Why does nobody like carriers

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
hmmm

Carriers are very good if used correctly. 6 carriers attacking a base will distract the enemy while your main force attacks. If you just send 24 carriers in alone, any good player will own them

IWANAKILLU

Reaction score
ohh shit

thats why i always lose thanx ....which one do u like to play on net

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
eh

I play zerg mostly. I usually will just go Hydras, Zerglings & Defilers. Great combination (kills carriers in seconds).

InsaneSpud

Reaction score
you want anything flying killed in seconds? use the scourge from the zerg, you get two in one egg like zerglings. they're cheap eficient and can kamakazie anything out of the sky. i always suggest keeping some around just incase you get attacked by carriers or desroyers.

UlyssesSGrant

Reaction score
people say that carriers are newb weapons because he is right MOST of the time alot fo carriers kick but, but you know what, my motto is, whatever kick's ass,i use it. But i only use them on BGH or a FFA game, on 0 clutter why sue carriers, when i can kick there ass with terran-

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
lol I played lost temple alot and it's the gayest map ever. I dunno why it's praised as the "most skilled map". That's bullshit. 1v1 it's alright, but 4 people and it's gay. Too many map hackers out there also. Map hacks make small maps very hard to win, even if the map hacker sucks.

Redcloak

Member!
Reaction score
Carriers are generally not very good cost/usefulness.

Also, Lost Temple has a lot more strategy than BGH... that said LT is so overplayed that most people know tricks and tactics only for it and not other maps. So rather than seeing how good of a SC/Bw player they are, you are seeing how good of a Lost Temple player they are.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
it is so easy to take carriers down. if u know how to target you can. here are my methods. use a couple ghost to lock down then send any unit to kill it cause they cant even move. everyone gets mad when i do that. corsairs + devourers murder them and about 5 scourges can tak one out. Battlecruisers alone can take out double the amount of carriers. i had 12 bc once and they took out 24 carriers. i still had all my bc. if anyone wants ill show em the replay.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I don't mean to brag... but I believe i'm the fastest locker downer in the game! I get 12 ghosts + The Gathering & I can lockdown 100 wraiths in a few seconds ;) lol. I won "Spider Man Madness" the other day against the wraiths, rushing and locking down. Was pretty hilarious. He shoulda won. Uh, spiderman madness is a UMS game btw.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
it's rigged... green goblin should always win. Lately i've started being an asshole :/ heh. Whenever I join a spiderman madness game and the host is sitting in Green Goblin, i'll just think "ok, if he wants to be cheap then so will I"..... so ill just backstab my partner right away and get to 500 first lol ;)

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
lol green goblin is strong. but i dont know what version u play casue spider man can take em down. i bs in every ums game. im so evil.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by pan_the_man
im so evil.
And so--

[Post interrupted]

Am I right, or am I right?

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
spiderman is the worst for taking GG down... 400hp tanks w/ 100 Power VS 220hp Marines w/ 52 Power ..... no way.... poor marines wont stand a chance. Vultures VS tanks, forget it. Spiderman is ok when it comes to fighting tanks, but he wont win. The best class for killing tanks is zerglings, they own them.

KerriganForever

Member!
Reaction score
Website
stores.andale.com
Aw, my brood zerglings...so small yet so fast...claws long and sharp, tearing thru metal...tearing thru your flesh!!!

Aw my brood zerglings, I'v taught them well.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
aw the air unit flys over those and blows the shit out of them. so long tiny zergling.your just not far enough in the tech to defend urself against air.

sexynatzi

Member!
Reaction score
if you upgrade the carriers, send in 3 differnt directions, have like 12/12/12 you can own a base but you get pwned by upgraded bc's, and scouts if upgraded can beat carriers. carriers are good for non-money maps and ffa's but 0clutters nah
it seems the carriers own zerg always. ever zerg beat carriers??