Corruption in the US government?

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well....this is just a assumption....

The major players in the US government were all important members in the Oil and Energy industry.....voice your opinions.

Misterwhippy

Member!
Reaction score
It takes alot of money to get office now-a-days, people who own oil have money, therefore, they have a step up against the competition.

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Well, there are always lobbying group who give million to Canadates, like the NRA and oil companies. In exchange, they try to block some possibly harmful legislation and try to pass laws benificial to their major contributors. So in a way, the Congress and entire government (with possible exception for the Judicial sect) is corrupt. But no one really know just how much that corruption plays into other things.

MacMan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Corruption in the US government?? Ya think?! Nobody cared to read my whole thread, but it had some nice examples in there. I didn't post one about how (I think it was Rumsfeld) was friends with some guy who ran a ducktape company and was having poor sales, so he did him a favor and threw in ducktape durring that whole "buy these items so the terrorists can't get you" period.

IDefy

Reaction score
The entire goverment is just one big giant scandal and mystery.

SmokeyJoe

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Topic: Corruption in the US Government..Discuss!!

I am flabbergasted that Red-Blooded Americans (I think most of us are Americans here) would entertain the notion that there is corruption in our Great Nations Law Making Democratic Body!!

Put those Oakley "Rose-Colored Sunglasses" back on and drive to McDonalds in your new Ford Explorer SUV; pick up some Happy Meals for the kids...you know, with the new Finding Nemo toys in them!! Contribute to Society!! Make money to Spend Money!!

finalfantasynut

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
corruption is human nature but you are correct
The major players in the US government were all important members in the Oil and Energy industry.....voice your opinions.
this fact is true
I am flabbergasted that Red-Blooded Americans (I think most of us are Americans here) would entertain the notion that there is corruption in our Great Nations Law Making Democratic Body!!
the truth is there is corruption. if you are not blinded by propiganda can see this. we said iraq had things they did not and now that were there we are conventently getting near there oil...

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if your saying they didnt have wmd your wrong... we gave them the weapons, we know they had them. the question was do they have a nuclear program? the govvernment made people believe saddam had a nuclear program even though they didnt to gain support for the war. im not saying oil wasnt a part of it... it could be, or maybe not.

SmokeyJoe

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the truth is there is corruption. if you are not blinded by propiganda can see this. we said iraq had things they did not and now that were there we are conventently getting near there oil...

Um FFNut..I hate being quoted out of context..do you sense Any sarcasm in that quote?? Read my next paragraph..the Sarcasm Abounds!!

And I agree with you 100% about the Irag issue..WMD's my left butt cheek!!

finalfantasynut

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i know but i have spoken to people who said both things and ment them so i have to figure that people have been brain washed by propiganda

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
One thing: If you can introduce me to one non-corrupt governent, I will give you a cookie! Seriously, there is not such thing as a government that is not corrupt.

Why bring up Iraq and the search? We have yet to finish our survey of the country. It's the size of California for goodness sake! They are saying that the earliest they say they can be sure they've surveyed the entire country is January, 2004. The earliest they can be sure, yay or nay, of any WMD or even Nuclear program is mid 2004. Seriously.

Now, who's being corrupted by propoganda? Anyone who believes the media. That being people who believe that we are done searching and have confirmed there is nothing there. Anyone who pays attention will know that that is not true, just the liberal media ruling your lives.

I'll give an example of how hard the truth is to find. I was reading the Charlotte Observer. Page A1: Some unimportant article due to ovious lies (misquoting people and such, I wathced the live newscast). Page A16: Two lines saying that the military in Iraq was still in the process of searching Iraq. It was hard to find. I found it on accident, actually. They tried their hardest to hide said article (if you can call it that).

Who's more corrupt? I say the media, but you can never measure corruption. The truth is that we've "stepped up" since Clinton. And Gore would have been about 500 steps down. There is no government that is not corrupt.

Now, do you want me to bring up the oil thing? I doubt you want me to; it will likely get long.

finalfantasynut

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
first bring up the oil i find you intresting and of course there is not a not corrupt goverment power corrupts i have about 30 quotes on that if you want me to post them

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i completely agree with bam. i have supported this war from the start and its not over yet. soldiers will die as long as we are there and that will be as long as it take to find weapons or embarress ourselves in front of the world. the entire world knows we are right though.... iraq HAD weapons. do they still? maybe, maybe not. france cant say they dont have weapons... they gave them weapons. so did germany... so did russia... so did america. this is about a bunch of countries trying to save their face by lying to the public.

finalfantasynut

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
once we went to war i supported it but i still dont like it and in 2005 i will post here and either post yes i am wrong or no i am not but i have no reason not to say i am wrong thats the buity of haveing no self respect nothing corrupts your judgement

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Okay, the oil thing. For the most part, people think of Enron here. Yes, it is likely that the Republican Party (and Democratic at the same time) was supported by them; I don't pay too much attention to financial support. The thing is that Enron went out bankrupt! They are being sued by the government for various reasons (I'm sure you know most/all the charges). Bush certainly is not holding back. Who cares if an Enron rep was seen in a news confrence with him? What matters is that noone (that I know who wasn't fired) helped them out. I'd go on, but I stopped paying too much attention to the Enron scandle a long time ago.

Or do you want me to talk about the Alaskan land drill that Bush okayed? Why wouldn't he? The corperation that made the proposal said that it would be safe and environmentally friendly. Bush assigned a special team to watch over the project to ensure they would be true to their word. Most people don't know that. Oh, and Bush appointed the major nah-sayers to select a team. I'm willing to bet Bush sent his own, hand-picked team to ensure fairness on both sides. Bush is about compromises, it seems. We need oil until Hydrogen Fuel Engines (HFE) are available. There is a major site in Alaska for drilling, the only problem is protected wilderness. Bush only made that compromise due to the corp.'s promise.

Or what about Iraq? Of course we care about oil there! There are major sites there, and, as long as Sadam was there, we couldn't set up free trade and ensure the people there wouldn't starve from Saddam's oppretion and tyranny. There is no way to ensure that Saddam still had his WMDs, but he likely had programs still set up. There is evidence of that, but it's likely that he at least had half a brain and destroyed as much evidence as possible (we're still tranlating captured documents and interigating POWs and Saddam's loyalists).

Do you want anything else? I will answer questions.

finalfantasynut

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Or what about Iraq? Of course we care about oil there! There are major sites there, and, as long as Sadam was there, we couldn't set up free trade and ensure the people there wouldn't starve from Saddam's oppretion and tyranny. There is no way to ensure that Saddam still had his WMDs, but he likely had programs still set up. There is evidence of that, but it's likely that he at least had half a brain and destroyed as much evidence as possible (we're still tranlating captured documents and interigating POWs and Saddam's loyalists).
do you belive that our goverment even cares about the people of iraq they want money have you looked at how indebt we are if you dont belive this happend with Afaganistan too

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
One thing:
PR

If you can do two things, make money for the economy and show humanitarian "stuff" (sorry about not actually coming up with the word, but I'm in several conversations and in a hurry), you can increase how much people like you (PR). Yes we want to make money, ultimately, out of this, but you must address humanitarian concerns, too. We have already forged a relationship with the people of Iraq, especially since we have actually gathered all three of the major Muslim groups in one building to work on a new government. We got the group noone thought we would be able to get in there, the Shi-ites. The Suni and Kurds were givins as they already like us, and the idea of a new, democratic government. They will likely open up trade with us, and there will be a nice relationship there. As for Afganistan, there were a lot of mistakes dealing with that. Bush didn't like those mistakes, so he's having a new person head things up. He only wants a policing force in Iraq and Afganistan now, as they are basically "under control".

So, to answer your question, even if our government doesn't care, I believe Bush does. He's an honest guy. He has tried his hardest to work with the most difficult situation imaginable. A president with an almost perfectly split congress and a media that hates his party. He has made comprimises to try and "justify" that end.

finalfantasynut

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
bush is not an honest guy and i bet your so happy he is a war hero too he had a cushy spot in the texas air guard and flew over a desert in iraq and thats how he was a war hero bush is a scam both him and his father they also are the 2 most stupid indeviduals i have ever heard of

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Okay? I could name dumber individuals:

Clinton, Gore, Hillery... I could go on, but that's besides the point.

If we want an intelligent president, we shouldn't have anything to do with election on TV. Have it completely on radio. Who said he was a war hero? I certainly didn't/wouldn't.

And no military position is "cushy". You can ask anyone that. True a non-airman might joke around at first, but, if you ask them seriously, you'll get a serious answer. Bush flew a plane over the desert; you can bet on that. It's likely my dad got a few communiques concerning him, as well as hundreds of other pilots. I believe that Bush did have to fly over enemy territory. I doubt he got to "avoid" AABs (anti-air batteries).

SmokeyJoe

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Bam..you live in Charlotte, huh? Ah..the banking capital of the South..we're moving on up..watch out NY!! And what do you mean we've "stepped up" since Clinton? Looks like our economy must have slipped..

George Herbert Walker Bush (Sr.) was the war hero..my Grandpa was a big fan of his..my only concern is that Dubya Bush focuses a little more on domestic issues - i.e. the economy.