Best Race to use Firelord with?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Pit Lord has doom, but from Doom he can summon another multi damage unit.
However, RoF + Howl together burns mana fast, also denotes his real skill: Cleaving Attack. But I do agree with you on the use of RoF, also you can hurt ground units that are stuck or against idiots who don't know how to move men.

Also RoF has a low damage potential, unless you include the DPS it does in the "afterburn". I know this because A) I play PL first hero and B) I wrote a hero strategy about him in one of the stickies. I am not bragging here, but I am bringing a solid point.

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
So have you heard of I_Mass_Pitlords? He's a Mannaroth fanatic and uses him first hero all the time. Pitlord+UD Casters is what he's known for...i guess he gets pretty good results...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Are you kidding? He has good results when you get Cleave, Howl and buff him under Unholy Frenzy on blighten ground. But lets switch back to the firelord now... we shouldn't really be talking about Pit Lords in a Fire Lord thread. And besides, who would go wyverns when you have no melee and your enemy is mostly fiends.

Revelade said:
You know, Fire Lord is somewhat viable with humans and brilliance aura. However, if someone goes anti caster versus you, not only will your summons be useless, but slow, polymorph and innerfire as well.

Destroyers, spirit walkers, shaman, priest, spell breaker, wisp, fairie dragon, dryad, etc...
You have no clue how many human players I have broken in FFA or even in Solo with the use of these anti-casters. I let my army get slowed a bit, then I mass dispel it after I think it has enough. There goes 220 mana (some of them sheep my guys) plus all the mana you used to slow my army.

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
And besides, who would go wyverns when you have no melee and your enemy is mostly fiends.
Ya you wouldn't think orcs would go air vs. fiends but they do. Especially in a creep jack situation, UD's find themselves burning lots of TP's vs wyvern if you can't get good position. Then they follow up with bats for the inevitable destroyers.

Same shit with like who the hell tries to kill dryads with gargs? But they do...

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
G-Blunted said:
Same shit with like who the hell tries to kill dryads with gargs? But they do...
I kill dryads with bloodlusted peons. Works every time. The suprise factor is more than enough for a GG. :rofl2

On a side note, if you need a good laugh, make a screw-off account, be orc, 4v4 RT, mass peons, tech to t3, and get lust. Seriously, this is hilarious. Get a zeppelin or two. Drop lusted peons inside a base. People are like wtf newb. Im like wtf i just wtfpwned ur hall with peons. Good day to you sir.

EDIT: Oh and i was really stoned when i did this, so it was even funnier. Ever try lusting a wisp or aco? They get HUGE! Well, the acos do, dunno if u can lust wisps... gonna get stoned tonight and try it, anyone game? LMAO!

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
FL can be good while creeping, with spawns and incinerate. also he can benifit from all races buffs (bloodlust, unholy frenzy, roar, ect.) if you play footmen frenzy he can multiply like crazy and his incinerate can do killer damage with bloodlust and claws of attack. the only experience i have with firelord is on footmen frenzy so i dont know, all i know is that his 1st few lvs suck.

lol and by the way funny plan zx9r

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
anyone know if u can lust wisps? still havnt gotten to try it out yet... i think it would be funny as hell to see a giant non attacking wisp... gogo bloodlust lumber harvesting!

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
Well since wisps can't even attack I don't think bloodlust is going to do much for 'em. Doubt it'll boost their mana burn abilities. However you can UnholyFrenzy a wisp and it'll die :)

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
lmao, thats funny... nah i know that bloodlust wont do diddly for them, but i know lust makes things get bigger, just wanted to know if i would see a wisp on steroids. =)

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Revelade said:
You know, Fire Lord is somewhat viable with humans and brilliance aura. However, if someone goes anti caster versus you, not only will your summons be useless, but slow, polymorph and innerfire as well.
Exactly, brilliance goes well with the fire lord, also the orb of fire goes well with his incineration.
And even if the opponent gets anticasters u can quickly switch to soul burn and incineration using retraining book.

Hellwolf_36 said:
And yet, I am insulted when morons decide to pick Rain of Fire over Howl. If you want a real AoE hero, then get humans!
I think this pit lord could become a future tavern star hero like the fire lord was in 1.17.

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
I think this pit lord could become a future tavern star hero like the fire lord was in 1.17.

Pit Lord *IS* a star tavern hero already! He is very commonly used with UD vs. ORC to help reduce that damage at tier 2. In fact have you seen the deciding game in the first Bo3 between WE.IGE.Sweet and 4k^Grubby on Terenas Stand?? Sweet goes DK+Fiends with Pitlord 2nd and pwns grubby in like 13min at the Blizzard World Wide Invitational last month, in which he then went on to win the whole thing!! It was pretty cool seeing an UD player beating The Best Orc Player In The World in this sort of imperfect (imbalanced) UDvOrc matchup...Sweet used lots of fiend pressure and lots of blight while pushing Grubby's xpo (terenas stand) or main base (twisted meadows) which was cool too...

Here's the replay of Pitlord > Grubby :grunt

http://www.wcreplays.com/_replays/6052/20060204/[wcr20060204]4K_Grubby_(O)_WE_IGE_Sweet_(U)_3.w3g

ChrisH36

Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
The only reason he was a tavern star was because Incinerate was a harassing god. The Pit Lord has many pluses, just like the Tinker is he easily misused and underestimated for his powers.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Revelade said:
But even incinerate can be dispelled...
Really? I thought this was an effect, are u sure?

Hellwolf_36 said:
The only reason he was a tavern star was because Incinerate was a harassing god. The Pit Lord has many pluses, just like the Tinker is he easily misused and underestimated for his powers.
The tinker is a good hero but is more a high level good hero, like the palladin.
I've seen some replays recently with the palladin and I'm telling u this hero at level 8 is imba with resurection, devotion aura and holy light.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Not really. At level 1 when first picked, he can take on a yellow with just 2-3 men or even none. He is that damn powerful with his spell. At level 4+, he becomes effective at taking down player units.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, but there are pretty many heroes who can take yellow alone.

This hero I think it is good at base assaults but in open field combat I think that the factory is very static. Also, at low levels he is pretty vulnerable (being an inteligence hero) and he doesn't move too fast like AM or FS. But he is a good hero because the factory can not be dispelled and can be used to micro around it.

Hey Hellwolf, Revelade said upwords that Incineration can be dispelled, is that true?
The thing is that if it works this means that the progressive damage attack chain of the firelord breaks so the spell is useless.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Hero debuffs/buffs have to be dispelled manually, meaning that Abolish Magic has some way of working. I will try it when I get home.

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
hey soul burn is pretty good if you want to decrease damage if heros, especialy when they are using blade master(also cancles out windwalk) , or any other hero rushing heros becuz 4 seconds can be a long time while they are invdading your town.