Can we still even use stuff like this?

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by CelestialBadger
You say that you never said it degrades intelligence, but then you go on to say that swearing constantly means you have a poor vocabulary and that you assume people aren't smart based on how much they swear.

I don't judge on how much someone swears. I judge on how much they make sense, and that post made absolutely no sense.
I do judge by how much swearing people do; at least on a moral level. I am sorry if none of you have any morals, but where I come from, swearing is "wrong". You just don't do it.

Swearing doesn't cause degrading of intelligence. Swearing *CAN* be an indication that the person has poor vocabulary. Some people just swear to jest, and that is perfectly fine. When you constantly use those words as a means to communicate, it makes you look like a fool.

Also, if you looked up the word intelligence, you wouldn't see vocabulary anywhere in there. Vocabulary != Intelligence

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL...how does swearing have anything to do with morals?

Teddy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RoaCh Of DisCord
LOL...how does swearing have anything to do with morals?

I dont like when people say RoD

it confuse's me.. makes me feel like people are talking about my RoD.. ;)

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Argon swearing is a sign of emotion...

True gangsta fuck daddy might abuse it but....

As for the editing everything but the assylum I don't believe that is an option. I have never really broken down vb and ****ed with it for long periods of time, but I have messed around with the admin panel, and help to run vb sites through the admin panel.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe there is a hack for it.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Akule
you're not 14...
i could've sworn i was..

i guess my calendar is just way..way off..

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You keep twisting what you're saying. I don't care whether vocabulary is equal or not equal to intelligence. I know it isn't. You said that:
But when I start seeing excessive swearing in ANY document I am reading, I instantly assume the person is not very smart.
Sorry if I misinterpereted what you said, but that quote's pretty straight-forward. Seems pretty hard to misinterperet.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I had that very same picture (though a little smaller than that) as my avatar overhere after the caveman. Then I got this one, because I got a PM saying my... 'taste'... for avatars was unapropriate...

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by CelestialBadger
Sorry if I misinterpereted what you said, but that quote's pretty straight-forward. Seems pretty hard to misinterperet.
Yes. You heard right. That is how I think.

I assume on the spot the person isn't very smart. It is in my nature to do so, and you can sue me for it.

Remove the swearing filters in the asylum, but no where else. This is a gaming forum, plain and simple.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Okay, whatever. It's really not worth arguing over since it's unlikely to change. Do whatever with the swearing filter.

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
I had that very same picture (though a little smaller than that) as my avatar overhere after the caveman. Then I got this one, because I got a PM saying my... 'taste'... for avatars was unapropriate...
remembered that... hated that.