Who is the Greatest Man of All Time?

XenoDancer

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
In this thread, post who you believe has had the most impact on their chosen field or the world.

I personally believe that Adolf Hitler has had the greatest impact on modern culture. Since he started WWII, it can be said that he is responsible for building the United States into a nation. The USA would never be as powerful as it is today if it weren't for the trade agreements with England during WWII; the USA literally sucked Britain dry.

WWII also resulted in HUGE technologic advances, many of which we take for granted these days.

Adolf Hitler is the guiding darkness which has formed the culture we now live in today. He built an empire of fear that will never be broken. Even today his very name sends chills down people's spines. Brilliant demalogue, master statesman, and one of the greatest military minds rolled into one entity is a powerful combination.

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I wouldn't say hitler had a great "military mind". I mean after all, the biggest country he manage to conquer was France? I mean come on, that wouldnt be that hard. He took a lot of small places like holland and stuff, but thats because those countries have more homeless people than soldiers. I mean, he couldn't even take of britain. BRITAIN! how hard could that be?

PsYcHoSiD77

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yea, he wasn't a military mastermind by any standards. ANYONE who attacks Russia in the middle of the winter is an absolute moron. He sent many of his best soldiers over there and lost them, which ended up losing him the war. If he had any mind at all, he would have known that history repeats itself *cough* *cough* *napoleon* *cough*

XenoDancer

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Im sure you are forgetting that he conquered all of Europe except for Great Britian. Had he allowed Rommel to push and Al Ameine, there wouldn't be a USA that you know of. He allowed Britain to escape at Dunkirk in hopes of a diplomatic alliance agains't the Russians. Hitler would have won Russia if it weren't for Stalingrad, where, luckily for the Russians they were unable to maintain the seige.

YeoKeh

Battleforums OG
Reaction score
Well neil armstrong.

WIthout him we would not even know about other planets.
SO when the earth blows up. We have no where to go except die. :(

MIKEY-THE-GUY

Member!
Reaction score
Website
google.com
Hitler was by no means a military genius, but he was a genius of other sorts. He recognized that Germany was in a state of chaos without real leadership. Hitler was a genius in that he could warp people's, of all different social denominations, ways of thinking. He was a master at observing how people form groups because of others wanting to do so, and he exploited it. Hitler may not have had the most impact on the world as we know it but he is up there in the top 10.

I cannot pick one person who had the most impact on the world, because i just don't know enough to make a valid statement, but i do think the Greeks had the most impact on the world as a civilization.

XenoDancer

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What are you?? American?? Look at it this way, it took 90% of the worlds man power and resources to stop Germany.
America couldn't even defeat Vietnam.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
What are you, and idiot? Hitler was in the top ten for impact, but Stalin had more military genious than Hitler, and that's not saying much. If Hitler were a genoius, he would have secured Britian, Africa, and the Middle East before taking Russia. He would have also held a tighter leash on his "allies", Japan and Italy. Why? He was scared to death of US involvement. He should have been worried about Brittish recovery as well. Brittian and the US won the war combined with Hitler's stupidity.

Brittian was on the road to recovery, thanks to US involvement, and that's the truth. The Blitz against Brittian was doing nothing toward the end but strengthening their defense. They soon learned what exactly to ask for from the US. Japan's attack on the US secured victory, however. Brittian was both elated and saddened by Pearl Harbor. The PM essentiall said this when told Pearl Harbor was attacked (I'll start with the initial message):

Messanger: Prime Minister! The US was just attacked at Pearl Harbor by the Japanese!
PM: *thinks for a moment* Bring out the best bottle of [insert wine type here].
Messanger: Sir?
PM: The Japanese just won this war for us.

Hello people! Can you not recognize history?! That, FYI, I had to get from a Brittish history book. The Brittish were not satisified with out "indirect" assistance (selling weapons and such to them); they wanted our military as well. Hitler attacked Russia in haste thanks to our interferance. He was going to wait a bit longer (I don't know to what point). Hitler's stupidity + Japans interferance + Russia allying with US and Brittian = His downfall.

Later! I'm out!
~~BAM the DOC

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by GsVi-Crazy
Well neil armstrong.

WIthout him we would not even know about other planets.
SO when the earth blows up. We have no where to go except die. :(
What are you talking about? Armstrong didn't discover other planets!

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Napolean Bonaparte he was possibly the greatest military genius of all time.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yes, but he was overconfident. Can anyone say:

Pride cometh before thy fall?

That was Napolean's greatest weakness.

MIKEY-THE-GUY

Member!
Reaction score
Website
google.com
i agree that stalin had great impact on the world, and i dont doubt that he has a much better military mind, but if it werent for lenin stalin could not have done any of the things that he did do. i believe that lenin is more influencial than stalin.

ZeroX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Im gonna make a list

1. King Midas(i think) Since he invented plumming
2. Thomas Edison, he invented electricity
3. Leonardo Devincii(sp?), great inventor of his time
4. Bill Gates, revolutionized the way we use computers
5. Alexander Ghram Bell(i hope i wrote that right) telephone
6. Alexander Hammilton, stopped this one bad guy from becoming prez. and was a great man
7. Marco Polo, made trade easier with the east
8. Christopher Columbus(id say the vikings but no one really knew about what they did at their time) Discovered the western continents
9. Lincoln, came up wit the emancipation proclimation to set the slaves free
10. Martin Luther king jr, Helped a LOT for black rights