Why does nobody like carriers

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
ya i have beeten carriers with zerg. guy sent in 12 carriers. i had defilers and hydras. those killed about half then ent in like 50 scourges. that guy got owned by zerg. then i attacked with lings and hydras. he still tried carriers but my scourges killed those to..

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by pan_the_man
ya i have beeten carriers with zerg. guy sent in 12 carriers. i had defilers and hydras. those killed about half then ent in like 50 scourges. that guy got owned by zerg. then i attacked with lings and hydras. he still tried carriers but my scourges killed those to..
Same thing has happened to me. I always find it so funny..... some guy is getting raped by defilers and hydras and what does he do? Makes more carriers... lol. Too funny.

LiHaHia

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I like carriers. when pvt it's good when the oppenont makes like 120 tanks...

but when i played in Clan X17, even i won with the carriers, they still said i suck:(

i like to play on Lost Temple too....

plus i play some other maps like New Jungle Story and New No Way Out... they r really fun...

Johnny_Rip

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
what? carriers? forget them people. unless you have 6 templar and u only make one. send in your real carrier with the hullusinations and while they are distracted send in a few arbitrers and recall all your goons (if they are terran and have tanks as d then recall them all on the tanks then push them in fast or they will get destroyed) it is a chance. but it always works for me =)

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
i play micro and bgh and i send 12 carriers then 12 more then 24 my opponents freak i make like 12 starports

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by BigTymer[Frog]
i think al yall r money map players!!!
who gets that many units when ever they talk about there games?
You make it sound like money maps are a bad thing. I don't know how they ever got that reputation. It seems people think if you play with 1500 minerals instead of 50000, you're a better player. Be that as it may, 50000 minerals is more enjoyable and as long as maps are created equally, I don't see a problem with them. Ladder maps like Hunters and Temple get boring very fast...

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Carriers are very strong if used correctly. First of all, they are not really good vs zerg because scourges combined with hydras will own them in most cases. Carriers are best in PvT but they are also good in PvP.
Second, carriers are very expensive. There is no such thing as a working carrier rush. If u are going to make carriers u need several expansions and u need to hide them from the enemy so that the initial attack will catch him off guard.

Carriers are great expansion killers, and are very hard to beat if cliffed. Allways remember to have 3-4 observers following your carriers if the enemy is terran, cloaked wraiths can kill off carriers very fast. Also, combine them with masses of zealots. A well played carrier-lot combo is the hardest thing a terran can face in late game on lost temple.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
You make it sound like money maps are a bad thing. I don't know how they ever got that reputation. It seems people think if you play with 1500 minerals instead of 50000, you're a better player. Be that as it may, 50000 minerals is more enjoyable and as long as maps are created equally, I don't see a problem with them. Ladder maps like Hunters and Temple get boring very fast...
When i play on non-money maps like lost temple, i will in late game have 6 or 7 working expansions where im harvesting minerals. I will constantly pump units from 15 gateways or more (yes, on non-money maps) I will have far more than 50000 minerals through the game. In a Protoss vs Terran game i will make masses of goons, zealots, and carriers. It is just like on money maps, but it requires far more skill and it is much more fun. In 1 hour me and my enemy will have spent nearly all the money on the map and through the entire game the goal has been getting more money than my enemy.

Non-money maps require echonomical management, strategical use of the terrain, in early game u have to micro and use every single unit to its full potentional, in late game u will have macro just like in money maps, and u will have to save units and not waste them because u cant afford to lose 6 carriers and 12 zealots.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by sexynatzi
if you upgrade the carriers, send in 3 differnt directions, have like 12/12/12 you can own a base but you get pwned by upgraded bc's, and scouts if upgraded can beat carriers. carriers are good for non-money maps and ffa's but 0clutters nah
it seems the carriers own zerg always. ever zerg beat carriers??
36 carriers? Hmmm... sorry to tell you natzi, but that ain't possible ;) Unless, of course, you maxed out, then mind controled another 16 carriers or so... but otherwise, your food limit wouldn't allow it (obviously).

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
theres a way

I once had to kill all my workers but one for food but it helped.

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
I've never been killed by Carriers. Defilers make them completly useless, because I always have 7-8 burrowed and I put all my tech stuff close together so if they attack I can cast DarkSwarm and protect them. Then I make some distraction units and flank the Carriers with scourge.
Carriers arn't unbeatable and if you want whisper me on bnet and I'll prove it :D

My SN is TheOpoism.
Period is part of my name

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Thats y most players only use them vs terran.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Yes, but that is easier vs terran because they lack mobility.