Who Says SC2 is the next blizzard game comming out?

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Everyone here seems to think Starcraft 2 is the next Blizzard game comming out, but Im almost positive its not. As I have stated HERE on my site and HERE on theye forums, Blizzard has announced a new game that they are going to announce on September 20. I, along with almost anyone who has been listening to what Blizzard has been saying and been thinking about what is good for Blizzard, the next game will most likely be a Warcraft III Expantion set, not Starcraft 2. Since WCIII just came out, blizzard will probibly wait at least 3 years before they releace another RTS (or RPS as some people call WCIII). But if it isn't Starcraft 2 (which as ive said, im almost positive it isn't), dont be too dissapointed. A warcraft III expantion with new units and a new storyline would be great. And expectaly don't be dissapointed if its a completely new universe. When Blizzard announces Starcraft, people were mad because they wanter a WarCraft III. And Starcraft turned out to be, in the minds of many people, the best game of all time.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I hope it's a new game/universe. But I doubt it will be. The reason I don't think theu will create a new game is because they don't need to... the demand for a WC3 Expansion is huge. The demand for Starcraft 2 is huge and the demand for Diablo 3 is growing. I think this announcement will be the WC3 expansion as well, but it could also be them announcing that they are going to make sc2 (cause as we all know, they still haven't announced it). The domain name www.starcraft2.com points to blizzard & is owned by blizzard. Whether or not this means anything or if they are just protecting their copyright, is something we prob won't know for a while (or maybe not so long, heh). One thing is for sure though... their announcement will probably make almost everyone happy, cause alot of people wanna see WC3 expansion and alot of people wanna see SC2... so either way, blizz wins.

SKuZZy

firebat451

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I agree that War 3 exp will come out next. But that isn't a new game just an expantion. The next new game will be Starcraft 2 for sure. What else would they do. There is just too much demand for it.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
They've been working on the game for awhile. It's being released in the forth quarter of next year, and I've heard it's nearly fifty percent done.

P

Psi_Keeper

I don't think starcraft ghost will go to far... not many people I know like the games like SC and BW on console machines... they say they like those games much better on the comp... because they have the keyboard which allows them much more freedom than one of those dam game pads. The Starcraft64 that came out, anyone I talk to hated it, no multi play, crappy comtrols, graphics are cheap. same for other game like SC, example Comand & Conquer for PS, everyone thought it was crap. I think Blizzard should stick to the comp... because console machines aren't advanced enough to handle those games.

robinator08

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.w3.to
going console

i think that starcraft isn't ever going to go console again, but other things have hope. thing that has the most hop is d2 cause itz got lots of action and they could add on moves and head shots...

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Psi_Keeper
I don't think starcraft ghost will go to far... not many people I know like the games like SC and BW on console machines... they say they like those games much better on the comp... because they have the keyboard which allows them much more freedom than one of those dam game pads. The Starcraft64 that came out, anyone I talk to hated it, no multi play, crappy comtrols, graphics are cheap. same for other game like SC, example Comand & Conquer for PS, everyone thought it was crap. I think Blizzard should stick to the comp... because console machines aren't advanced enough to handle those games.
Jesus f*cking Christ... N64, unlike PS2, GameCube, and XBox, does not have internet capabilities. The three new consoles do, so multiplayer action is a possibility for anything StarCraft on the console.

Another thing: StarCraft 64 (the N64 version of StarCraft) is an RTS game! RTS games SUCK on consoles. TPS's (Third Person Shooters) do not! Look at Metal Gear Solid 2. That's a TPS, and it's great. See? Is MGS2 anything like SC (as far as gameplay goes)? No!

NeonGreen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
ued.clanpages.com
American?

dude your a ****ing moron, i bet your one of those pathetic newbies that hink you are gosu, anyone that has one of these new systems i can bet either isnt a gammer wich means they arnt into games like sc or they also have a computer, were they can play using there hotkeys. and as far as sc2 goes blizzard has always followed a pattern of realesing a game then an expantion thin a spoof then a game well we got war 3 and we got world of warcraft so we are missind wexp and now we have ghost were is the sc2 and the sc2exp? My money sais theya rnt relesing one... ever or they would have already and they wouldnt have stoping carring about sc b.net for now sc will lose a great deal of popularity...

X

XxX

i disagree. although an expansion for war3 would be nice but thats not the next one. The next game they are going to release is World of Warcraft. n than mayb an exp for warcraft 3 n than mayb sc2

NeonGreen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
ued.clanpages.com
i know

thats what i was saying.... but without the sc2 thing. With the resent release of wc sc2 woulod be economic suicide for blizzard, they would not make peek profits off wc3 or world of warcraft so untill those silly games start to die out dont expect to see another sc, and if they do it will be a japanies or a korean vs....

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I think it's f*cking ridiculous how everyone is guessing when/what is coming out next! I say get f*cking over it! And stop saying shit that you know isn't true anyway!!! Just sit back in your computer chairs and wait for what Blizzard has to say about what/when something is coming out next!! Then you can play your little games of 'I told you so!'

!!!!

NeonGreen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
ued.clanpages.com
WOW!!!

OKEY YOU DID IT, YOU CHANGED MY MIND!!! on b.net there is a guy named dos_tank i really thought he was the dumbest dude ever to be born but come to find out he isnt, lol you are fool, go find none gammers to chill with kuz hear in our little gaming world people like you mean shit more then a fly, k? later

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok first of all, sc2 isnt comin out for another 2 1/2 years. I know because i subscribe to PC gamer mag