Dark Templar vs Starwars Jedi

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
who would win?

i think an average dark templar would easily win against an average jedi.

heroes on the other depends on power and skills.

zealot vs jedi?

we have no idea how dark templar fights, but im sure they kickass. Meanwhile we have seen the jedis fight and they sure indeed looks vulnerable and killable specially against skilled as well as powerful melee sci fi fighters/warriors like a protoss zealot.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Many a Jedi were killed by robots. Dark Templar hands down.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Dark Templar would rape the hell out of a Jedi. Read the novels, they're scary-ass warriors. More than just competent fighters with the ability to wrap shadows around themselves to become invisible. They have a whole host of mind tricks available at their command.

And Lightsaber vs Warp Blade = lol. Let's see, a focused laser beam or raw Void matter focused into a swirling blade of entropy?

Only thing that gives me pause is how exceptionally strong Jedi can do more "extra" stuff, like the limited telekinesis and a few mind-abilities. No Jedi can match even a basic DT's mental abilities enough to influence one, but a telekinetic stranglehold isn't good for a Protoss either. Plus, some Jedi are almost "detectors," which could take down the efficacy of the DT's cloaking.

Another point is the difference in speed and versatility of the weapons. Jedi are pretty agile usually, and a handheld sword-weapon is a bit quicker and easier to wield than what amounts to a big clunky metal device strapped to your arm. Granted the energy beam has no weight to off-balance the Templar, but the device itself is surely a bit heavy, and even assuming that's no problem to a DT there's still the issue of how rigidly in-place the beam of energy will be. No DT will ever be able to twirl his blade or hold it backwards, where-as a lightsaber is very mobile and versatile.

Of course all of this is operating under the version of Dark Templar from the original StarCraft and Brood War. The newer, SC2 Dark Templar use double-ended energy scythes, which are much more mobile. SC2 DT vs Jedi and it's not even a fight.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I'm thinking the Dark Templar could be rocked by lightning and choke. Basing on what I've played on KOTOR, Jedi would rock DT.

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
I imagine a fight like this would be like a Dragonball episode.. parry,dodge,parry,parry,dodge for a very long time.

Therefore I say draw.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Depends who saw who first. If DT can get a warp blade in, the Jedi is screwed. If the Kedi isn't a bitch, and is a Sith, then it really depends.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I'm thinking the Dark Templar could be rocked by lightning and choke. Basing on what I've played on KOTOR, Jedi would rock DT.
It's possible, but chances are a Jedi wouldn't be able to use those skills. I know that Dark Templar have the capability to sever the communal link shared by all Khalai Protoss, cutting them off from the Khala and one another. Panics the hell out of Aiurian Protoss and scrambles them, making it easy for the DT to dispatch them.

Same could probably be done to sever a Jedi's link to the Force. Lightsaber would still work, but bye-bye to telekinesis and lightning. Chances are good they'd be able to do that, since a human's mind isn't built by design for psionic activity like a Protoss's is, and it'd be even easier to "isolate" him.

Even Yoda would probably get the beat-down laid on his pistachio ass by the most basic of DTs if that's the case.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I thought that was only for protoss? They all had a link before the wars, the Dark Templar just severed their link to their breather en. I doubt it has anything to do with other races, let alone a Jedi's.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
No, read the novels dude. Protoss are capable of influencing others' mental capacities. In one of the novels, a Dark Templar (I think it was Xerana in book #2) was being attacked by Aiurian loyalites and struck back by severing their link to the Khala. In the confusion, she cloaked and escaped.

Powerful attack. They can do a lot more than what's shown in-game, according to the novels (which are sponsored by Blizzard and accepted as canon).

Oh, and a Protoss history lesson for ya:

Way back when, like in the days of tribal life for the Protoss (spears as main offense lol), they did share a link with each other. After xel'nagan interference, the Protoss became more selfish and warlike, each tribe convinced of themselves holding the xel'naga's favor. The increasing conflict led the xel'naga to leave, which really set the 'Toss off as every tribe blamed the rest of the race for driving away the xel'naga. The tribes grew apart and eventually all the Protoss lost their communal link, thus beginning the Aeon of Strife.

A very small group of Protoss friends began to tire of the constant war, and began to learn about the world around them. One of them even invented the written language. Exploring together they learned a lot about the xel'naga through discoveries of old temples and establishments, and they set out to reunite their people. One ended up taking the name Khas. Khas accidentally rediscovered the link they once had, and spread it to everyone he could as the Khala, a discipline that pulled all Protoss together and made them almost as one.

Khas became legend, considered a prophet even, as liberator of his people. The Khala persisted, and united all but the small group of Protoss who were afraid that the Khala would rob them of their individuality. The fanatical group of Khalai (the followers of the Khala) rejected the "heretics" and had them originally sentenced to death...but the Protoss commander Adun couldn't bear to murder his brethren and instead secretely arranged for them to go into exile. These exiles became the Dark Templar.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Jedi wins hands down.

They could just ****ing forcethrow their saber all around them and create a barrier that no melee weapons would be able to get through, before being destroyed.

BTW, youre "blades made of voidness and entropy blah blah blah i RP too hard" against Lightsabers, pretty sure LS's would win. Nothing can stop a lightsaber, except another lightsaber.

Not to mention you throw it evil jedi's and we're talking being able to essentially kill you by looking at you, and any trained Jedi is pretty much a master of perception...

Yeah, DT's really stand no chance. You think that all Jedi's can do is what's in the movies, but boy-oh-boy are you wrong. I mean ****, one of Lukes disciples that went evil nuked pretty much a whole ****ing contient with Force Lightning to stop dead an entire army. DT's aint got ****.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
^ force lightning an entire continent? wow, jedis are really that powerful? anyway im basing it only on the movies. the movies alone i think shows enough how really powerful jedis are.

well in attack of the clones they got massacred. and when i see anakin vs obi or yoda vs sith fights, sure they look insanely powerful and fast and precise, but i can still see a dark templar in there battling and killing a jedi. maybe the dt moves twice as fast and have insane reflexes than the jedis.

the zealot got a charge ability in sc2, maybe its an instant teleport attack that can kill enemy in a blink of an eye. well its just unfortunate that we have neet seen how zealot or a dt truly fights. lets wait for sc2 maybe they can show us some.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
For someone who's all up on a high horse, you don't seem to know too much.

Lightsabers are just light. Highly focused light, true...but nothing but light. I heard about something called a vibro-axe (from a complete freaking Star Wars nerd) that shatters them. Raw matter from the Void would cut through them like it cuts through a Cerebrate's energies, killing what's supposedly unkillable.

Not to mention Dark Templar take the cake when it comes to mental abilities. They're masters of subtlety and stealth...considering they're a race of beings whose evolutionary path gave them extraordinary psionic abilities, who've honed them with centuries of wandering through the most remote regions of space...you think Yoda's old? Most Dark Templar are at least 700 and still in fighting prime.

A Jedi'd have to know the DT was there...and when a race of ancient psionic warriors' mental abilities come up against what basically amount to cosmic hippies of races with very little natural ability...it's not even a contest. A Dark Templar could completely veil his presence...I mean, they do it against other Protoss, hiding from a "human with ear putty" would be a refreshing relaxation.

Oh, and about that "sphere of death" barrier thing. That's all well and good for physical threats, but when the DT can reach into your mind and royally **** your brain, probably rendering you a babbling fool on a good day and catatonic on a bad one...fancy stuff like that doesn't really matter.

Your flaw is that you assume those silly little 2.5 tier stealth units in a video game are all that comprises a Dark Templar's abilities. The fact is, you have a physical race trying to play Mind Wars with one that was evolved over thousands of years to be THE superior psionic race...and the Dark Templar are the ones who've had centuries of open minds to learn secrets of the Void. Could a Jedi beat a Zealot? Sure. A DT, not a chance.

I mean, when a single lone Dark Templar can mind**** a whole camp of seasoned warriors of her own psionically-inclined race, it's just silly to think that Samuel L. Jackson in a toga could beat them.

I won't debate that Jedis have power...the whole "kill a continent" thing is pretty intense...I'm just saying it's like comparing an improvised potato gun to a military grade mortar. Sure, both can cause some damage, but one was made to do it while the other was just thrown together from some PVC. Protoss in general on a completely different tier of raw power, and DTs are the outsiders who've developed it to an extreme.

You just like arguing. You know I'm right.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Vadriel, you obviously have not read the books. Come back after you're enlightened, please.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Vadriel, you obviously have not read the books. Come back after you're enlightened, please.
^ this.

A fully trained Jedi in his prime would make short work of an entire Protoss Dark Templar society without much thought. They're just that powerful. I'm not saying the DT's arn't beasts, I'm just saying against a fully trained Jedi 1v1 they stand no chance.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'd go get a quote of how awesome a Jedi is in this one book I have, but I'm lazy. You'll just have to take my word for it.