I got banned.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I hopped on Warcraft 3 this morning after about a week to find my CD key banned. The only programs I used were Warkeys and Banlist and I didn't even play on Ladder.

So I guess they're banning for these programs now? I can understand for maphack or something that is actually cheating and not improving their crap customizability or lack of latency checker/leaver prevention.

BTW don't move this to the dead WC3 section. This probably applies for all Battle.net games.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
It lets you set your own hotkeys for items/abilities.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
recently blizzard posted this on bnet
Originally Posted by Blizzard
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Blizzard Entertainment feels very strongly about cheating over Battle.net. We Believe that multiplayer cheats and hacks undermine the basic rules of fair play and weaken ansy sense of true competition and online gaming enjoyment. We would like to remind everybody that the use of any third-party software in conjunction with the game to modify Battle.net and/or change game play may result in account closures and a possible suspension of access to Battle.net. Third-party software may include, but is not limited to any program that allows you to run multiple instances of the game at the same time, cheats, hacks, and/or bots. To continue our agressive stance on cheats/hacks, we will be monitoring Custom games as well as Ladder games on Battle.net.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
And since you don't want it moved to war3 section, since when is bnet considered 'social' talk?

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
There isn't a Battle.net forum and we are being social on the topic of retarded bannings by Blizz.

Do I need to buy the battlechest again or can I Direct Download/Buy CD key from Blizzard and not some side party like Ebay?

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
According to the ToS they leave the "among others" in terms of ban worthy 3rd party programs. Apparently I'm not the only one that has been banned for these reasons judging by the battle.net forums.

Beer $lut

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
what a great way to make the percentage of wc3 ladder players even smaller!

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Since you put it that way, I'll state my view coz it's bnet although I said im only staying in war3 and sc from now on.

I hear this hotkeys program for the 1st time but it obviously gives you advantage, coz if you need speed in melee to save your hero or anything, something that automatically does it, it counts as a cheat. I suppose this may have led to your ban.

I see no reason why Banlist users should be banned. There are enough retards including but not limited to leavers that you just dont want to join your game.

Custom Kick may get you banned (i've never tried it in ladder) although I rly don't see the point in banning you. In Dota that's used to kick annoying trolls and similar. Anyway, it counts as a cheat.

Pickup listcheck, just allows you to play custom games with less lag. Because it's like a 'hacking' the way you enter Bnet Blizzard consider it a modifying application, thus illegal. The same is the name spoofer - it bypasses the limitation 'cannot have another account with the same name' and 'cannot use colors, all Bnet names are white', so - modifying app.

I suggest you explain what you've used and what not to Blizzard, coz some of the banned prolly don't even play war3 anymore.

And there - mh, why ban users? *rhetorical question* You guys in BF should support MH and other hacks, Blizzard are soooo wrong. Yes yes gogo hax, you should make even more hacks sections ... Please DO! You wanna be like those who post SECUREGAMERS.COM FREE HAX or use bots to spam them? Like those brainless who barely have more than 100 cells in their head and can't own a simple noob. I know that coz I've owned noob maphackers, who see all I do. Oh and this site securegamers, can just burn in hell.

And tell me, should I start posting my replays here to become social on replays? So that at least 1 or 2 members of the entire forum care to see an old member's replays that are rarely posted but when posted - worth seeing?? So, if I don't get an answer on that question, this will automatically be accepted by me as YES.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Do I need to buy the battlechest again or can I Direct Download/Buy CD key from Blizzard and not some side party like Ebay?
I'm fairly certain you can buy/direct download from Blizz. I mean, you can do it with WoW, so it stands to reason you can do it with their other games.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
that sucks Jenny, Pretty sure I'm banned too then. pretty gay considering i never played ladder in my life
And since you don't want it moved to war3 section, since when is bnet considered 'social' talk?
Since you put it that way, I'll state my view coz it's bnet although I said im only staying in war3 and sc from now on.
Get over yourself.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I hopped on Warcraft 3 this morning after about a week to find my CD key banned. The only programs I used were Warkeys and Banlist and I didn't even play on Ladder.

So I guess they're banning for these programs now? I can understand for maphack or something that is actually cheating and not improving their crap customizability or lack of latency checker/leaver prevention.

BTW don't move this to the dead WC3 section. This probably applies for all Battle.net games.
I know Warden is now running for custom games now too. Don't want to get banned use something like zmap which removes wardens code altogether. I pretty much play warcraft 3 once a month with c0ik using zmap. I moved onto killing floor and left 4 dead. And would never risk having the hacker title put on my steam account.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Yes, hello to you too, just in case someone bothered to read my short descriptions of the programs. My point on hacks or cheats is: grow up.... don't be 12 yr old kiddies. I know Jenny didn't mean to cheat but ... leave bnet the way it is.