Best Race to use Firelord with?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Unless you get pit lord first. However, you need to keep him alive to utilize his effects against multiple units.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Pitlord is still garbage with Undead, Cryptlored is much better for str/tank hero.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I see a very viable strategy with the FL and UD. Spawns need to attack X times to split right? Say we add unholy frenzy, which increases attack rate by 75%...

Even with that, I think the hero is still garbage. The spawns are weak and die fast to FF and don't do much more than a fiend would. 150 mana means a summon at the wrong time is much more painful and costly than if you summoned a cheap beetle from a CL.

The FL itself has low hp and doesn't do great damage.

Soul Burn can be useful to nullify their hero, but chances are, their hero will still have a better DPS than your FL.

I haven't found an effective way of using incinerate, but it might have a possibility.

Finally, volcano looks cool, but it takes way too long to do, doesn't do reliable damage like earthquake does and leaves him vulnerable, when he already has low hp.

His spells cost too much and are too specialized to use.

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
so you mean to say that every hero should do everything and pwn hardcore no matter what? that would take no skill/ stratagy.
Incierate works wonders on enemy casters and low hp meele units that are in tight corters. Soul burn is awsome its like shadow stike + doom what better. Valcano is a base wreaking spell its not for units. and yeah the lava spawns do suck some wank but if you micro them you should be able to get them to split

ChrisH36

Reaction score
However, Soul Burn doesnt last as long as it looks. I would prefer using it to break channels more than a status debuff.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, and on heroes soul burn is nothing for damage, is only good for spell casting incapability thing.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I only ever use those single unit debuffs on something that lasts the full length and can make a difference. Like t3 air, nothing like making a chim do like 60 damage. Although, I feel Howl of Terror does a better job in that department.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The hero dies quickly.

The lava spawns die quickly.

Soul Burn isn't a stun and only works well on uber units, which is tier 3 and lasts too short on heroes.

Incinerate could be useful, but is not an instant spell.

The hero is bad.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Soul Burn is nothing on heroes (from the point of view of damage), his only effefctive thing is the fact that they cannot cast spells for a few sec.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Also, Volcano isnt as effective as it looks. You could stun your own units, doesn't effect air. Its really just Earthquake minus the slow effect. If you were stuck and volcano was right under you, I'd understand its use there.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Who do you think you are talking to?

I would also like to point out that I am not a fan of the firelord. But if I need to use him, then I use him. I take the Pit Lord, Tinker or the Dark Ranger mostly from the Taverns.

Pit lord is like teh undead hero for me. Ever seen Unholy Frenzy + PL + Cleave? It can be nasty
Tinker is just fun and a creeping god, he can take on yellows if he has 1-2 units and a Factory up.
Dark Ranger is there for support, since Silence is pure evil against casters. I am not a fan of the Dark Minions since I could probably summon better things, but they have thier strengths like on rushes and shit.

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
Ive used both Firelord and PitLord quite a few times, and I can say that most situations, PitLord is a better investment. Howl affects all units in an area, has a decent cooldown so you can spam it often, and cleave is just icing on the cake. And Hellwolf is right, PL with UHfrenzy/howl/cleave and a healh pot or two is nothing any race wants to F* with. Id rather reduce the dmg of an entire army than have a few spawns kicking around. Just my 2 cents.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
And yet, I am insulted when morons decide to pick Rain of Fire over Howl. If you want a real AoE hero, then get humans!

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah pitlord shouldnt even have RoF, i dont know any good strat at using it, unless maybe u were human with AM/BM/PL and breakers... thats just too much AoE ;)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, Rain of Fire adds to the Pit Lord's Primary function: Destroying or affecting multiple units at once.

FeRN@n2

Member!
Reaction score
The fl is a lot like the dr, but shes better:
silence>soulburn (more effect and less mana)
arrow=incinerate?
charm>>volcano (a lot more useful in battle)
75 mana life drain takes 55 hp per second>the damn 150 mana spawn needs 15 hits to split!
just my thoughts...

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You know, Fire Lord is somewhat viable with humans and brilliance aura. However, if someone goes anti caster versus you, not only will your summons be useless, but slow, polymorph and innerfire as well.

Destroyers, spirit walkers, shaman, priest, spell breaker, wisp, fairie dragon, dryad, etc...

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
zx9r said:
Yeah pitlord shouldnt even have RoF, i dont know any good strat at using it, unless maybe u were human with AM/BM/PL and breakers... thats just too much AoE ;)

Actually...there is a good strat using RoF with UD vs. Orc. Being as Pitlord is already the best choice for second hero vs. orc, the strat is (really pitlord first but...) used against wyverns believe it or not. Spiders + Pitlord with Howl/RoF/Howl/RoF/Howl/Doom...when the Orc goes wyvern vs. your spiders (yes, wyvern can counter spiders just like gargs can counter dryads) you web the wyvern and use RoF on them and they die real quick cause well, they can't go anywhere...so ya, that's the strat using it! :grunt

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Er I don't remember Pit Lord having Volcano...

but this sounds neat. Rain of fire is a strong spell, but the weakness is that units can move around. Web takes care of that. Sounds good.