Can we still even use stuff like this?

TweaK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok.

Bullshit, freedom of expression.

Also, you must remember. That #3 On your list...
"People often do not take people who swear lots seriously"
Or something along that lines... Now, from my knowledge, that would apply in the working world, rather than a teen-filled forum full of highschool kids that are generally 13-20 years old. Swearing DOES make people take you seriously at this age.
(Well, where I live)

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
What's this about it degrading intelligence? Oh, that's right. It's bullshit that you just made up (OMG BULLSHIT !! IQ DROP!!!!!shift11oneone)

Anyway, why do we have to cover parents' asses for them? Parents who would take away a computer for a stupid reason like that need to realize that in the real world people swear. You have to deal with it. We're helping children by exposing them to profanity. Everyone put a cuss word in their signature. Parents will thank you for it when their kid doesn't grow up to be some sort of ****ed-up dork.

Note: I used more profanity than I normally would in there just to be ironic. People bitching about things only wants me to annoy the shit out of them.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by TwEaK
Ok.

Bullshit, freedom of expression.

Also, you must remember. That #3 On your list...
"People often do not take people who swear lots seriously"
Or something along that lines... Now, from my knowledge, that would apply in the working world, rather than a teen-filled forum full of highschool kids that are generally 13-20 years old. Swearing DOES make people take you seriously at this age.
(Well, where I live)
It depends on where you live I guess. Swearing to me, just seems unnecessary. If you can't emphasize a point by not swearing, what is the point of even saying anything?

@Badger: I never said "degrade intelligence". I said "Degrade character", get it right.

It doesn't annoy me that anyone swears. But when I start seeing excessive swearing in ANY document I am reading, I instantly assume the person is not very smart. Swearing constantly means that you have no vocabulary to gather on.

Again, I don't really care if anyone swears. However, battleforums is a GAMING forum. To fulfill these guidelines, no swearing is needed at all. That is why the language filter is there. Battleforums should be a safe place, not another "bad site" to add to the many that exist.

TweaK

Premium Member
Reaction score
HOW IS BATTLEFORUMS NOT A SAFE PLACE IF I SAY
FUCK!! FAGGOT!! COCK!!111 OMGGgmg

OH HES BAD I DEGRADED MY CHARACTER NOW EVERYBODYS GOING TO GET AOL TO BAN THIS SITE

GANGSTERS ARE GOING TO RAID THE PLACE BECAUSE ITS NOT SAFE BECAUSE

Heh I know how to make myself look crazy don't I?

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
WELL WHAT THE FUCK!

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Dude, tweak calm down. Honestly, if you think that will bug me you are wrong....

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Originally posted by TwEaK
HOW IS BATTLEFORUMS NOT A SAFE PLACE IF I SAY
FUCK!! FAGGOT!! COCK!!111 OMGGgmg

OH HES BAD I DEGRADED MY CHARACTER NOW EVERYBODYS GOING TO GET AOL TO BAN THIS SITE

GANGSTERS ARE GOING TO RAID THE PLACE BECAUSE ITS NOT SAFE BECAUSE

Heh I know how to make myself look crazy don't I?

Now I'm going to be a juvinile deliquent and murder people thanks for wrecking my life.

Personally I'd much rather have 13-14 yr old kids off the fourm. A fourm filled with gaheadga's O_O

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Why not just remove the filter from the asylum?

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
or how about we just have a warn button for excessive swearing (no other swearing rules)? i think as long as members dont abuse their power to swear, we can have no real rules against swearing.

and theroy, most 14 year olds i know are not gaheadgas

do i act gaheadga to you?

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
[COLOR=33DD33]I think the pic is funny, but for younger ppls (like 5 or something) sake when they surf this site, it should be censored.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=004400]-[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]M[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]a[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]tr[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]x[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]-[/COLOR]​

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
EXCEPT in teh asylum. If your mommy watches over your shoulder at all times, don't browse the asylum. Simple.

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
[COLOR=33DD33]Well yes, but if somebody put it in a sig then mommy would get pissed.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=004400]-[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]M[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]a[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]tr[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]x[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]-[/COLOR]​

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aragorn7
It depends on where you live I guess. Swearing to me, just seems unnecessary. If you can't emphasize a point by not swearing, what is the point of even saying anything?

@Badger: I never said "degrade intelligence". I said "Degrade character", get it right.

It doesn't annoy me that anyone swears. But when I start seeing excessive swearing in ANY document I am reading, I instantly assume the person is not very smart. Swearing constantly means that you have no vocabulary to gather on.

Again, I don't really care if anyone swears. However, battleforums is a GAMING forum. To fulfill these guidelines, no swearing is needed at all. That is why the language filter is there. Battleforums should be a safe place, not another "bad site" to add to the many that exist.
You say that you never said it degrades intelligence, but then you go on to say that swearing constantly means you have a poor vocabulary and that you assume people aren't smart based on how much they swear.

I don't judge on how much someone swears. I judge on how much they make sense, and that post made absolutely no sense.