How serious are you about Starcraft?

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
As the title suggests I am asking you how serious you are about Starcraft. In other words, how commited are you to increasing your skill level your level, to what level do you enjoy reading and discussing conceptual strategy, how much do you enjoy following the proffesional scene and watching their replays.

I am quite commmited to the game: I am motivated to get better. I greatly enjoy watching replays. I love strategy.

Don't worry, the community here has sucked me in. I'm not going to leave because you appear (and I mean no offense) to play the game more for fun than advancement of skill (which I find to be fun) :). I'm just curious if any of you really love the game.

If you so wish you may also discuss Warcraft or Diablo if that is your game of choice. :p

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i havent played in so long... but when i did i was up till 4 in teh mornin playin...

god those were good times

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i do try from time to time to up my leavel, but i so slow :(

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Money mapd = joking, for the most part. :)
Ladder maps = more serious, for some reason. :p

Money maps for some reason cause me to just mess around for the most part. I think the thought of needing to expand and protect my expansions causes me to think and play more serious on ladder maps such as Lost Temple! ^_^

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I am quite comited to have fun. I don't need to be too skiled to have fun.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TrongaMonga said:
I am quite comited to have fun. I don't need to be too skiled to have fun.
See that's the thing with me. I can't imagine someone having fun if they're not getting better. I suppose it depends on the situations you put yourself in though. I guess if you never play PGT or WGT or NGI then you don't feel bad about losing.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Or if winning and becoming better everytime you play isn't a requirment in your Starcraft Playing Time. Setting aside a few matches of fun never hurts.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It's the difference between playing an official elite progamer uber quadrijillon Mata-Hari Gosus and simply playing with your friends. I prefer the second one :)

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Darkmatter said:
Or if winning and becoming better everytime you play isn't a requirment in your Starcraft Playing Time. Setting aside a few matches of fun never hurts.
My time for fun is spent watching replays and viewing batleforums.

Tronga, what in the world does "Mati-Hari" mean?^^

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Mata-Hari was a french traitor during the First World War. A woman that did lots of treacherous acts against the French, and was killed as such.

Oh, I only said it there because it did sound Korean :D

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
I just play for one. I suppose if I were very seroius I would be able to pwn, because when I'm committied to something, I pratice like I'm Mexican.

exobyte

Member!
Reaction score
I play at least once a week. I read a few strategy sites and read the news too. I don't play too many serious games lately, mostly backstab Fastest.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Sword Tip said:
I just play for one. I suppose if I were very seroius I would be able to pwn, because when I'm committied to something, I pratice like I'm Mexican.
Same for me. Except I am currently practicing alot :)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
ArtOfProtoss said:
My time for fun is spent watching replays and viewing batleforums.

Tronga, what in the world does "Mati-Hari" mean?^^
I suppose it is based on preference, but I go for the more borderline defition of fun, and just mess about for the most part. I can be fun and serious, or fun and stupid, in other words.

DeadLocked

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I like all of the above. I suck at most of the lost temple like maps, wheel of death i freaking hate. I know Tronga (when he can play) likes playing with friends, unlike him tho i don't mind playing with strangers, and i enjoy UMS maps alot, they put a new spin on things.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Fun games > serious games. That's why i generally prefer UMS, especially ones where you micro :D

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Sexowoman said:
Fun games > serious games. That's why i generally prefer UMS, especially ones where you micro :D
Heh. Even I can't resist a good micro arena. But for me, serious games are fun games.

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Fun Game, I play for a fun time when im bored.

Not I dont play to be the best in the world.