Why does this forum look like ass now?

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously.. if you're going to convert to IPB or whatever the hell this is.. might want to make a decent theme. The colors are blinding.

If anyone still posts here and the owner *whoever it is now* is amongst the living.. I'd be willing to work on a theme or something. This is terrible.. and again.. looks like ass.

Thanks!

guysensei

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We must have different ideas of what ass is, because to me this looked like ass:

Also, if black text on a white background is blinding to you, does that mean regular books and, like, the Internet are blinding too?

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Are we using the same theme here?

Black text on a white background is fine -- light layouts can look great and professional, but when you have a dark background consisting of orange and black, and then the actual forum part that's white and blue on top of it.. there's no consistency. They look like two completely separate themes mixed together.. which I'm guessing is in fact, exactly what they are.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
I vote for grid

Oh yeah and this is tacky:

Should use icons instead.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Totally agreed. Grid is by far sexier :).

guysensei

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Black text on a white background is fine -- light layouts can look great and professional, but when you have a dark background consisting of orange and black, and then the actual forum part that's white and blue on top of it.. there's no consistency. They look like two completely separate themes mixed together.. which I'm guessing is in fact, exactly what they are.
The external part (header with logo and matching background) are carried over from our most recent vBulletin skin, so that the old users feel somewhat at home with the totally new forum engine and all. The internal part uses the default XenForo palette (for now). Originally my plan was to give the forum an old parchment writing feel, i.e. reddish text on a light background with the same Georgia family font we are using now.

If you want to help with the skin, you are certainly welcome to give it a shot. XenForo styles are extremely tweakable and easy to play with. You can learn more here:

Styling | XenForo
Styling Reference | XenForo
Creating custom style: guide to beginners, best practices, tips and tricks

D-Mix)Dragon007

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I prefer custom rather than default, I prefer dark to light.
I don't think BF has ever looked so angelic before haha
It doesn't feel the same.
These games are about battle, aliens, doom, and gloom.
I dunno if you feel me, maybe I'm just drawing straws.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Still looks like ass. After all these years.