Heroes for SC2? Yes or no?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind heroes, but what I really want is the same style map editor as Warcraft IIIs

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I don't wan't the same style, I want a better style. A better everything from SC2. I just want it to blow me away then give me a playing experience I cannot find in any other video game, just like Starcraft did. But for the map editors sake, it would be cool to add your own tools to an extent so that you could add custom images, sounds, templates, and that sort of thing. Then you could really make some kickass maps. :D

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Don't say things like that DM, you're making me salivate :( That would be extremely awesome though.. I also, obviously, want the editor capabilities to far exceed anything any game has ever seen :)

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
I don't wan't the same style, I want a better style. A better everything from SC2. I just want it to blow me away then give me a playing experience I cannot find in any other video game, just like Starcraft did. But for the map editors sake, it would be cool to add your own tools to an extent so that you could add custom images, sounds, templates, and that sort of thing. Then you could really make some kickass maps. :D
I still want the same selection of alteration as Warcraft III, but I want to see some improvements :)

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
If they made heroes in Starcraft two I think it could have a chance of becoming more fun. So long as they don't have the game solely based on heroes (like warcraft3). I understand possibly having stronger units and stuff like that...but too have a unit that can change the flow of the game by himself I personally think is unrealistic.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I think Heroes in SC2 should also have more visible weaknesses, such as some being extremely fast but weak to physical damage, or magic, or something. You get the idea. Say if we had a reaver hero, it would be slow as hell, but it could have lots of passive defence bonuses, as well as awesome abilities for the Scarabs they launch at an enemy. That sort of thing is what I want to see as well, for heroes.

Nicholas The Slide

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thats a goodness idea. but what would be cool is if heros could be temporarly mind-controlled by Dark Archons. that would own. that way, unlike the hex spell in WC3:FT which turns heros into fromgs for like 3 seconds, you lose your hero for like a minute or something. might make dark archons actuallly worthwile to get...:)

zerg_slayer(IC)

Member!
Reaction score
I think they should have heros not WC3 Heros but SC2 heros WC3 Heros gain levels and "powers" SC2 Heros should be upgradeable like in general u have a HERO and u can make it so he a hero Firebat or Marine or Golith or Battlecruser like u can put hin in diff armor or vehicles You Get what im saying????
:grunt

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
zerg_slayer(IC) said:
I think they should have heros not WC3 Heros but SC2 heros WC3 Heros gain levels and "powers" SC2 Heros should be upgradeable like in general u have a HERO and u can make it so he a hero Firebat or Marine or Golith or Battlecruser like u can put hin in diff armor or vehicles You Get what im saying????
:grunt
-For some reason that actually makes a lot of sense. The only thing is I don't think that heroes should be able to transform into Battleships....thats kind of extreme don't you think?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Maybe you could do it this way. With a certain amount of building requirments, as well as minerals and gas, you could upgrade a Wraith Pilot to a Hero Wraith, and that could get to a new rank, which in this case would be Commodore, and then he could be a Hero BC Since he advanced in rank as a hero and not as a regular unit. But that would be strictly for heroes, and not regular units.

Nicholas The Slide

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
or maybe they could implement a system where you need generals in order to get more troops and you need officers and stuff..meh meybe.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Nicholas The Slide said:
or maybe they could implement a system where you need generals in order to get more troops and you need officers and stuff..meh meybe.
That doesn't sound like too bad of an idea either. But they could make the generals a little stronger then the rest of the units.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
An idea came across my pattern of thinking last night. The idea is this: You choose a Leader unit and it serves as a Hero unit as well. And it would be different for each race, very different. For instance, say you were Terran. You could choose one of the Terran Leaders in the Campaign, such as Edmund Duke, Jim Raynor, Human Kerrigan, and so forth. And when you did, they would be a better version of the unit they represent. In this case, Duke could either be a Siege Tank or a Battlecruiser. But they would start off as a regular civilian until you could produce the unit they represent. In the meantime, they could operate any other unit, such as a marine suit or a vulture bike. Fully-interactive heroes.

Or, for Zerg's Case, you could be something like a Cerebrate. They would be able to speed the growth of the colony, enhance the regeneration process of all units on the creep, as well as boost other things such as building strength, defensive damage, and maybe even help units hatch from their egg's faster. They could also prodduce a few units themsevles, or something. Just a thought though. Your thoughts?

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Or, for Zerg's Case, you could be something like a Cerebrate. They would be able to speed the growth of the colony, enhance the regeneration process of all units on the creep, as well as boost other things such as building strength, defensive damage, and maybe even help units hatch from their egg's faster. They could also prodduce a few units themsevles, or something. Just a thought though. Your thoughts?
Having heroes which affect the race your playing sounds like a great idea. It'd make for very dynamic gameplay and add yet another layer of strategy to consider.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Exactly. And we could still get Kerrigan if they did it that way. She could be an air or ground unit, and she would probably still have some awesome abilities, like Psi Storm and the like. I would love for her to get some new abilites, that compliment her Zerg Form more. She should be able to ''infest'' a marine and change him into an infested terran. Now that would be the real sexual experience you would never forget.

zerg_slayer(IC)

Member!
Reaction score
that infested karrigan this is good idea to have an ability that infests marinesbut u should be able to infest all terrin units and buildings kinda like the BORG u know "resitance is futile" lol

But what i ment about marine heros is u have 1 spefic hero and he can become any groud unit u want and u can make him fly a BC or SV and he can gain rank in like the galatic federation and the higher rank u get the more units u can control and more experienced units and also new units u cn buy and same with zerg and protoss :grunt

Reaction score
In my opinion, heros in sc woud be evry unit. Unit shoud be gaining ranks. What i moast hate in sc that u dont have any micro in it, just macro, ranked units woud force player's 2 make more complex tactics and micro a lot more. Easc hunit shoud get some special skills and upgrades whit each rank. We must get rid of picture of cw what it was, and think of it like whole new game (u know sc is 6 years old).

Darktekmaster

Member!
Reaction score
hell yeah! if sc2 is made ur guna see jim vrsin kerri and zeutreal vrsin duran... TERRAN TOSS WILLL WIN CUZ IM THE COMANDER