Barbarian is the only returning class.

Jetfusion

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
well thats not true but i agree like hell gate London you have guns magic and swords and it is technological and it works out lol

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I really doubt Diablo will move into any era of firearms. It gets kind of pointless...the whole idea of "big evil beasts that take over everything in existance" kinda starts to lose its terror if you can just pop a metal slug in their head and be done with it. Even arrowproof enemies aren't necessarily bulletproof.
We aren't talking bullets. Rifles fire bullets. Rifles come 400 years later. Muskets fire pellets. If anything, Crossbows in short range had better accuracy, and better range and crossbows with a direct hit pierce armor. Early Hand Cannons had about the same fire power as crossbows. I'm sorry but if you are suggesting the creatures of hell would be felled by small pieces of metal no more powerful than crossbows, Diablo and his army is really fucking gay.

I recognize that a newer technology like firearms would be primitive and inaccurate, but the fact remains that you'd be a lot less scared of Diablo if you had a line of cannons. If you can kill Diablo with a sword, you can blow him to pieces with a cannon.
Except the game isn't about armies with cannons. You make no sense. You are a sole adventurer, you have a brand new hand cannon, you fight the hordes of evil, you're fucking shitting yourself. Not to mention Hells army seems to all be able to make swords and shield and bows and crossbows and catapults, one would think that they could start making muskets, making a really fucking scary army of evil creatures.

This is an age of magic, not technology. Potion alchemy is pretty much the only form of science they're using, and sorcerors ARE the cannons of this age. Why play around with inventing a way to shoot a little piece of metal when you can summon a big-ass fireball? The reason we invented guns was because we COULDN'T do that...so we went from knives to long-range knives (arrows) to improved arrows (bullets).
That's like saying why bother using arrows when you can just shoot fire balls. I'm, sure the rogues would be pretty damn happy to use muskets instead of arrows. We Didn't invent gunpowder to make cannons. It was an accident, and unless Diablo universe is populated by incredibly thick individuals, there is no reason why guns will not be invented.

If D3 goes into an age of firearms, it'll just ruin the concept. It'd be like people showing up in Middle Earth with a line of muskets to cut down every damn Uruk-hai that came after them. The threat of unknown monsters that will more than likely kill you if you try to take a sword to them and can deflect most arrows just kind of diminishes when you stand there, say 'bang', and they fall down dead.
No because I'm talking about late Middle Ages. whole Armies weren't equipped with muskets until 2-3 hundred years later, and even then mostly only more advanced nations. The point of introducing them is to give an indication that time has actually passed, not spend the centuries stuck in the middle ages like every fantasy literature in existence.

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you plan on politely asking diablos minions to wait while you take a couple minutes to reload? Since your using realism as your main point(lol) you'd get mobbed after the first shot and wouldn't have a chance at getting a 2nd due to a very slow rof.

Why would you want an inaccurate and unreliable weapon anyways? Do you plan on trying to save the world only on days it isn't raining?

Jetfusion

Reaction score
Do you plan on politely asking diablos minions to wait while you take a couple minutes to reload? Since your using realism as your main point(lol) you'd get mobbed after the first shot and wouldn't have a chance at getting a 2nd due to a very slow rof.

Why would you want an inaccurate and unreliable weapon anyways? Do you plan on trying to save the world only on days it isn't raining?
:thumbsup:
This is true it ruins the whole idea of diablo it would just be stupid

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
We aren't talking bullets. Rifles fire bullets. Rifles come 400 years later. Muskets fire pellets. If anything, Crossbows in short range had better accuracy, and better range and crossbows with a direct hit pierce armor. Early Hand Cannons had about the same fire power as crossbows. I'm sorry but if you are suggesting the creatures of hell would be felled by small pieces of metal no more powerful than crossbows, Diablo and his army is really fucking gay.

Semantics. Bullets and pellets are the same fucking thing, one's just more refined. The fact is, shooting pieces of metal is more effective than shooting a sharp piece of wood. If an early hand cannon has about the same firepower as a crossbow, then why the fuck would you want to complicate a fantasy game with modern technology? Stop trying to make Diablo 3 historically accurate. And the creatures of Hell DO get felled by small pieces of metal no powerful than crossbows...EVERYTHING does, you just have to actually aim.

Except the game isn't about armies with cannons. You make no sense. You are a sole adventurer, you have a brand new hand cannon, you fight the hordes of evil, you're fucking shitting yourself. Not to mention Hells army seems to all be able to make swords and shield and bows and crossbows and catapults, one would think that they could start making muskets, making a really fucking scary army of evil creatures.

The game isn't about guns either, smartass. YOU make no sense. It's a swords and sorcery game in a standard fantasy setting. Yeah, it's a fucking scary army...the reason it's so scary is that people aren't equipped with stuff like GUNS that can stop a demon in its tracks. Only a handful of people are actually warriors with the skill to use what's available...hence the "lone adventurer" thing.

That's like saying why bother using arrows when you can just shoot fire balls. I'm, sure the rogues would be pretty damn happy to use muskets instead of arrows. We Didn't invent gunpowder to make cannons. It was an accident, and unless Diablo universe is populated by incredibly thick individuals, there is no reason why guns will not be invented.

Why WOULD you bother using arrows when you can shoot fireballs? The rogues use arrows because it's what they have and what they've spent their lives training to use. Again, stop making Diablo into a history lesson. It's a fantasy game, not actually set in 14th century Europe. And considering the smartest people of the Diablo world, the Horadrim and the Vizjerei, are almost extinct...yeah, there aren't very many fucking intelligent people. Most of who you see in the game are pretty fucking tribal.

No because I'm talking about late Middle Ages. whole Armies weren't equipped with muskets until 2-3 hundred years later, and even then mostly only more advanced nations. The point of introducing them is to give an indication that time has actually passed, not spend the centuries stuck in the middle ages like every fantasy literature in existence.
Why try to make Diablo 3 something any different from the standard classic? It's pointless and you'll lose people. Every fantasy literature in existence is that way for a reason: it's what people like. It's ridiculous to think your own ideas and interests are so fucking important that Blizzard is going to step away from a proven moneymaking system to go all avant-garde with their next intended smash hit. Diablo isn't in the Middle Ages of Earth. Diablo is in Sanctuary, whose society is reminescent of the Middle Ages of Earth. And it's only been what, 10 years since D2? Centuries haven't passed.

The bottom line is there's no point to bringing such a completely unnecessary and genre-destroying change as guns in a swords-and-sorcery dungeoncrawler. It's just ridiculous. May as well throw Superman in there, or say that Diablo and his minions are actually aliens from Mars.

And what's more, you know this and are just being a cock for the sake of being contrary because you like arguing and trying to act like King Shit. Guns have no place in Diablo. You want to play with guns in the Diablo universe, play Nezeramontias. Otherwise, let Blizzard make their fucking game the way the professionals would do it to satisfy the mass of fans and make money rather than cater to the whims of a couple smartass history buffs with an overinflated sense of self-importance.

Cut the shit.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It's called variety. The point of it being similar to a crossbow is to emphasize that it isn't a "lol headshot" bullshit guy is trying to argue against me. It gives a variety and a new class of weapon, and possibly relate to a new cahracter class, that could easily be a Dragoon and awesome.

Semantics. Bullets and pellets are the same fucking thing, one's just more refined. The fact is, shooting pieces of metal is more effective than shooting a sharp piece of wood. If an early hand cannon has about the same firepower as a crossbow, then why the fuck would you want to complicate a fantasy game with modern technology? Stop trying to make Diablo 3 historically accurate. And the creatures of Hell DO get felled by small pieces of metal no powerful than crossbows...EVERYTHING does, you just have to actually aim.
False. Arrows have used steel tipped arrowheads for a majority of their existence, meaning your "lol wood" arrow argument is pointless nitpicking.
False. A Handcannon was more akin to a shotgun, low power except at close range in a wide area.
False. There is a huge difference between bullets and pellets. Pick up a god damn book, and learn why bullets revolutionized warfare.
False. "Modern technology". I'm not dignifying that with a response.

The game isn't about guns either, smartass. YOU make no sense. It's a swords and sorcery game in a standard fantasy setting. Yeah, it's a fucking scary army...the reason it's so scary is that people aren't equipped with stuff like GUNS that can stop a demon in its tracks. Only a handful of people are actually warriors with the skill to use what's available...hence the "lone adventurer" thing.
I never suggested adding guns. smartass.

No it isn't a standard fantasy setting and that is my point. IT is a medival Gothic themed horror game. IT isn't high fantasy, It isn't tolkien, and shouldn't be restricted by bullshit rules about "how it is supposed to be" set by you.

Why WOULD you bother using arrows when you can shoot fireballs? The rogues use arrows because it's what they have and what they've spent their lives training to use. Again, stop making Diablo into a history lesson. It's a fantasy game, not actually set in 14th century Europe. And considering the smartest people of the Diablo world, the Horadrim and the Vizjerei, are almost extinct...yeah, there aren't very many fucking intelligent people. Most of who you see in the game are pretty fucking tribal.
I didn't turn anyhting into a history lesson, until people started giving reasons why the setting time period didn't fit or using the term "modern technology". lmao.

Why try to make Diablo 3 something any different from the standard classic? It's pointless and you'll lose people. Every fantasy literature in existence is that way for a reason: it's what people like. It's ridiculous to think your own ideas and interests are so fucking important that Blizzard is going to step away from a proven moneymaking system to go all avant-garde with their next intended smash hit. Diablo isn't in the Middle Ages of Earth. Diablo is in Sanctuary, whose society is reminescent of the Middle Ages of Earth. And it's only been what, 10 years since D2? Centuries haven't passed.
It has been 20 years. 20 years to invent gunpowder, caste out a long iron tube, put pellets in it and ignite. thus we have a cannon.

The bottom line is there's no point to bringing such a completely unnecessary and genre-destroying change as guns in a swords-and-sorcery dungeoncrawler. It's just ridiculous. May as well throw Superman in there, or say that Diablo and his minions are actually aliens from Mars.
Stupid.

I'll ignore the fact your skipped over my clear criticism of lazy writing (ie. copying lotr fantasy), and focus on the "genre-destroying" phrase. You live in a sad sad world with narrow constraints on a fictional world. There is no mars and Superman is from Krypton, in the same universe as Earth. There are however Humans, who have the capacity for war, and innovation. There is no reason why no one will stumble on gun powder. Sorry if I like my games to be different and unique and not the same tired retread bullshit.

And what's more, you know this and are just being a cock for the sake of being contrary because you like arguing and trying to act like King Shit. Guns have no place in Diablo. You want to play with guns in the Diablo universe, play Nezeramontias. Otherwise, let Blizzard make their fucking game the way the professionals would do it to satisfy the mass of fans and make money rather than cater to the whims of a couple smartass history buffs with an overinflated sense of self-importance.

Cut the shit.
Boring. Post when your head isn't in your ass and you're off your period.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
who says the guns have to use bullets anyways? what if they shot condensed mana or some shit like that? its something to add variety. They added crossbows to diablo in diablo 2 right? shit, last time i checked crossbows irl are slow as fuck to reload(sure not as slow as a handcannon or blunderbuss, but still, slower than a bow and arrow) but they manage to make it appear fast enough to be a decent alternative to bows. Honestly, if i wanted to play a game that didn't change the diablo universe at all, i'd say fuck a sequel and stick with diablo 2. Hell, suddenly tyrael falls from earth in a comet? does that mean heaven is on the moon or something?

Jetfusion

Reaction score
Emperor Pan I

:getalife::stupid:stfu

Ok dude the emotes express my opinion of u

First off either way even pellets would freaking own the minions........and ohhh yea a steel tip arrow so totally travels as fast as a pellet from a musket riiiiiiiiight.........soooo therefore if the pellet is traveling that fast it will own them AND it is a Dungeons And Dragons do you have any idea of how much money they would make oh i am sorry you thought i was agreeing with you i meant they would make squat that would make it one of the biggest flop that has came from a major computer game company.

2nd off stop trying to sound like a history god like seriously
A it is a Game
B Nobody gives a shit especially about diablo in being real world historically correct only that it follows the diablo storyline.
C STFU dude like seriously your just arguing a retarded battle and all your doing is disming what other people say and going on arguing so go learn how to argue i think i know many people who are 13 who could agrue better than u dude like wow.
D ok dude wo you just brought this to a very bad lvl why we all know krypton is in this universe unless u never saw a superman movie or smallville or a comic like seriously

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
In diablo 2 the merc guy in act 5 talks about how the blacksmith wanted to fill pipes with exploding powder and steel balls(i knew that he said something weird about larzuk like that but didnt think guns/cannons). The game is set 20 years after diablo 2...its at least 'plausable'

and lets not forget the assassin trap tree.

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
If gunpowder is added it should be in the form of bombs and cannons, not guns.

SIF Master

Reaction score
Website
www.xat.com
anybody now when D3 is comin out or is it out coz i dont play D2 much ever

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Emperor Pan I

:getalife::stupid:stfu

Ok dude the emotes express my opinion of u

First off either way even pellets would freaking own the minions........and ohhh yea a steel tip arrow so totally travels as fast as a pellet from a musket riiiiiiiiight.........soooo therefore if the pellet is traveling that fast it will own them AND it is a Dungeons And Dragons do you have any idea of how much money they would make oh i am sorry you thought i was agreeing with you i meant they would make squat that would make it one of the biggest flop that has came from a major computer game company.

2nd off stop trying to sound like a history god like seriously
A it is a Game
B Nobody gives a shit especially about diablo in being real world historically correct only that it follows the diablo storyline.
C STFU dude like seriously your just arguing a retarded battle and all your doing is disming what other people say and going on arguing so go learn how to argue i think i know many people who are 13 who could agrue better than u dude like wow.
D ok dude wo you just brought this to a very bad lvl why we all know krypton is in this universe unless u never saw a superman movie or smallville or a comic like seriously
Grammar is your friend.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
If anything, you're being the cock here. Pan's right. Mankind in any shape and form has always been shown as having the largest capacity for war. They have currently crossbows/bows in the diablo universe that shoot a million times faster than they normally should, so you can throw out the whole "lol just sit there and reload!" thing. Having a small pistol type of weapon, or a hand cannon, or a larger 2h weapon that worked like a cannon is something that should logically be looked at in the game.

Just because it's not in DnD, it's not in Tolkien, it's not in your little fanboy mythos doesn't mean that it wouldn't make some sense. Assassins already know about gunpowder, it's talked about in Act 5 of Diablo II, the game takes place 20 years after the huge campaign that brought most of the world to it's knees. It's a logical step for mankind to try out new weapons and new ideas in the way of defense/offense. Hell, I'd love for there to be a gunslinger class instead of an amazon type. One that uses guns, but also magic and fires concentrated blasts of mana/elements out of them. It would server as in interesting new class instead of the boring classes we already played to death in Diablo II, and it would show that the world of Diablo is actually evolving instead of being stuck in the perpetual evolutionless timeline that most games like it have.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I'm gonna go ahead and say that this is just a game, why bother disputing the little nuances within it?

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Because that's what happens when theres no news on the game.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
so i actually took this a step forward and emailed the writer of the diablo book :D. he said its very unlikely.