Dark Templar vs Starwars Jedi

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
^ this.

A fully trained Jedi in his prime would make short work of an entire Protoss Dark Templar society without much thought. They're just that powerful. I'm not saying the DT's arn't beasts, I'm just saying against a fully trained Jedi 1v1 they stand no chance.
I concede that I don't know everything about the Jedi, and that there's more to them than I know...however, it really depends on the situation.

Sit them in a room together and say "Fight!" and sure, the Jedi MAY win. Give the DT a chance to use its stealth and the element of surprise, and the Jedi will get absolutely slaughtered.

I just can't see how any Jedi can win against a telepathic entity that can rob him of his abilities, unless he catches the DT off-guard. Being cut-off from the Force would cripple a Jedi...and it's not a stretch to assume that a DT could do it.

Honestly, I'd love to see a fight like that. It'd be really interesting, to say the least. They're actually fairly similar concepts, just one is better at raw power while the other is focused on trickery and evasion. I still think a DT mind could just flat-out shut down a human...the difference in mental abilities is like comparing a black widow spider to a dust mite.

On a large-scale sort of thing, like one camp invading the other, the win goes to whoever attacks. Jedi attack, the DT's would be wiped out before they knew what hit them...same with the other way around, Jedi wouldn't know there were any DT's around until every one of them simultaneously discovered a warp blade in their throats.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
If you can cut a Protoss off from the mental link it shares with all its other comrades, regardless of distance, it's not difficult to think you could do it to a human whose link is something "found" rather than innate. Both cases are an individual being in-tune to something greater than itself...by throwing up a psychic blockage between the target's mind and the energy with which they're communing, it effectively severs the link.

At the very least, it would prevent the Jedi from shaping the Force into a material form, such as the lightning. Telekinesis would go bye-bye too. Basically, all the cool stuff they can do that gives them the edge would get taken away.

Failing that, the DT could just psychically "scream" into the Jedi's mind and virtually rip his mind apart. In the currently-running trilogy of novels (third comes out in September I believe), a normal human (a scientist, actually) ends up playing host to a very old Dark Templar's "soul," and it nearly fricasee's his brain...and that was an accident. The DT actually tried NOT to do that, because harming the host was bad for her too. If it was done by intent, any human on the receiving end would be absolutely ****ed. Jedi or not...

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If you can cut a Protoss off from the mental link it shares with all its other comrades, regardless of distance, it's not difficult to think you could do it to a human whose link is something "found" rather than innate.
This is where your argument fails. Right off the bat.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Ok, so "the Force" is basically the essence or energy generated by and connecting all living things. Basically the underlying element of "creation." It's naturally a part of every living thing, but you aren't born shooting lightning or moving around your Playskool blocks. You have to discover it within yourself, or have it taught to you. What can be found can be lost.

And another thing...in theory, a race as spiritual and psionically inclined as the Protoss existing in the same continuum in which The Force exists would make for the most insanely powerful Jedi imaginable. The very idea of an encounter being possible dictates that a mere human will be inferior.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok, so "the Force" is basically the essence or energy generated by and connecting all living things. Basically the underlying element of "creation." It's naturally a part of every living thing, but you aren't born shooting lightning or moving around your Playskool blocks. You have to discover it within yourself, or have it taught to you. What can be found can be lost.
That's stupid. Then why doesn't a Dark Templar just make you forget to breathe?

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Breathing is instinct, not knowledge. And technically, they can't control our bodies, only the flow of psionic energy...and it's not like they're gods, just far more evolutionarily advanced than we are in the field of psychic development and manipulation. Our brains just aren't built the same way theirs are, and don't have the mastery that's been bred into them over unknown millenia.

Doesn't hurt that the xel'naga helped them along a little bit. They're psionically our superiors, so when it comes to matters of manipulating energy or the world around us using only our minds, they're far more capable.

Plus, their naturally longer lifespan has allowed them to train themselves a lot more extensively than we ever could. Some real-world human gurus can harness their own energies to do amazing things as it relates to themselves...slowing down their own heartrates to almost go into hibernation and such. Dark Templar are merely more naturally equipped for doing things that more outwardly affect other individuals. Humans only have maybe a hundred years to learn their arts...it's far from uncommon for Protoss to live for ten times that long...

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm still pretty sure a Jedi would win. Their constitution is stronger.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
wait. jedis are extremely powerful in the novels etc outside the starwars movie..?

but aren't yoda/sith/obi wan/darth vader the most powerful jedis in the whole history of starwars lore? i mean they have to be, like how they are presented in the movie.

if they are the pinnacle of all jedis and as seen in the MOVIE, well i can easily vision that a dark templar can kill them.

They are powerful (in their universe) but its not like that they have face something more like a dark templar or a zealot.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
but aren't yoda/sith/obi wan/darth vader the most powerful jedis in the whole history of starwars lore?
Uh, no. Read about Luke after he killed Vader. He could probably kill a thousand Storm Troopers wielding his penis alone.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
after the empire was defeated how can luke be more powerful if there are nothing else to fight to improve his skills and powers?

and i think luke is a slow learner. xp

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Basically what Darkmatter said. That, and his penis is massive. Just ask Renzo, he rolled the dice and figured that **** out.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
so how do you know about the next events tha happened? where? like luke got a son or a new apprentice?

anyway i think luke's training was limited compared to when the jedis were still alive. and darth vader was very old thats why he was beaten by luke. what im saying is anakin/obi/mace/sith/yoda>luke. luke was the only jedi left there was nothing else to fight in a jedi battle but vader.

so any jedis including luke after return of the jedi are not more powerful than the original batch of jedis (yoda/young ani/etc)... unless george lucas will make a new film, then im sure he will make the new jedi look more powerful than the original jedis.

anyway i still think a dt would win.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You're just basing your knowledge off of the movies. Thus, you are limited in your ways, my son. Your heart will be forever closed off to the Force, and your penis will shrivel due to your evil ways.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
well at least the sw movie is the closest representation or perspective of the starwars universe in real life. other than that is just exaggeration.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
ok i will try watching it again. and i will closely look how each jedi seems to be killed easily and are indeed vulnerable most of the time.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Read the books, damnit! The books! The books have a more accurate representation of a Jedi and his powers.