How serious are you about Starcraft?

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hehe, I wish I could be like you Z :p. But I have a drive to get better at any cost. It makes me wonder if I'd wanted to go into sports or something:)

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
mm for me,i doubt my build order/strats and all that will get any better no matter how much i play,but my micro would increase.

and i ussaly prefere fun melee's, ussaly with friends. but i cant resist a UMS every once in awhile.

DeadLocked

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to play alot more, but sometimes battle.net is just crap. No games to play, no one worth playing with. If more people from bf, did get online, it'd be alot better i think. Plus with it being such a older game, people don't care about records, or stats, or anything, they'll leave mid game, and what not. Which really makes you not care to go into a game, work to get a good D up, and offense, and have the person leave.

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
How commited am I? Well I cant play any more my therapist tells me it will lead to... too "the bad things" again. but when i did i played for 36 hours at a time living off hot pockets, Zesty Ranch 3D0s, and mountain dew. When i wasnt online playing i had strategies printed off to learn and study and i would often write out my own strategies and i had two or three binders full of my strategies and shit. But pretty much i am retired and spend my days at parties or hanging out with my friends. but i will never forget my days of starcraft, i guess ill always be a geek at heart

CerebralChain

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I can't get serious with Starcraft, cus I'm kinda short tempered and I can't stand losing a melee game. Plus, I get nervous and can't play properly when I'm playing against total strangers, I dunno.. So I play UMS for fun.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
louis said:
I'd like to play alot more, but sometimes battle.net is just crap. No games to play, no one worth playing with. If more people from bf, did get online, it'd be alot better i think. Plus with it being such a older game, people don't care about records, or stats, or anything, they'll leave mid game, and what not. Which really makes you not care to go into a game, work to get a good D up, and offense, and have the person leave.
Do not ever, ever, ever play public game on Battle.net if you want to really game. There is no point. Go to a ladder. There, everyone cares desperately about stats and even when totally outmatched they'll play the game until the bitter end. I suggest www.pgtour.com. Natually, www.wgtour.com is okay too, but PGT is easier and has a more active base now.

james_in_time said:
How commited am I? Well I cant play any more my therapist tells me it will lead to... too "the bad things" again. but when i did i played for 36 hours at a time living off hot pockets, Zesty Ranch 3D0s, and mountain dew. When i wasnt online playing i had strategies printed off to learn and study and i would often write out my own strategies and i had two or three binders full of my strategies and shit. But pretty much i am retired and spend my days at parties or hanging out with my friends. but i will never forget my days of starcraft, i guess ill always be a geek at heart
Wow, that's pretty good. However, even a year or so ago there were basically no good online strategeis (Gamefaqs SC faqs are awful) so I bet you were learning the wrong stuff.

Anyways, I'd say pick SC up again, just do it in moderation.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
CerebralChain said:
I can't get serious with Starcraft, cus I'm kinda short tempered and I can't stand losing a melee game. Plus, I get nervous and can't play properly when I'm playing against total strangers, I dunno.. So I play UMS for fun.
I'm the same way. This basically goes to the match we had, where you tyotally kicked my ass. I don't care about losing melee games, I just get nervous around people who I don't know how to counter or perdict.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont really care, but I do try,

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Everybody gets angry, but the more games you play the better it gets. I mean I still get angry after I lose a game I should've won but surfing this place helps.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
ArtOfProtoss said:
Everybody gets angry, but the more games you play the better it gets. I mean I still get angry after I lose a game I should've won but surfing this place helps.
I never get angry when I lose unless I get disc from war3, one day, the enemy had one building left, and I was winning then I got disced, thats when I'd get angry..

but I play games to have fun, not to get pissed, so =)

Zmoney

Reaction score
I might play more SC, If i wasnt on 3 basketball teams, worked 28 hours a week and didn't have such an invigorating social life.

SC is a fun time waster for me, when I have time.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
My excuse is my internet. Disconnecting from most things after 6 P.M. is a real pain in the ass. SC-wise, it lags me horribly every two minutes until I eventually lag out and well, yeah. Sucks.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PGT is easier to play, yes, but don't expect to win many games unless you are well above average. WGT.. I dont like WGT. :/

I would like to get serious about SC, but my life is so busy right now (I just got a job) and Halo owns my soul, so it's hard. That, and I get so pissed when I lose that I can't keep playing. :(

*Edit: And its www.pgtour.net not pgt.com ;)

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I try not to let games really own me that much.....with all these shittty exams coming up, i regret to say that i dont have alot of time for gaming....although christ do i have the setup for it.

sc was one of the first games i ever got, and its definitely one that grows on you...

i mainly play ums now tho....but then again, doesnt everyone?

Crimson-Shade

Member!
Reaction score
i try to play all my games better each time i play. i can't help trying to get better at this game cuz i know there's always someone better out there or one of ur teammates suck and you have to take up the slack, which is more challenging, so i play each game seriously and for the satisfying fun of winning.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
ArtOfProtoss said:
As the title suggests I am asking you how serious you are about Starcraft. In other words, how commited are you to increasing your skill level your level, to what level do you enjoy reading and discussing conceptual strategy, how much do you enjoy following the proffesional scene and watching their replays.

I am quite commmited to the game: I am motivated to get better. I greatly enjoy watching replays. I love strategy.

Don't worry, the community here has sucked me in. I'm not going to leave because you appear (and I mean no offense) to play the game more for fun than advancement of skill (which I find to be fun) :). I'm just curious if any of you really love the game.

If you so wish you may also discuss Warcraft or Diablo if that is your game of choice. :p
I used to play SC: BW SO much. I have SO many great memories of games and the music I would play in the background. I rememer this one game that took over 3 hours. (UMS) Everyone was AKF and I played the remaining 2.5 hours. lol. I listened to that one song over and over and over. (Life in a Northern Town - Dream Academy) LOL
Anywayz, I don't stay on top of players and tourneys anymore. The game is old, and I've moved on.
Just wait until I get Ghost. I will be ALL over that, and hopefully I'll have some money to throw away on Live (if there is multiplayer) I'll be a top elite for sure. lol, with all the practice time I'll be getting in. Hell, I'll ask off a straight week from school and work to play the game 24-7. Big plans, lol.

CruelJustice

Member!
Reaction score
I play whenever I know for sure that I won't get interrupted for something as stupid as finding a pair of nail clippers. I usually play when no one is in the house.
Longest game I played lasted for 5 hours. I played as protoss and ended up as zerg. One of THE best I've ever played.