Dark Templar vs Starwars Jedi

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
movies resembles closely to real life while the archons in game is nowhere nearer. i mean battlecruiser should be owning all ground enemies easily if thats the case. the starwars movies is real but starcraft in game events are not.

floating jedis? even anakin and obi were having problem finding space when they fought on the lava in episode 3. they should have just float and make things easier for them if they can indeed "float".

also we will learn more about the dt in sc2 so lets wait or that.
Jedi telekenesis is one of the first things they learn. With it they're able to float their bodies. They're also able to create psionic bubbles around the heads of enemies and sufficate them in the blink of an eye.

DT's still have nothing on Jedi.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Funny thing, Protoss don't breathe through their heads. Don't eat in the traditional sense either. And any Jedi trying to play with psionic energy will get schooled in the art of doing so by even a child Protoss.

I'd also find it hilarious to see a Jedi attempt to float high above a DT to avoid being slashed to ribbons, only for the DT to reach out with his mind, sever the Jedi's connection to the Force, and laugh as the Jedi falls to splat on the ground.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Once again, a DT can't sever a Jedi's connection to the force. It's impossible.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Not really. It'd probably be something only an advanced DT can do, but far from impossible. It's a psionic attack that a Jedi would have no defense against. Considering a DT can sever a Protoss's link to the Khala, a DT taking out a Jedi's Forcelink would be easy. Comparing a Protoss's mental defenses to a non-Protoss's is like comparing tank armor to a soggy paper bag.

All the DT has to do is block the Jedi's awareness of the Force...it's no different than the technique that blocks the DT from sight, hearing, or "psionic sonar."

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
...But... Awareness of the Force is innate... So once again, why don't they just block their awareness of the need of breath?

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Yes, all Jedi are born levitating and making plants freak out. Amirite?

The FORCE is innate within all beings...but if perception and control of it were innate, everybody'd be a Jedi from birth. Such isn't the case...use of the Force, even full awareness of the Force, is a trained and learned skill.

And I still stand by the reasoning that if the Jedi and the Protoss were to exist in the same continuum, the Protoss being as spiritual a race as they are would be the most powerful Jedi in existance. Even just using their psionic abilities they can shake the fabric of space-time, if they had a perception and control of the Force they'd be demigods. No nonProtoss Jedi would be able to stand against them.

When they can already rip a hole in space-time and move things through them (the Arbiter's Recall ability, which is achieved by focusing multiple High Templar's energies through a central core), any more power is just overkill.

Simply through co-existance, the Jedi would be outclassed and doomed to fail.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Did I say you said levitation? Words-mouth-dick quote back at you.

I already addressed this in that post...innate = from birth on. How many Jedibabies you see around, knocking stuff over with their minds and telepathically convincing Mommy to give them candy? Awareness of the Force isn't naturally-ingrained like instinctive body processes such as respiration...****, awareness in general isn't even naturally-ingrained; quickly developed but not innate. See studies showing how feral modern humans can be if raised without human contact and support.

A Jedi can be cut from the Force as easily as he can manipulate someone else's mind to think his suggestion is a good idea. I mean, sight and hearing ARE innate, and Dark Templar veil themselves that way as well. You can't deny that. If a Dark Templar can make you not see him, he can make you not feel the Force.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Your arguing is pointless. It's not even a fight. The Protoss race is superior in the arts of psionic energy manipulation. Anything non-Protoss trying to play them at their own game is just asking for a beatdown. I mean, you wouldn't try to attack a pyromancer with a torch would you?

So Jedi can float around, read minds, and shoot lightning. Oh yeah, and use The Force as Miracle-Gro. Dark Templar play with your freaking mind, and the mental energies they control could rip your brain apart and leave you drooling and babbling nonsensical syllables. Reason that doesn't happen much is because it's not what they're all about...doesn't mean they aren't capable of it. Oh, and REGULAR Protoss can rip apart space-time itself, provided they can get together into a group.

Jedi - Natureboy "Gods" of their universe
Protoss - The race who'd show that universe what a "god" really is.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
The Force isn't some kinda 'special thing' that you can take away. It's bacteria in your blood. Tard.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
So Jedi can float around, read minds, and shoot lightning. Oh yeah, and use The Force as Miracle-Gro. Dark Templar play with your freaking mind, and the mental energies they control could rip your brain apart and leave you drooling and babbling nonsensical syllables. Reason that doesn't happen much is because it's not what they're all about...doesn't mean they aren't capable of it. Oh, and REGULAR Protoss can rip apart space-time itself, provided they can get together into a group.
They can also predict the outcomes of battles before they occur and choose the best execution of said battle so they win. A la Bastilla using her battle meditation in Knights of the Old Republic. I can accept that Protoss are LEETOMG, but what makes you think that Dark Templar can match a Jedi when lowly zerglings, marines, and firebats can kill them? I mean sure - Jedi die to for silly reasons in the movies, but some also live on FOREVER only to eventually be killed by ANOTHER Jedi like Vader and Obi.

You're kind of painting Protoss as Gods. If they were so awesome they wouldn't have lost to the Zerg in Starcraft and Brood War nor ally with lowly humans.

Plus are the novels even canon? If so Toss are going to be imbalanced as **** in SC2.

Also I remember the Force being everything - you can't really take that away.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
They can also predict the outcomes of battles before they occur and choose the best execution of said battle so they win. A la Bastilla using her battle meditation in Knights of the Old Republic. I can accept that Protoss are LEETOMG, but what makes you think that Dark Templar can match a Jedi when lowly zerglings, marines, and firebats can kill them? I mean sure - Jedi die to for silly reasons in the movies, but some also live on FOREVER only to eventually be killed by ANOTHER Jedi like Vader and Obi.

You're kind of painting Protoss as Gods. If they were so awesome they wouldn't have lost to the Zerg in Starcraft and Brood War nor ally with lowly humans.

Plus are the novels even canon? If so Toss are going to be imbalanced as **** in SC2.

Also I remember the Force being everything - you can't really take that away.
if they can predict what would happen, then why did master windu fought the sith lord. why did they got careless and got massacred in attack of the clones? etc.

lorewise, a marine/hydralisk/zergling/firebat would not stand a chance against a dark templar.

so what if the force can't be take away? its not like its an instant kill anyway.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Your arguing is pointless. It's not even a fight. The Protoss race is superior in the arts of psionic energy manipulation. Anything non-Protoss trying to play them at their own game is just asking for a beatdown. I mean, you wouldn't try to attack a pyromancer with a torch would you?

Jedi - Natureboy "Gods" of their universe
Protoss - The race who'd show that universe what a "god" really is.

Force powers - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

Read up and stop embarassing yourself.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Combine all the powers of either side + the universal powers and the entire protos race wouldn't stand a chance against a single Jedi/Dark Jedi.

There's just no other way around it. I'm sorry, it's true. They're just potentially that strong.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Potential =/= basic individual. A Protoss has the potential to singlehandedly make an entire planet's population collectively bleed out the eyes, nose, and ears with a powerful psionic assault.

Goodbye brains, hello scrambled eggs.

Plus, if enough of them got together, they could literally move planets across space-time.

but what makes you think that Dark Templar can match a Jedi when lowly zerglings, marines, and firebats can kill them?
A) It's a game mechanic. Given opportunity, a Marine can kill a Battlecruiser. In the books, which are actually realistic (or as realistic as it can be in a fantasy universe), the Dark Templar don't show up much but when they do they're pretty much untouchable. Generally the normal Protoss make asses of themselves trying to track them down while the humans go "lol wut wuz that?"

B) They're powerful as ****, but not immortal. Fire, claws, and Gauss spikes will kill them. It's just damn hard to get a lock on them to be able to get a good strike in. I don't give a **** who you are, even an Archon gets owned if he's assaulted head-on by several hundred Zerg. Luck and circumstance can tilt against a Protoss as well as in his favor, too.

The Alliance was very, very, very reluctant. In fact, only Tassadar and a few others were willing to do just that: "ally with lowly humans." We're kinda inconsequential to them. Hence the fact that we first became aware of their presence when they nuked the **** out of a few of our worlds because they had Zerg on them. The Protoss never gave a **** about us until Tassadar took our side, and even then not so much until we started fighting back.

As for the invasion of Aiur, that was a really really bad circumstance. When Zeratul killed the Cerebrate Zasz his mind briefly linked with the Overmind, who drew from it the location of Aiur. Once the entire ****ing Zerg Swarm knows where your homeworld is, you're ****ed. There's a reason they won the Brood War, the Zerg Swarm in its entirety is pretty much unstoppable. Plus, the Protoss were so damn busy fighting amongst themselves that they practically let the Zerg walk right in. Pride is definitely the sin of the Khalai.

Pretty sure they are, yeah. The SC2 website actually references some of the events in the novels in the unit histories and descriptions. Don't remember exactly where, but it's accepted as canon. The novels were officially sponsored by Blizzard...as in requested to be written.

And the Protoss will be no more imba or OP than they were in SC1. Blizzard doesn't let lore conflict with game balance. The game will kinda throw "how it would really go down" to the wind when it needs to be balanced.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
And from Luke alone, he created an entire new order of Jedi which number in the high hundred thousands.

And before the movies their numbers were almost equal that. There's just a 40 year period where they were almost wiped out, and the reason they were wiped out was because all the armed aid they were getting (clone troopers and such) simultaniously betrayed them in galaxywide pinpont accuracy which could only be achieved by something like a sith lord.

Seriously, stop talking out your ass about something you know jack **** about. It's annoying, and all you're doing is boosting your post count so you can get your little ps3.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
And from Luke alone, he created an entire new order of Jedi which number in the high hundred thousands.

And before the movies their numbers were almost equal that. There's just a 40 year period where they were almost wiped out, and the reason they were wiped out was because all the armed aid they were getting (clone troopers and such) simultaniously betrayed them in galaxywide pinpont accuracy which could only be achieved by something like a sith lord.

Seriously, stop talking out your ass about something you know jack **** about. It's annoying, and all you're doing is boosting your post count so you can get your little ps3.
So there are hundred thousands of new jedis after luke. Can't wait to see this in the movie, it be a new starwars timeline.

i understand that they were killed by surprise and by countless clones etc. but the fact remains that their not that powerful to survive and that they can't even use the said (uver) jedi abilities to help themselves.

imo it will be a good fight unlike you two are saying that the other one would completely and easily destroy the other one. but in the end i pick the dark templar to win.

yes you are right i dont know much about the jedis but im a hard core dark templar fan hence i would post anything even stupid things just to make them look better than the jedi.

hey the ps3 is something BIG for me.