Why not vote early?

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am 15 and i am going to vote for the president next summer, all you need to do for that if you are in Russia is a passport, and all you have to do to get it is be a citizen of age of 14 and sign some papers. Why does US not allow this, dont you trust your teens? Do you think they immature to make that decision. What is your voting age? Should it be changed? Enlighten me.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

No it shouldnt, for the vast majority of teens and younger could not handle the responsibility to vote. Politicians would abuse our ability and politics as we know it would be no more, I think.

The only arguement I have, is that we can enter the military, fight and die for our country, at 17, but cannot vote until 18 years of age. Interesting.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Indeed, well i do consider myself mature enough to vote, and i will, ofcorse it wouldnt matter much, everyone knows that Putin will get reelected, there is nothing else that can happen.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Otmorosok
, well i do consider myself mature enough to vote
Likewise, but we are a part of a very small minority. Most teens would vote on who had the most 'style' or looked the best.

*shivers* Thats a scary thought. :\

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You have a point, guess it works only for semicommand or command government system there it doesnt matter who you choose.

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i agree with lights, you'd had stupid teens voting for canidates who offer them things. "wow hes the best looking we better vote for him" "wow says hes gonna get more respect for teesn i'll vote for him". itd be pointless to even try to get them to research before voting.

granted i mean the majority of us teens, theres a small percent that wouldn't be completley illogical about it

~Canuck~

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Heh i doubt most teens would even bother to vote thought. . . i mean here in canada i think its something like 90% of people 18-25 don't vote, don't know whos running, just don't care at all. Considering how intertangled our cultures our, it would be logical to expect the same thing happening in the states. . .

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes you are completely right, only the more polictical aware teens would even bother to vote. So what if teens have different reasons for voting, so do adults like "yay this guys going to take money from schools and put into old peoples homes"

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by ORC-r0x0r-ROC
Yes you are completely right, only the more polictical aware teens would even bother to vote. So what if teens have different reasons for voting, so do adults like "yay this guys going to take money from schools and put into old peoples homes"

Maybe, maybe not. If the politicians could come up with good enough bait, the teens would be lured in and caught. Im talking about ridiculous stuff: free cd's, t-shirts, and all other lame things.

As for adults, yes they vote for different reasons, but all dealing with true political agendas. Everyone has different views, but at least, normally, they are about serious matters.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I dont think a candidate would have enough money to give all the teenagers free cds ect and even if they did offer them teenagers still wouldnt vote, they do not give a shit, period. only the few odd teens would vote and if they bother to i doubt there airheads

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Most teenagers have jobs that are minimum wage or close to it so doing something like raising minimum wages would get a lot of support from teens.

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think i am about to do a happy dance, almost a page of text and Guru hasnt said anything yet, finally a normal disccusion without me having to be savage.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
A movie star is governer of California. We should raise the voting age.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
He is a lot smarter than bush, and he isnt some war hungry dickhead. He was'nt just a "movie star", He is very healthy and athletic for his age (and always has been, remember he once had the title of: mr.universe) which also means his brain is a lot more active. Arnold IQ:140 > bush IQ: 91. Arnold is'nt your real concern here.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
He is a lot smarter than bush, and he isnt some war hungry dickhead. He was'nt just a "movie star", He is very healthy and athletic for his age (and always has been, remember he once had the title of: mr.universe) which also means his brain is a lot more active. Arnold IQ:140 > bush IQ: 91. Arnold is'nt your real concern here.
But you most also consider general intelligence does not directly relate to political greatness. They are not one and the same, one could be a genious but not have a clue how to be a succesful politician. Granted, a high IQ wont hurt, but that is not the deciding factor.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Lights
But you most also consider general intelligence does not directly relate to political greatness.Do you know a single 'great' president that was a moron? They are not one and the same, one could be a genious but not have a clue how to be a succesful politician. generally speaking, The smarter the person, the better a president he could be Granted, a high IQ wont hurt, but that is not the deciding factor. What do you mean "It would'nt hurt" like its not important but it is, for a moronic president the 'deciding factor' cept hes a moron is his advisors, you'd better thank advisors because without 'em bush would of killed us all by now.
Theres a coicendence i want to add to this thread, in one of my threads which was "bush or clinton" twice as many people voted that they perferred clinton to bush, and clinton has just over double the IQ of bush.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My post was not directly referring to our current President, it was referring to politics in general, even politics outside of government. :\

About the Bush vs Clinton thing, IQ had nothing to do with it. It was just a coincidence, as you said. Clinton was a master of getting the people to love him, he was an excellent speaker nad his words were like honey. People wouldnt vote for him because of higher IQ, most people probably did not even know he had it. For instance, me, I had no idea about any of this IQ business. It is not that important. There is a difference between book knowledge (IQ) and commen sense/street smarts.

BTW - I believe your method of replying is screwing up the server somehow. :(

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
About the Bush vs Clinton thing, IQ had nothing to do with it. It was just a coincidence, as you said. Clinton was a master of getting the people to love him, he was an excellent speaker nad his words were like honey. People wouldnt vote for him because of higher IQ, most people probably did not even know he had it. For instance, me, I had no idea about any of this IQ business. It is not that important. There is a difference between book knowledge (IQ) and common sense/street smarts.
Well, the higher IQ you have the larger the ability to comprehend and understand things(so it is'nt just book smart), like politics, obviously there are other critea's that make you a good or bad president.
BTW - I believe your method of replying is screwing up the server somehow.
Nope it was something else i was doing, i wrote about it in a recent thread. Many people use that method.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, the higher IQ you have the larger the ability to comprehend and understand things(so it is'nt just book smart), like politics, obviously there are other critea's that make you a good or bad president.
Which is what I have been saying. Yes, IQ, will help you, but it isnt something that should be focused on.

Nope it was something else i was doing, i wrote about it in a recent thread. Many people use that method.
Yea, I see that now. I guess I was just looking for an excuse because that pisses me off. I cant quote you, because you quoted me and it disapears. :( Makes things more difficult for the rest of us...