Just to clear something out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
many of you might think that i hate US, this is not true i think US is a good nation, all that i am saying is that Russia and US have 2 deifferent cultures, and we will never understand each other, US is run on money i know cause i lived there and Russia is run on patriotism, courage, and human spirit that is the truth and the only truth( then i am saying ran i am not saying politically, cause yes i agree Russian government is screwed up, someone just has to clean up in there and Russia will be great again)

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
otmorosok

Originally posted by sprucegoose
i guess i agree but the us has plenty of patriotism courage and huma spirit 2
yeah, forgot about that. but your people forget about those things until something bad happens to their nation, for you it is a reflex to the threat to your nations well-being, for me and my people it is the way of life. in some way it is a bad thing for Russia cause it is easy for specific people to steal from our nation and then hide behind the speeches about patriotism and defending our motherland, i say we just need a new type of politic the one that will care for Russia the same way as the majority of the population, it seems like our presidents are handpicked from corrupt and unpatriotic group.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Well, Representative Democracy has wroked pretty well for us so far...

Patrotism is greatest tool of oppression. Hitler wielded it great, and conqured much of Europe with it. Stalin and his kind wielded it pretty good too, and conqured whatever parts of Europe Hitler missed.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i totaly agree, that is why russia needs to find a middle between patriotism and organization

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i am going on and on about that we are patriotic because we are, and i alredy said once that we are too patriotic for our own good, we have to clean up the corruption get some organization, but we do have to stick to patriotism because that is what makes as Russian, and then i say patriotism i mean nationalism. The word patriotism in Russian means Nationalism in English so i got a bit confused on the definitions

SpiritSkater

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.raband.net
i hate like all russians. all the russians in my school are ****tards. they all think they can beat every american up. like this kid in 5th period he is a freshman and i am 3 times his size yet he still try's to mess with me. in fact yesterday he shoved me and i punched him in the chest and made him cry like a little bitch

WilliamDell

Member!
Reaction score
Website
lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com
I would say you're probably right about Russia seeing as how you're from there and everything, but I just want to say that Russia's problem's were caused by it leaders and their very bad decisions. First off, the czars ran the country in the wrong way for too long. And after that communism was allowed to become the form of government. I think Russia's main problem was that it tried to industrialize itself too fast. However, it was forced to since the czars really hadn't allowed Russia to make the proper steps into modernization. I don't think there is any easy fix for Russia, they are stuck on a long road to recovery just as many third world countries in Africa and many countries in the Middle East are doing since they too have been screwed over by their governments or foreign governments. Africa was screwed over by the Europeans in the 19th and early 20th century and the fact that the Middle East wars so damn much explain its lag in progress. Russia is basically to blame for its own mistakes, but I will say this, if it hadn't have been for the World Wars (thank you Germany :)) Russia would probably be a lot better off than it is today. There's no denying that Russia had importance in wars of the past, but what I do think is that they should try and stay out of fighting, and concentrate on their own soil to make sure their own citizens are taken care of. The Russian government is lucky to have patriotic people or else it never would have survived to be where it is today, that certainly holds very true. So, to summarize, there's basically no easy fix for Russia, it will take time, and the government needs to refocus its attention to its own soil and citizens.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well so patriotic that they shoot thier own men for retreating... I didnt see those C suckin generals up front... anyway Russians are cool I guess Like that one from Snatch. Boris the Blade.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I thank you for not flaming me and i do agree with you it will take a long time to recover but cleaning up is what we need to do first.

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Static when u refer to the russians shooting their men for retreating do u mean this happened in a previous war or is current policy. i have been studying WW1 and some of WW2 this past year and it seems that the British and French have much to answer for aswell.. as does America. you can't judge a current nation on their past.. well not in this context anyway. America slaughtered its native inhabitants and then cruelly enslaved people for hundreds of years...sure u can go on about ur lovely pilgrims fleeing from oppression to found a nation on justice and freedom and equality.. but when it comes down to it ur history is just as poor as any nation.

I have always wanted to go to Russia. I think patriotism is necessary. People need to have pride in their country. alot of things happen under the name of patriotism but theoretically this is not patriotism. I understand what u meant Otmorosok when you said that your patriotism makes you russian. you have a very different culture to the american culture and pride in your country is obviously a very big aspect of that.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Originally posted by Jaden
Static when u refer to the russians shooting their men for retreating do u mean this happened in a previous war or is current policy. i have been studying WW1 and some of WW2 this past year and it seems that the British and French have much to answer for aswell.. as does America. you can't judge a current nation on their past.. well not in this context anyway. America slaughtered its native inhabitants and then cruelly enslaved people for hundreds of years...sure u can go on about ur lovely pilgrims fleeing from oppression to found a nation on justice and freedom and equality.. but when it comes down to it ur history is just as poor as any nation.

Most nations were born in violence. And any and every superpower that has ever existed only got to the top by climbing over the bones of the less powerfull.

I have always wanted to go to Russia. I think patriotism is necessary. People need to have pride in their country. alot of things happen under the name of patriotism but theoretically this is not patriotism. I understand what u meant Otmorosok when you said that your patriotism makes you russian. you have a very different culture to the american culture and pride in your country is obviously a very big aspect of that.
Are your reffering to nationalism? Patriotism, like faith, can be good, in limited doses. But many times it's carried too far. Like I said in another post, patriotism is one of the greatest tools for oppression. Partiotism is what kept Communism alive for so long in the USSR. It's what allow Hitler to become as powerful as he did, and kill 6 million ppl in the process.

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Patriotism wasn't what kept communism alive, it was fascism. They are two different things. Hitler and Mussolini were fascists, and you were right about hitler and how patriotism kept it going.

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
nationalism and patriotism are the same thing!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
That was what I was about to say :)

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Jaden
nationalism and patriotism are the same thing!
they are not, at least in English. Patriotism is the love of the government. Nationalism is the loyalty to specific culture, land, and people.

Originally posted by TreeFrog123
Patriotism wasn't what kept communism alive, it was fascism. They are two different things. Hitler and Mussolini were fascists, and you were right about hitler and how patriotism kept it going.
How was it fascism? It was nationalism they told as beuatiful stories about the war so 16 year old boys could go and die to protect Stalin's fat ass. Yet i think that it is good that Russia became Soviet Union, we learned something from that besides if it havent then we would never have nukes, our economy would be worse then now and we would not have been feared by the world for 58 years. And fascism had nothing to do with anything. U didnt even support your argument.

Originally posted by SpiritSkater
i hate like all russians. all the russians in my school are ****tards. they all think they can beat every american up. like this kid in 5th period he is a freshman and i am 3 times his size yet he still try's to mess with me. in fact yesterday he shoved me and i punched him in the chest and made him cry like a little bitch
Now let me tell you what really happened, you got beat up by a Russian kid and he made you cry, the end. If that kid did cry from a simple hit on the chest then he does not deserve to be called Russian, of course i dont think that your story is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.