin.html

This aircraft combines stealth design with the supersonic, highly maneuverable, dual-engine, long-range requirements of an air-to-air fighter, and it also will have an inherent air-to-ground capability, if needed. The F-22’s integrated avionics gives it first-look, first-shot, first-kill capability that will guarantee U.S. air dominance for the next three decades.
(the link says more)

Reaction score
Okay, ive read through from when i left to now, A) IF america went to war with russia, it would have to be one damn good reason to actually do so. America did not go into wwI untill about 2-3 years into the war because it wanted to be neutral. In wwII, america didnt get into the war again untill later into the war. So they wont get into a BIG war for no reason. Iraq was just police action pretty much. B) If america did have war with Russia, the whole UN more than likely would either break apart or allege with america for several reasons.
C) Russia has an air force, yes, but by the time our stealth bombers were bombing, several hundred thousand fighters would come out of the mist pretty much, and these pretty planes have some of the top radar systems in the world. they can practically shoot the wings off a fly blindfolded. So Russia's airforce gets wiped fast, Russia's navy would be wiped clean, the US Navy is the largest navy in the world. More than enough subs would carry ground to air missiles and wipe out any coastal bases. D) Okay, i admit, invading Russia would be a BITCH, but it is possible. We have little things called BlackHawks, and when tanks need them, they call them in and the hawks flank the enemy tanks and wipe them out.

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
C), yes America would win in the air and sea.

D) Blackhawks are transport helicopters, if tanks need support to wipe out other tanks they would have to call in Commanches

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by LawrenceOfArabia
Okay, ive read through from when i left to now, A) IF america went to war with russia, it would have to be one damn good reason to actually do so. America did not go into wwI untill about 2-3 years into the war because it wanted to be neutral. In wwII, america didnt get into the war again untill later into the war. So they wont get into a BIG war for no reason. Iraq was just police action pretty much. B) If america did have war with Russia, the whole UN more than likely would either break apart or allege with america for several reasons.
C) Russia has an air force, yes, but by the time our stealth bombers were bombing, several hundred thousand fighters would come out of the mist pretty much, and these pretty planes have some of the top radar systems in the world. they can practically shoot the wings off a fly blindfolded. So Russia's airforce gets wiped fast, Russia's navy would be wiped clean, the US Navy is the largest navy in the world. More than enough subs would carry ground to air missiles and wipe out any coastal bases. D) Okay, i admit, invading Russia would be a BITCH, but it is possible. We have little things called BlackHawks, and when tanks need them, they call them in and the hawks flank the enemy tanks and wipe them out.
I said that i dont like talking about US and Russia going at war, i said that already. I know it is possible to invade us and US is one of the few countries who can do it, but still no one knows what will happen if something like this realy does occur. I just know that Russia will fight to the last of its men agaisnt any nation.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"That site even says Robert Oppen. didnt event it. As for the hungarian, he made contributions toward the bomb, but in no means invented it." sorry ive posted so late but i swear ive already replied to this = / it was mostly foreigns that made the MAJOUR breakthroughs. And you are talking about aircraft well heres some info.... The harrier is still the only plane capable of verticle take-off though ofc british and american are working on the joint-striker that one of the 3 designs will be similar to the harrier. yes 3 deigns.. all very similar in frame ect one will be designed for the NAVY very short take-offs one fighter and one bomber/fighter. btw they arnt completely undectable the 117b can be dectected by a heat signature when there gone (which means from the exhaust of the aircraft)and they cant use radar without being detected. The british are devolping some sort of stealth craft that its stealth will be unmatachable called the Xcraft it has been under delopment for 10 years but that is all im privelleged to know =/. BTW the euro fighter is easily a match for the f22

Status
Not open for further replies.