You there! (Yes, I'm talking to you.) Any peaceful thoughts?

Kamikaze

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by OniSyphon
NO...I'm saying we're the best example of how the world nationalities could get along
LOL!!!!!:D
i'm not even going to say it.

perhaps you don't get it?
the us attacked canada, in what they thought was a strike against the british for supposed wrongs they did.
where in history did it say "and canada being the war mongers they are, initiated the war with the us"

heres a quote form your rebuttal
"the Warhawks had to convince Congress to therefore people in the nation were on upon agreement."

do you even read my posts?
if you are reading them, are you retaining any of it?

read the quote by Daniel Webster again.
the nation was not in agreement.

i'm begining to think i'm arguing with a 12 year old:D

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Don't take it hard on him.

OniSyphon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Please tell me you guys are kidding...this is just sad...by saying I don't understand you're trying to say you have nothing to back up what you said end of conversation I don't care what age you try to denote me I still will rub it in your faces that your horribly wrong.

You keep refering to Daniel Webster...That's one person I have millions of americans supporting war on my side because of British actions against them...little helpful hint when ever a text says Americans that usually means the majority of them.

There was just one person in Congress (Jane something...not Jane Addams she was just a pacifist...you probably don't even know what I'm talking about :rollseyes: )opposing both WWI and WWII but the thing is the nation overall was STRONGLY in support of these wars...for WWI because of the Zimmerman Telegram, the germans breaking the sussex pledge, and the sinking of the Lusitania and for WWII the strike on Pearl Harbor (as well as other small things). There will always be one person opposing every american action their were even people opposing to retaliate for 9/11 (you were one of them huh? Good thing your in Canada though, we need less hippies) the overall feeling of nationalism though usually is the decision making go for war. Texas couldn't just start a war with Cuba with out most other states in agreement...I guess that's the only way to break it down for you...this is seriously like talking to a wall nothing is getting through maybe one day you'll learn but I can't go on teaching the ignorant because I really don't have the time and patience.

And Maverick what the f^_^ are you talking about we don't just unite in computers...get out more or something because that just sounded sad...we unite in music, literature, the media, the community, culture, just about everything that makes America...America.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Not America, United States of America, if you apolagyze my intervinence.

OniSyphon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
Not America, United States of America, if you apolagyze my intervinence.
No when your a superpower u can be called Europeans...meanwhile we stick to american canada and mexico are just our 51rst and 52nd states :D

fub33

Member!
Reaction score
honestly i dont give a fuc* about any of this shi*, i just wanted to piss off onisyphon

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Why?

Kamikaze

Respected Member
Reaction score
do you even know who Daniel Webster is?
can you even pick out canada on a map?

stop trying to change the subject, we're talking about the war of 1812 not WWI, WWII or even sept 11

so, who are these millions of people who support war on your side?
from what i can gather the population the us in 1810 was about
5.5 million, not counting slaves and indians.

i can tell you only the south and the west wanted a war, which is about half of the population.

once again, so much for your nationalism

As the country prepared for yet another war with Britain, the United States suffered from internal divisions. The congressional vote to enter the War of 1812 showed that many Americans were unclear about whether to fight and exactly what the war was all about. While the South and West favored war, New York and New England opposed it because it interfered with their commerce.

keep it comming, i've got the next 5 days off to debate:D

Mark4

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
History's largest peace acts are being performed against Bush.

The fact that the innocent can be slaughtered(plain dead) is enough logic we can put up against the war.

Ok. So Saddam and Jung-il Kim is bad.. But Bush can't kill 500,000 Iraqi innocent women and children(estimated casualties of women and children of Iraq when war breaks out) mainly for his greed in

OIL.

No blood for oil.. Bush has no conscience.. he's got no moralities or ethics....

War.... is a very terrible thing..

OniSyphon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Kamikaze
do you even know who Daniel Webster is?
can you even pick out canada on a map?

stop trying to change the subject, we're talking about the war of 1812 not WWI, WWII or even sept 11

so, who are these millions of people who support war on your side?

i can tell you only the south and the west wanted a war, which is about half of the population.

once again, so much for your nationalism

As the country prepared for yet another war with Britain, the United States suffered from internal divisions. The congressional vote to enter the War of 1812 showed that many Americans were unclear about whether to fight and exactly what the war was all about. While the South and West favored war, New York and New England opposed it because it interfered with their commerce.

keep it comming, i've got the next 5 days off to debate:D
Fub33 the only way you can piss me off is by showing me unchangeable ignorance...like kamikaze here is doing...:D

Yes we had a debate in class over the question of whether or not we should go to war...I was George Clinton(he was against war so I know exactly what I'm talking about knowing ,in real life, that he was wrong but still having to stand up for his point.)...don't worry you probably don't know who he is and it wasn't the musician:rolleyes: And one of my classmates was Daniel Webster who I used as a reference...I could give you the whole list of people being reenacted at the debate if you wish...

To say that were not even talking about WWII or any other future event shows how they teach in Canada...the whole point of learning history is to apply to the present because as should be well known to any scholar...history repeats itself...therefore nothing that is going on is new...I was hoping that you atleast would recognize that but I see I was wrong in that presumption.

Now you just said I couldn't say millions of people when you just stated that population was around 5.5 million...do you understand that when you say millions of people it is plural meaning only more than one million...if you don't even know this I don't know what's the object of trying to teach you something.

Now for people opposing the war you said that the West AND South wanted the war...but the North didn't...so that would be two regions against one...meaning a majority...I don't even need outside information you're helping me prove you wrong.

As for the North only the Federalist did not want war and they showed this at the Hartford Convention...however we later see the death of their party because of this and the "era of good feelings" afterwards when only the Democratic Party (mostly supporting the go to war) existed thanks to the couple of Federalist who were not in the nationalistic spirit. Yeah you can see how most of the people wanted to go to war ;)

Originally posted by Mark4
History's largest peace acts are being performed against Bush.

The fact that the innocent can be slaughtered(plain dead) is enough logic we can put up against the war.

Ok. So Saddam and Jung-il Kim is bad.. But Bush can't kill 500,000 Iraqi innocent women and children(estimated casualties of women and children of Iraq when war breaks out) mainly for his greed in

OIL.

No blood for oil.. Bush has no conscience.. he's got no moralities or ethics....

War.... is a very terrible thing..
War may be terrible but it is also the most necessary thing.

So how about the millions of innocents (his own people as well as his enemies) that Saddam will kill if we allow him to continue to create weapons of war which I doubt he will just keep around as a hobby.

Kamikaze

Respected Member
Reaction score
1.you can't use future events to rationalize a war in the past.
2.just because the american people went to war does not mean they wanted to. the government declared war, the people had no choice in the matter.
3.here's a quote from you
"Now for people opposing the war you said that the West AND South wanted the war...but the North didn't...so that would be two regions against one...meaning a majority...I don't even need outside information you're helping me prove you wrong."

YOU FORGOT THE EAST GENIUS! which at the time had the highest population density of all the us due to the shipping industry

4.another quote
As for the North only the Federalist did not want war and they showed this at the Hartford Convention...however we later see the death of their party because of this and the "era of good feelings" afterwards when only the Democratic Party (mostly supporting the go to war) existed thanks to the couple of Federalist who were not in the nationalistic spirit. Yeah you can see how most of the people wanted to go to war ;)

yeah, i know people love to die the only people who want war are those who don't have to fight

you just don't get it do you? do you actually think that just because the government passes a bill or idea that it was the right decision?

btw the era of good feeling began after the war of 1812, making it pointless to bring up unless you are trying a diversionary tactic to get me onto a different subject

i'm ready for your next post:)

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Damn right you are. Like me, I want war coz it's not mine to fight.

Kamikaze

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
I do think that Bush does it for oil. And in the other hand, no, I dont. Bush isnt doing anything there. Maybe the weapons industries that financed his campaign are behind it. And those weapons industries are affiliated with the oil industries. Damn, I've heard that those are the two biggest industries in the U.S. If they fall, the U.S. fall.

U.S. needs the war. I've read somewhere that nowaday, 50% of the oil is imported. It'll get to 66% in the next 5 years. They can't stand it.

check this out, i wonder if were next?:D

From January through August 2002, the United States imported 1.89 million bbl/d of oil from Canada (1.39 million bbl/d of which was crude oil). This makes Canada the top petroleum supplier to the United States and the third-largest supplier of crude oil imports (behind Saudi Arabia and Mexico, and ahead of Venezuela). Canada has been the top supplier to the United States of refined petroleum products, including gasoline, jet fuel, distillate, etc., over the past few years.

bbl/d = barrels per day

OniSyphon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Kamikaze
1.you can't use future events to rationalize a war in the past.
2.just because the american people went to war does not mean they wanted to. the government declared war, the people had no choice in the matter.
3.here's a quote from you
"Now for people opposing the war you said that the West AND South wanted the war...but the North didn't...so that would be two regions against one...meaning a majority...I don't even need outside information you're helping me prove you wrong."

YOU FORGOT THE EAST GENIUS! which at the time had the highest population density of all the us due to the shipping industry

4.another quote

yeah, i know people love to die the only people who want war are those who don't have to fight

you just don't get it do you? do you actually think that just because the government passes a bill or idea that it was the right decision?

btw the era of good feeling began after the war of 1812, making it pointless to bring up unless you are trying a diversionary tactic to get me onto a different subject

i'm ready for your next post:)
lol your head is hard as a rock...I swear

The Past affects the future meaning what is seen in the past is seen in the future and vice versa...where did I say I was using it to rationalize it? I never said I was rationalizing this war...where did that even come from? Are you making things up now? This whole discussion is over who started that war keep this in mind.

Now...
2. Um maybe unlike Canada (I don't no or care Canada doesn't concern me) in America the Government is by the people meaning if the Government does something that the people do not like those government officials will be taking out of office...I don't think they would want that would you?
3. Um sorry to break it to you, maybe I should have said the NORTH EAST, but by saying the North for that time period that basically means from Maryland on up. So everything from their on down is considered the South...:rolleyes:
4. Um again I don't know about Canada...but the last time we had to use a draft was in Vietam and we've had quite a number of military actions with volunteers being the only people in our military...not to mention all the people who fought for the South during the Civil War...they wern't exactly forced into it...see I don't know what type of cowards your country might have but when Americans feel strong enough about something they will fight for it good or bad.

Where did this come from? What bill are you talking about? Are you just pulling things out of your a$$ or do you not understand the words appearing on you screen?

No that was to support my answer when you told asked me quote unquote,"so, who are these millions of people who support war on your side?

i can tell you only the south and the west wanted a war, which is about half of the population. "

You were wrong and I called you on this by showing you how afterwards they were dealt with by the American public because of this and the result afterwards. If America was in such discontent with the war how come the party who was against it ended?

Your seriously telling me in Canada they don't tell you the point of learning history?

BTW I appreciate you calling me a genuis...prodigy...maybe more exact :D

Kamikaze

Respected Member
Reaction score
do you ever get tired of being wrong?

a quote from you:

they wern't exactly forced into it...see I don't know what type of cowards your country might have but when Americans feel strong enough about something they will fight for it good or bad.

i said it in another post but i'll say it here too, canada is one of the only countries to never retreat from any war, anytime anywhere. can the us say that?

another stupid quote from you

The Past affects the future meaning what is seen in the past is seen in the future and vice versa

how in the hell does the the future affect the past ?
WWII had no effect on the war of 1812, so lets not speak of any other war except 1812 until this debate is over.

"This whole discussion is over who started that war keep this in mind."

exactly, and it was the us who declared war, not britain , not the indians and not canada.

quote yet again
Where did this come from? What bill are you talking about? Are you just pulling things out of your a$$ or do you not understand the words appearing on you screen?

i'll use small words so you'll understand, the people known as the "government" sometimes pass laws and make decisions that are not quite in the best interest of the american people at that time. sort of like declaring war on the indians, great britain and canada all at the same time.

what are the main reasons anyone would go to war
1.religion
the americans religious beliefs were not an issue

2.hatred
some of the americans probably hated britain because of political tension between the two countries, but canada and the indians did nothing to get dragged into this war.

3.greed
america thought that by annexing canada they could get rid of the british. they had been stealing the indians land for decades, so we know this was a major contributing factor. not to mention how much money the shipping industry was loosing because of the us trade embargo, which was meant to hurt britain but had no affect.

heres a nice quote you should learn
those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it.

hmm, i seem to be missing 30 posts. very strange.