Heroes for SC2? Yes or no?

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm new to the Starcraft boards, so I don't know if this has already been done, but...

As many of you play WC3 I was curious to see if you liked the ideas of the heroes and hoped to see them in SC2?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
No, don't want them there, one hero defeating an huge army sucks. Yes, it adds something different than the usual strategy games. But it's nothing more than a blizzard tool to compensate the lost of food because of the graphics and whatnot.

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
no, final answer. its just stupid having a hero doing all the work...... kinda like wc3 :0

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
No, I would not like to see those fuxxing heros, because in a war iii game it's all about the heros. I would not want that to happen to my belvled sc now would I ;).

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
nah theres already UMS games that have HEro hungry games

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Final Vulture
I think SC2 should have heroes but only get to have 1 and it cannot be resurrected
i think we already have that

M

Morgawr

No heros like in wc3 that would be dumb..and make most of sc 2 easy if they had heros..unless u only started out with um..they cant gin levels and if they die..there dead..like Jim Raynor and stuff

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
if u think a bout it tho the sc heros are a bit weak

Apple

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.4pp13.tk
yes... but they shood just have a differnt name, and the same stats as regular units.

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
I like how blizzard did it with Starcraft...they are a little more powerful than normal units, such as Raynor, or Kerrigan.

SpX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I personally think Warcraft 3 shouldn't have heros because you can beat 4 guys and your hero doesn't die. I like Warcraft 3 and stuff, but I think it gets a little annoying because when you all you do is mass one unit in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4. I think it's just too easy. I would play Starcraft more, but I lag a lot. Anyways back to your question, I would say that they shouldn't have heros, you need more Strategy.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Umm I think you miss the point of heros. HEROS DO NOT TAKE ON WHOLE ARMYS.

Sure they are a big part of the game ,but you don't have everyhtign focused on a hero and then u win cause of the hero you picked. Taht is narrowminded. no there is a lot more depth in heros, and the untis u use them with. wrcraft is 85% about the units you pick, and what you do with them, 15% is hero choice and abilities.

Not to mention warcraft requries alot more micro than starcraft anyways.

I say there should be heros

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Heros = yes

people saying heros in WC3 sucked, thus, the whole game sucks. yet its very popular, so yes to heros.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Losing hero's are one of a map makers worst nightmare. That cuts the unit count of SC2 in half. No map maker likes that.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Originally posted by MrBret
Heros = yes

people saying heros in WC3 sucked, thus, the whole game sucks. yet its very popular, so yes to heros.
or maby cus there loyal wc fans? Heros=No

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Warcraft III has probly 100 more units than starcraft had, and that is all made up in creeps and neutrals.

You want to talk about mapmaking. use the warcraft map maker. its like flying a jet, while starcraft players are still sitting in thier diapers playing around with a plastic toy airplane.